(Closed) April 2017 Mamas

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
484 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hi ladies! I just POAS this morning and it was positive! This is my 3rd pregnancy – will be 2nd birth. I had a very early MC 2 months ago. My husband and I have been married since July 2010 and together since 2004. We have a beautiful and spunky 3 and a half old little girl named Madelyn. So far, my EDD is April 7, 2017. Looking forward to chatting with you all! 🙂

Post # 4
484 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I was also going to say…eventually when this group gets big enough…the last group I joined created a secret Facebook group for people to follow up on easier 🙂 

Post # 5
755 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Roll call:

How far along are you? 4 weeks 5 days

Whats your estimated due date? March 31 2017 (but likely to be revised once I have a dating scan)

How many cycles trying? First try!! Still in shock.

When did you get your BFP? Last Friday, 9 DPO

Post a picture of your BFP? its on my phone, pic to follow

Who have you told? Husband (obviously), my mum and my best friend.

When do you plan on telling more people? Other immediate family will be told after our first scan, friends after 12 weeks, social media likely 20-something weeks or not at all. 

How did you tell your partner? Woke him up at 6am waving the test in his face cos I thought I was imagining the second line, it was so faint. The next day I went charging into the pharmacy at 8am absolutely busting for a wee. Grabbed an armful of tests, raced home and peed on them all Juno-style hahaha. 

Any symptoms yet? They come and go. Vaguely sore boobs (and boy have they got big!!), mild cramping or aching in the pelvis and lots of nausea which seems to stike the worst at 4am and wake me up. 

What are you most excited about? Getting the good seats on the train hahaha

When is your first appointment? GP this Friday for bloodwork, first US on Aug 12 at 7-ish weeks, Obstetrician booking-in appointment Aug 24 at 9 weeks.

For Fun – do you have any names picked out? No idea yet. We were honestly not expecting this AT ALL for quite a while yet. 

Post # 6
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Roll call:

How far along are you? 3 weeks, 1 day

Whats your estimated due date? April 11 2017 – two days after my husband’s!

How many cycles trying? 3. I suspected it might happen this cycle, but holy cow, I’m in total disbelief.

When did you get your BFP? Today! 8DPO

Who have you told? Husband, pets 😉

When do you plan on telling more people? Another girl in the family just got married and is newly pregnant – so they told people right away. She is due late March, and we don’t plan telling anyone until we’re out of the first trimester. So that’ll be a fun surprise with our due dates so close together!

How did you tell your partner? Yelled “I think I’m pregnant” from the bathroom at 4:30 am haha

Any symptoms yet? Sore boobs, super dry skin and slight waves of nausea.

What are you most excited about? Seeing the baby on an ultrasound and being out of the first trimester!

When is your first appointment? No idea yet, heading for blood work in a couple days.

For Fun – do you have any names picked out? Yep! But we need to come up with a few more alternate ideas.

brittanym526 :  Would love a Facebook group!

Post # 8
615 posts
Busy bee

Hey Guys! I’m a date twin with SomeBlonde :  So I may have a March baby, but we are right on the cusp with a March 31st due date so I’ll join you guys too! =) (if that’s OK)

How are along are you?

4 weeks 6 days

What’s your estimated due date?

March 31st 2017

How many cycles have you been trying?

2, but only one cycle actually tracking and “trying.” IUD was removed at the end of May. Got my first period at the end of June- started tracking and BAM ego got prego! =)

When did you get your BFP?

7/17/16 at 10 DPO

Who have you told?

Husband and close family. We were going to try to keep it a secret, but we HAD to tell a few people and figured if (god forbid) something does happen we will need some support. SO those that do know are under strict instructions to keep quiet! =)

When do you plan on telling more people?

We are going to hold out until telling everyone on our 1 year anniversary at the end of October. I will be around 18 weeks along.  

How did you tell your partner?

I got a super suinter the morning of 10DPO and showed him the test. He was wary, but excited and made me go buy some digitals. So after a 4 hour hold, we dipped FOUR more tests (2 digitals) and shut the bathroom door and set a timer for 3 minutes. We were able to go look at them together, it was super fun to have that moment together!

Any symptoms yet?

Ugghh YESS! I’m soo soo super tired, breaking out in acne like a teenager, and my boobs feel like boulders and HURT so bad! (so far pregnancy is GRAND! hehe )

What are you most excited about?

Feeling the baby move and seeing my husband become a daddy. He is so so excited and will be an amazing dad!

When is your first apt?

My OBGYN group doesnt see patients until 10 weeks, so my first apt isnt until Sept 8th for an intake and Sept 22nd for a OB visit/ultrasound. So far away!!

For fun- do you have any names picked out?

YES! I love names and am pretty set on a few I have picked out. Thank goodness the hubs like them AND they go with our last name!

Post # 9
310 posts
Helper bee

SomeBlonde :  Relieved someone else is already nauseous! It started yesterday for me, but everywhere I’m reading says it doesn’t start until 6 weeks or so. If this is a sign of things to come…it’s going to be a long couple months!

Post # 10
755 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

aquarius_91 :  I know… I’ve been awake trying not to throw up since 4am (it’s now midday), feeling so sick today I couldn’t even go to work so I’m lying in bed with our two puppies. Their little puppy snores are helping cheer me up a lot! 

Post # 11
310 posts
Helper bee

SomeBlonde :  Ha! I’m laying with my cat and dog as well, working late and trying to ignore the sick feeling! Glad to know it’s not just me 🙂

Post # 12
231 posts
Helper bee

I’m going to wait until after my first beta on Monday to roll call, but this was from FMU today at 10DPO. EDD based on ovulation date is 4/12/2017.

Post # 13
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

How far along are you? Three weeks!

What’s your estimated due date: I think around March 15th. 

How many cycles trying? We weren’t really tracking this. We have a nine month old now and were planning to start really trying later this year. It took us three cycles to conceive last time so we decided we would just risk it each month since we were up for getting pregnant again at any time!

When did you get your BFP? This morning!

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 

Who have you told? My husband, my October moms FB group, and now you guys!

When do you plan on telling more people? We plan on telling immediate family earlier this time…maybe around 6-8 weeks. Then we will do the announcement to everyone else at 3 months.

How did you tell your partner? Just walked downstairs with the pee stick!

Any symptoms yet? My hips have been really sore and my nails look awesome. 

What are you most excited about/for? Finding out the gender! We have a girl already and are sort of hoping for a boy…but we will be happy either way.

When is your first appt? Haven’t made it yet! 

For fun – Do you already have name ideas? Not at all. We will probably wait to find out gender to really think about names.

Post # 14
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

How far along are you? 3 weeks

What’s your estimated due date: April 11, 2017

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? 07/29

Who have you told? Only Darling Husband.

When do you plan on telling more people? 12 weeks

How did you tell your partner? I put the positive pregnancy test, a t-shirt I purchased for him off of ETSY (the shirt says: Be nice to me my wife is pregnant) & a baby book I bought him off of Amazon on the bed. When he got home from work and saw it all on the bed, he literally jumped up and down with excitement. I will cherish that moment forever.

Any symptoms yet? Exhaustion, nausea & loss of appetite.

What are you most excited about/for? Finding out the gender & seeing my hubby become a dad. He’s going to be amazing.

When is your first appt? I plan to call my DR to schedule my first appointment tomorrow.

For fun – Do you already have name ideas? We have girl and boy names already picked out.

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

Roll Call:

How far along are you? 3w6d

What’s your estimated due date:  4/11/17

How many cycles trying?  1. Had my IUD out in May, but this was the first time we were (sort of) trying. 

When did you get your BFP?  7/29 

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 

Who have you told?    My husband, in laws and mother. 

When do you plan on telling more people?  Try to wait until 12 weeks, but in my experience everyone guesses before then

How did you tell your partner?  It was his bday, so I put some tests into a gift bag. 

Any symptoms yet?  Comes and goes. My breasts are a bit tender, and I was nauseous a few days ago but that hasn’t returned 

What are you most excited about/for?  My daughter to have a sibling 

When is your first appt?  Haven’t made one yet! My dr likes to see you around 6 weeks 

For fun – Do you already have name ideas?

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/april-2017-mamas/#ixzz4G5wUrQBd

The topic ‘April 2017 Mamas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors