(Closed) APRIL 2018 POAS

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 151
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
mainely :  Ugh, I can’t believe that doctor! Is there any way you can track while keeping it “relaxed” for your husband? That’s kind of what my husband wants me to do. He doesn’t want to know all the details about “OMG I’m about to ovluate, we’ve got to BD!” Instead, he wants me to make it more romantic if I know that we need to BD that day.

View original reply
Mrs.MackenzieS :  I’m going crazy just like you!! I thought I had ovulated back on 3/22, but my temps spiked and then went down immediately for a few days. They went up the past two days and I had an almost positive OPK on 3/27 – when everything has been stark white up till that point. So I think I actually ovulated on 3/27, but I’m still waiting to see my temps stay high the next few days. So I thought I was in my TWW but I wasn’t! Now I think I actually am at 2dpo, but I feel like I’ve been in this wait forever. Ha! 

How do people stay sane during the TWW?

Post # 152
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
whitemochi622 :  somehow I missed your reply! MTHFR actually is something that I’m thinking about and want to talk to my Dr about! I found out after talking to my mom following this MC that she has at least one strongly present version of MTHFR and went through multiple MCs before my sister was born and I’m pretty sure between my sister and me as well. 🙁 

I’m hoping that he doesn’t brush me off because they’re not counting the first CP on file and aren’t likely to intervene until I’ve had 3. 

Post # 153
1121 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
ladycomfypants :  I’m sorry lady, how frustrating! FX his next SA comes back normal…

View original reply
mainely :  are you kidding me?? I don’t know who I’m madder at, that doctor or your husband. If I’ve learned one thing through this process it’s that half the time doctors know less than the ladies on these boards have figured out on their own – especially GP’s and OB’s. And I’m so mad that your D.H. is just taking it at face value because it makes his life easier. GRR. 😡

View original reply
whitemochi622 :  LOL yessss – yay for EWCM! I get so excited when I see it too. I noticed some about a week before O this cycle, you know, when it was completely useless. 😂

Post # 154
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
sleepymelis :  Oh, furious doesn’t even come close for me right now. He literally said, “She said it’s not me because I already have two kids. It’s just too much pressure.” What?! Did you really just run salt into my wound like that?! I’m utterly defeated right now. I don’t even want to keep trying.

Post # 155
2133 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
mainely :  OMG Bee, I am furious FOR you. The dr said that?!? And then your husband followed up with that?! I’d be tempted to reschedule an appointment on his behalf and get both of them in the room and give them a ROYAL ass chewing together.

One for propogating misinformation on her part and prescribing anecdoctal stories. I’m not even touching that, it is so absurd. 

And for your husband, I’d remind him that yeah— he “successfully” fathered two children, which some would consider BAGGAGE, and he should be reminded that you willingly stepped into that role. And that if he keeps up this almighty fertility blame game, that he’d very quickly find himself minus a partner to argue about it with. Because you’ll be off finding someone who doesn’t have every excuse in the book to avoid sex AND then turn around to rub salt in the wound with their other children’s existence as proof of their hyper fertility. That’s just gross.

This makes me ragey for you– I’m so sorry, I’d be furious as well.

Post # 156
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
mainely :  sorry bee, he sounds like an assswad.  His doc does too, though I don’t *acutally* know what she said, I know what HE said to his WIFE who he is supposed to SUPPORT and CARE about and be a TEAM with.

everything @fromatoz said.  

Post # 157
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
mainely :  OMW bee you need to have a serious talking to your man about how that is not helpful for taking pressure off… of YOU. Talk about even MORE pressure! I’m convinced our troubles are “me” (everything has been messed up since the MC), but hubby is constantly saying how he wants to be healthier, asking if he should be taking vitamins, getting checked, etc. That’s the kind of attitude I personally need, even if it’s not him, to make it feel like we’re in this together. Your hubby needs to support you a lot more. Time for a come to Jesus moment…..

Post # 158
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
singingbee5 :  I hope you get some answers! It’s funny how similar mothers’ experiences can be sometimes… my mom took over a year to get pregnant the first time also, and lost one even later than I did (I think about 14 weeks, mine was close to 10). It’s helpful to have someone who understands, but also kind of let me know I might be facing struggles as well. But she did have me and my sister eventually without help so I’m still holding onto that hope. 

It’s a shame they don’t account for CPs into medical history, although I get it to some extent since probably a lot of women have them and don’t even realize. I didn’t go in for my first loss, so it’s not on my record. So they only see me as having had a MC, but my OB did take it into consideration and I think that’s why she let me get the blood tests. 

Post # 159
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
peaceandlove :  You know, I’m not sure we do stay sane! Haha! I’m not temping yet, so I’m just hoping that I did in fact ovulate when I got my +OPKs. I thought that not temping would help me feel relaxed, but it is actually stressing me out more. I liked that I could see for sure that I had ovulated. If I don’t get a BFP this month, I may try even though my sleep is thrown off by my toddler. Hopefully I’d be able to see enough of a pattern to confirm O.

Post # 160
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
Mrs.MackenzieS :  Ha! Temping has been confusing so far – but I did travel for work (within the same time zone) and i’m still working on regulating the time I temp. It is calming though to have it as something that I’m tracking. Lol.

I know I can’t have symptoms yet but I’m just waiting to start symptom spotting, lol. Another reason I’m pretty sure I’m 2DPO – my nipples have been tender since yesterday (which I never had while on the pill). I read that nipple tenderness tends to happen after ovulation, vs. full breast soreness is an early pregnancy sign. Can anyone back that up with personal experience? Ha.

Post # 161
436 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
peaceandlove :  
View original reply
fromatoz :  Thanks bees. I really appreciate the support.  I feel like all I do on here is complain, but I have no one IRL to talk to about this stuff.

View original reply
mainely :  OMG. Like all the other bees, I am incredulous about that doctor. WTF. I would be soooooo mad. I’m sorry that happened! And I’m sorry your guy is being so thickheaded.

Post # 162
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Thank you so much, all of you! Today has been a rough day for me. To say I was rage-y was an understatement. My husband really is a good man, which is why I was all the more taken aback by his eargerness to believe the doctor regardless of logic and science. @ladycomfypants definitely has it right with thick headed! I’ve calmed some. 

I called my mom and told her we were TTC (she had no clue) and just unleashed all of my anger and frustration and hurt. It did me a world of good. Sometimes you still just need your mommy when you’re sad! 

Hubby did ask if we could meet for a drink after dinner, so we did. Some interesting things came out. Like how he thinks I will leave him if “he can’t get me pregnant” to “find someone who can,” so he feels extra pressure. Not sure where he got that from, but I listened and tried to understand. I do have a tendency to obsess about things a bit, so I understand the pressure he might feel on that front. But we’ve had to agree to disagree on the doctor’s advice.

After my current cycle I’ll likely be traveling too much to ensure being home during my FW, so it won’t matter much anyway. We’ll have to transition into NTNP out of necessity, I think. I will be out of the country for an entire month in June, and don’t want to be in first trimester (risk of miscarriage in a foreign country where I don’t speak the language sounds awful), so I was already toying around with the idea of actively avoiding until we left for our trip. Now I’m really leaning towards that.

Post # 163
1121 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
mainely :  I’m sorry what?? So you’re at fault for putting too much pressure on him – and his solution is to put ALL the pressure on you? Nice. 😡 Sorry for the sarcasm, I’m just so mad for you. You need to have a serious talk with him about how not OK it is to say those kinds of things to you. I’m so sorry bee…

ETA I just read your update. So glad you were able to pour out your frustration to your mom – and that your D.H. was able to admit some of his insecurities. That’s a big first step. FX this cycle works out but if not, maybe it’ll be good to have a mental break from it all. ❤️

Post # 164
2461 posts
Buzzing bee

officially rolling over…no AF or positive HPT yet. Potential O on CD 24 in March. I don’t know what is wrong with my body.

Your age/partner’s age:  28/34

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD41….no AF and no positive HPT. 

Ovulation Date: Not sure – still waiting to get AF  

POAS Date: Not sure

Usual Cycle Length: 30-40 days?

Cycles Trying: 2….in 4 months since they’ve been that long. 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): temping/charting, being more consistent with CM status, Maca root and RRL capsules, prenatals and zinc, and OPKs. 

Trying anything new this month? Being more consistent with CM and attempting OPKs again. 

Link to your chart if charting: still waiting to be done with the last one. 

For Fun:  Are you looking foward to Spring? Anything fun planned? Yes!!!! So done with MN winter. Nothing exciting planned, except we can finally finish our basement this spring/summer. 

<div> </div>

Post # 165
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I have some pinkish red spotting today 🙁 I don’t know what it means… maybe my period is coming 6 days early. Really weird and disheartening.

The topic ‘APRIL 2018 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors