(Closed) APRIL 2018 POAS

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 181
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
mainely :  definitely worth checking ahead of time, if you have the time!  I’m currently pregnant and have no immunity to Rubella.  Every conference I go to is gonna be stressful and while I’d *love* to travel to Spain to see my family while pregnant I don’t know if it’s in the cards for me.  (Spain is fine, I think, but airports aren’t..)

Post # 182
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
amanda1988 :  Is Spain where you are from? We spent about 3 weeks there last summer, my first time, and I loved it! I’d love to go back this summer but I’m not sure we’ll have the time. My husband lived in Hungary for a time, so we try to go back at least once a year for a couple of weeks to visit friends, and then spend 2-3 weeks visiting other countries while we’re over. We talked about canceling our trip for this summer if I hadn’t conceived by this current cycle so we wouldn’t chance me being in my first trimester and being overseas so long, but I really don’t want to miss going. We are supposed to be having a special ceremony this summer to become godparents of our friends’ new baby, and I absolutely don’t want to miss it. So, if I don’t end up pregnant in two weeks, it’s the perfect time to get the shot (if I need it) and hold off on trying until this summer!

Post # 183
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
mainely :  my father is from Spain.  He and my mother (who is from Hong Kong) live in Canada, where I grew up/am from.  so I’m an immigrant of immigrant descent lol. (Since I currently live in the USA)

But yeah, I consider Spain a kind of.. secondary “where I’m from”.  Up until I went to graduate school in California I spent at least 2-3 months out of each year in Spain.  My father is a professor so I spent a couple full years in Spain on his sabbaticals.  My brother was born in Spain during one such stay!  When I was really little we didn’t stop in other countries but by the time I was 10 and my brother was 4 or so we would visit at least one other country on our way to/from Spain each trip. ๐Ÿ™‚

Honestly, if the trip is important to you–I think this is a good call.  Not just for the vaccine (which, for peace of mind, is worth getting.. or having your immunity checked out) but honestly I feel like crap.  I’m having relatively mild pregnancy symptoms (thank god) though those also suck.. and I’ve been sick for the last 7 days with a cold that I can’t take ANY medication for.  You know how its super easy to get colds and stuff while travelling?  Yeah… Also, in general what food sounds repulsive rotates day by day (with a few overarching themes) so for all you know you would be able to eat literally nothing on your trip, other than bread and butter.

And again that’s the mild pregnancy crap.. a friend of mine vomits every other day at least and feels like queasy crap 24/7. 

But you know this, I’m just complaining.  I know we joke abotu how “I’ll never complain once I’m pregnant” and don’t get me wrong I’m still hella thankful to be in this position but fuck I miss dayquil.

Post # 184
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

oh yeah.  I just remembered: I made a promise, right after my CP, that if I ever made it to 6 weeks I’d send 25 OPKs to someone as a way to pay it forward.  I don’t really remember why I made that promise.. maybe trying to tempt the universe or some such.. but I’m superstitious enough I’d like to follow through.

So.. anyone (preferably someone in the US to keep postage reasonable) want 25 OPKs?  I think I actually have 50+ so I could send two bees an envelope each… They’re [email protected] brand because that’s what I found worked well for me.

Post # 185
436 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
joybird16 :  I usually shoot for 12dpo, but I feel OK with 10dpo or later, because 10dpo is a reasonable date for a BFP. I think anything before that is setting myself up for disappointment (although I don’t have great self-control, and I’ve definitely POASd as early as 8dpo)

Post # 186
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
mainely :  I don’t know when I ovulated. I was trying for the chill that throughthelookingglass87 : was talking about and decided I’ll be super relaxed this month and not do any OPKs in order to not obsess. Well that backfired and kinda made things worse. I thought implantation bleeding was a bit rare but I can hope! Also can I just say that I would be so mad if my doctor said that to my husband! Grrr for you! 

Post # 187
1117 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
amanda1988 :  I’d take a package of OPK’s! I’m starting to run low on OPK’s but still have plenty of HPT cheapies, because my LP never lasts long enough to bother using them. Boo. I’d totally Venmo you the postage ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 188
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
sleepymelis :  please don’t worry about it, i need to appease whatever gods/forces I apparently believe in.  I’ll message you for your addy <3

Post # 189
2461 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Mrs.MackenzieS :  wish I could still be in the no chill stage and excited to pee on everything with you. Now I’m seriously just waiting for AF because there is no way I’m pregnant at 18DPO/CD42…..although I haven’t tested since I believe 14DPO. But it was stark white so I’m guessing it didn’t happen this month. With the way this month went, I won’t be peeing on anything until May. And with the grace of whatever god/spirit is up there, it will hopefully be fricken positive! ๐Ÿ˜• 

View original reply
joybird16 :  lol I started peeing on things at 7DPO. Sooo obviously had no chill at all.  If it weren’t for my weekend to work, I would have POAS at like 5DPO. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Post # 190
2461 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh I’m also starting vitamin B8 this month too. Somethings gotta give, right? 

Post # 191
730 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

Ok question: AF has still not arrived. 3 days late compared to what usually happens, but only 15 dpo. I have the squintiest of squinters. It showed up within three minutes, but is only visible from some angles. It’s not line eye. I would be much less confused if it was.

What is going on? With my son, I had a clearly visible squinter at 10dpo so I’m not getting a positive feeling from this situation. 

Post # 192
29 posts
Newbee

Ahh so I couldn’t resist and took a cheapie test yesterday (Friday) and I swear I see the lightest of lines. Not exactly positive when I ovulated but AF isn’t due until tues/wed but I definitely feel like I see something on these tests (maybe I’m just crazy). Pictures were taken within three minutes. I wish I had more self control lol

Post # 193
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
clover1256 :  i definitely see something!  Grab a FRER!

Post # 194
142 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
ladycomfypants :  
View original reply
NicoleLyn1218 :  I think the longest I’ll realistically make it is 10DPO – Thursday the 5th. Best case scenario I wait until the 8th (as planned) because my husband leaves town that evening! My LP’s have been 11, 16 (my CP month), 11, 13 and 12 the months I’ve charted so…who knows.

Post # 195
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
amanda1988 :  Yeah, I’ve never said if I was pregnant I wouldn’t complain because I know myself better than that! I don’t like to be uncomfortable so as badly as I want to be pregnant, I’m pretty sure I’ll hate it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Also, what a kind gesture to offer OPKs to pay it forward! 

View original reply
clover1256 :  I see something too! Get a FRER and report back!

View original reply
throughthelookingglass87 :  What kind of test did you use? I’ve never had any kind of positive, but I’ve seen some of those really faint lines later on be CPs and some be perfectly normal. Others can probably speak to it better. FX it’s just a late positive and everything is fine!

View original reply
NicoleLyn1218 :  Huh, that’s super weird. Remind me, do you chart? Aren’t your wake up ones inconsistent and it makes charting difficult? I wonder if maybe you didn’t O when you thought? Because according to TCOYF 18 days of elevated temps means either pregnancy or a corpus luteum cyst (I think that’s the name of it). Id definitely call you doctor if you don’t start or get a positive in the next few days.

View original reply
mrsstephjbee :  Haha, I was so mad for sure! Things are good with hubby again but he still adamantly believes his doctor and I still adamnetly don’t. We just aren’t talking about that particular point, lol! Implantation bleeding is somewhat rare, but not impossible. Did anything ever come of it? Unfortunately not much to be done but hang around and wait a few more days until you can test.

The topic ‘APRIL 2018 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors