APRIL 2018 POAS

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 16
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2017

peaceandlove :  oh you never know, your not out of March just yet! Wishing you lots of luck and looking forward to keeping up with your updates. Yes, I’m in a similar situation, I’ve been on bc for 12 years, so it’s a weird experience going from doing everything not to become pregnant to trying anything and everything to help get pregnant. I came of bc just after Christmas and think my body is still adapting, so not totally in zinc with cycle length and ovulation dates etc. but hopefully my app and opks will help this month. Excited to have another kinda newbie and already really appreciating all the kind words and advice on these threads! 

Post # 18
1601 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Wasn’t originally planning on trying this month, as I’m not thrilled with the idea of a December baby, but we decided that any baby is better than no baby haha. 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/28

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD5

Ovulation Date: ~ March 28

POAS Date: ~ April 8

Usual Cycle Length: ~31 days

Cycles Trying: #7 total, #6 since MC

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, Vitex, BD EOD, OPKs, temping

Trying anything new this month? Thinking of throwing RRL in there since I have some in my cupboard

Link to your chart if charting: fertilityfriend.com/home/ceamoste

For Fun:  Are you looking foward to Spring? Anything fun planned? Nothing fun planned, but SO ready for the warmer weather. 

Post # 19
1601 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

So I haven’t been super active on the past few months because I decided to ‘take it easy’ since everyone says that’ll get you knocked up … obviously didn’t work 😂 AF this month was the easiest I’ve had ever, pretty much pain free, so at least the acupuncture I’ve done the past few months haven’t been a complete fail. 

Post # 20
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

kiwihig :  Yes, agreed! The apps and opks are super helpful, as are all the bees who have more experience with temping and things. 🙂 

ceamoste :  Oh my goodness, I hope AF for me is as easy as yours was. Prior to BC, it was so painful and I’d often get sent home from school by my teachers because I’d get white as a sheet and have chills/hot flashes, in addition to horrendous cramps. Then the only thing that would take away the cramps was hot water bottle, ibuprofen AND a nap all at the same time. I’m crossing my fingers that it was that bad just from puberty and not anything else. Got put on BC to help with all of that… and have been on it ever since! So, we’ll see what my first period off BC is like. Eeep.

Post # 22
1868 posts
Buzzing bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 25/34

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date: thinking 3/29

POAS Date: 4/11

Usual Cycle Length: 32

Cycles Trying: got a BFP our 4th cycle, had a MC, this is my 6th cycle post MC (5th cycle trying) 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): prenatals, opk, SMEP. maybe temping…i’ve done it before and hated it but maybe it’s time to bring it back into rotation.

Trying anything new this month? nope. but i think if this cycle is a BFN, I am going to ask for an RE appointment. 

Link to your chart if charting: 

For Fun:  Are you looking foward to Spring? Anything fun planned? I love gardening so I am looking forward to that! Plus warm weather! Summer and Fall are my fav seasons of the year and Jan-March is my least favorite, so I am glad the better weather is coming! 

IDK what my plan is for this month, really. I had a ‘f this’ attitude when I got my BFN last week and thought I might just NTNP. But, I also feel like getting a BFP is what I want so ‘giving up’ isn’t really going to get me anywhere. I wouldn’t have preferred a December baby, but at this point I really don’t care anymore. I don’t think it’s worth taking a cycle off just to avoid the month of December.

Post # 23
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/29

Baby #: 2!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: Cycle Day 2

Ovulation Date: around 3/29

POAS Date: 4/12

Usual Cycle Length: 1st cycle since pregnancy and 11 months of nursing, previous cycles were 31 days.

Cycles Trying: 1st 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals

Trying anything new this month? Nothing new, first cycle back since last pregnancy. We are actively trying, but not ready to start temping or using ovulation strips yet. Will use Ovia fertility/period tracker to start. 

For Fun:  Are you looking foward to Spring? Anything fun planned?  We have just moved to a new place across the country, so we are excited for warmer weather to explore our new home state!

Post # 24
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

latebloomerbee78 :  Thanks! Glad to hear it’s gotten better with age. I have hope! Once I figure out my post-BC cycle I will definitely be pre-medicating the day or two before. Right now I have no clue when it might come, so I already have some in my purse in case I feel a cramp coming on!

Post # 25
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

ceamoste :  Me too! Because of the way my cycle falls, if I got pregnant on this next cycle my due date would be right on Christmas +/- a couple of days. My mom is a Christmas baby and always hates how everyone glosses over her birthday and she doesn’t get to really celebrate because everyone is in holiday mode. But, like you, Darling Husband convinced me that a Christmas baby is better than no baby. Besides, I’m sure my mom’s life as a Christmas baby would be 100% worth it if she got her first grandchild on her birthday!

Post # 26
731 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Hey ladies! AF decided to pay an unwelcome visit so I’m rolling over to April. I’ve decided a Christmas baby would be an absolute blessing. Thinking positive ladies!

Your age/partner’s age:  38/38

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD1

Ovulation Date: April 1 (April Fools? Seriously?)

POAS Date: April 12

Usual Cycle Length: 27 days

Cycles Trying: 12

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Temping, OPK’s, BD EOD, prenatals, coq-10, RRL, baby aspirin, myo-inositol

Trying anything new this month? I think I’ll try Preseed again, will give EPO another go, possibly maca or vitex. I haven’t decided yet.

For Fun:  Are you looking foward to Spring? Anything fun planned? Yes! F this cold nonsense! I’m ready for some warmth. Speaking of warmth, Darling Husband and I have a trip to French Polynesia planned in 3 weeks. So the silver lining is I can drink fruity cocktails and won’t have to worry about 1st trimester nausea on a 14 hour flight…?

Post # 27
418 posts
Helper bee

sleepymelis :  French Polynesia, how awesome! Which islands are you visiting? That’s definitely on my bucket list. I totally would have gone there for our honeymoon if we’d had the budget (we went to Hawaii, which was also lovely, so I can’t complain!)

Post # 28
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

Hey guys didn’t post in the march board I believe I had a chemical as I saw faint lines period was late by a week than finally got it for sure!!! Sooooo here’s to hoping this month 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/30

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  cd 15

Ovulation Date:  probably march 22

POAS Date:  April 5

Usual Cycle Length: 30-32

Cycles Trying:  4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  OPK prenatals 

Trying anything new this month? No lol just praying it’s our month 

For Fun:  Are you looking foward to Spring? Anything fun planned? My husband is going to myrtle for a gold trip hahahah so relaxing a bit whiles he’s away 

Post # 30
1201 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’m still waiting for the February/March cycle to end, but when it does, I’ll have a better idea of when my POAS date is. Just wanted to go ahead and roll over from March.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/34

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD33 (and still no ovulation)

Ovulation Date: Was estimated April 8th assuming my current cycle is 35 days long (seems unlikely now, though)

POAS Date: Tentatively April 22

Usual Cycle Length: Last cycle was 35 days and was my first full cyle post-Nuvaring.

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, OPKs, charting (temping BBT in the AM and Ava at night), recording CM, EPO, magnesium, calcium, fish oil, Vitamin C (grapefruit juice), green tea, mayyyybe RRL (considering cutting it out based on how long my cycle is this month), BD EOD in FW  

Trying anything new this month? Ava bracelet

Link to your chart if charting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6d7ff7/

For Fun:  Are you looking foward to Spring? Anything fun planned? Spring Break is the first week of April and I look forward to doing a whole lot of nothing 🙂

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors