APRIL 2018 POAS

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 31
1484 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
mainely :  I think I’m going to stop RRL too. My last cycle was 35 days with an ovulation at either CD22 or CD24. I drank a ton of it this cycle and now I’m CD33 with no ovulation. Its the only thing I started doing differently, so I’m thinking that might be it (or at least a contributing factor).

Post # 32
1119 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
ladycomfypants :  we’re flying into Tahiti but spending the week in Bora Bora. DH wanted to go there for our honeymoon but I talked him out of it… and he still wants to go, so we decided to just do it. I’m excited to have a vacation that’s just relaxing, and not much else ๐Ÿ˜‰

View original reply
latebloomerbee78 :  yup! My POAS date is towards the end of the trip. So best case scenario, I get a BFP in paradise. Worst case scenario, I get my period, but f*ck it, I’m in paradise ๐Ÿ˜‰

View original reply
italianbride0508 :  sorry you’re getting discouraged, bee. I can definitely relate. I highly suggest talking with an RE – if nothing else it makes me feel like I’m DOING something and not just sitting around moping.

Post # 33
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2018

Your age/partner’s age: early twenties

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: unknown, I just got off the implant.

Ovulation Date: unknown.

POAS Date: April 2

Usual Cycle Length: haven’t had a noticeable one since August 2017

Cycles Trying: the first!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): prenatals

Trying anything new this month? Nope

Link to your chart if charting: nope

For Fun:  Are you looking foward to Spring? Anything fun planned? Yea! Our five year dating anniversary!

Post # 34
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Officially rolling over to April. 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/37

Baby #: #1 me/ #3 him

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: ~4/29 of so

POAS Date: Probaby 4/12 if I ovulate within my normal window; It might be a little early, but I leave town on 4/13 for about a week so I will want to test while I’m home with DH

Usual Cycle Length: 28-29 days

Cycles Trying: 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Charting, prenatals, Digital OPKs; dropping the RRL this month, I don’t think it’s doing anything

Trying anything new this month? Adding in the OPKs to try to narrow down the window so DH doesn’t feel pressured for quite so long. Using the Clearblue digital because trying to read the paper ones would stress me out too much and I don’t want more stress.

Link to your chart if charting: Don’t have a link

For Fun:  Are you looking foward to Spring? Anything fun planned? I was invited to speak at a national conference that is highly respected in my field and I am doing that in April, so I am very excited and also SUPER nervous on that. I am focusing on that this month instead of the up and down of TTC!

Post # 35
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
sleepymelis :  That is a great vacation! I’m super jealous!!! Just enjoy the heck out of that!!

Post # 36
467 posts
Helper bee

Deleted, wrong thread! 

Post # 37
141 posts
Blushing bee

Your age/partner’s age: 35/35

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD6

Ovulation Date: Maybe somewhere between CD16 and CD 19 (March 25th – 28th.)

POAS Date: TBD

Usual Cycle Length: If I remove the outlier cycles then my average is 30. Last month was a return to normalcy after 4 lengthier cycles and I am hoping this trend continues! After 35, 45, 47 and 41 day cycles – I started RRL and O’d on CD18 with a 30 day cycle.

Cycles Trying: trying. 3 NTNP. CP last June in our 4th consecutive cycle trying.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Charting, Mucinex, RRL, more BD.

Trying anything new this month? It’s not new to me but I’m going to return to acupuncture for the first time since the fall.

Post # 38
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Roll Call

Your age/your partner’s age 33/34

Baby# Our 2nd, my 4th

Current cycle day: 1

Ovulation Date: around March 29th

POAS Date: around April 12th

Usual Cycle Length: right about 30 days, but last month 35

Cycles Trying: This is only the second, but we know there’s a problem.

BFP Plan: I’m on progestrone to induce ovulation, OPKs, charting with Ovia

Trying anything new this month: More baby dancing, last month we baby danced on the day I got a positive opk and the next two days and apparently that wasn’t good enough. I wish I could temp, but my schedule is so varied that it won’t work.

For Fun: Definitely looking forward to spring. I’m hosting Easter this year, so that will be a good distraction. On the good news side, I was trying to figure out how to explain not drinking wine on Easter and now I don’t have to.

I lurk a lot, but haven’t had the courage to post. After AF started today, I really needed anonymous people to talk to. There’s a good chance I was in tears today over potentially ruining Christmas by being in the hospital, but I’m also afraid to go over into 2019 and have to pay two insurance deductibles.

Post # 39
141 posts
Blushing bee

For what it’s worth, ladies – I’m a December baby (and so is my sister) and we have zero complaints. Our family did an excellent job keeping our birthdays and Christmas separate. No Merry Birthday or Happy Christmas gifts! I may have occassionally missed out on a school class celebration because of the holiday but, honestly, I can’t remember so it obviously wasn’t too shattering to my psyche. The house was decorated and cozy and full of love, anticipation and excitement and, to this day, the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas remain my favorite weeks of the year. Christmas babies for everyone! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 40
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

our age/partner’s age: 38/30

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD12

Ovulation Date: App says March 18th, we’ll see

POAS Date: Maybe April 1st, would be a funny day to get a positive! But we’ll see.

Usual Cycle Length: All over the place 22 days, 54 days….struggling with this

Cycles Trying: 6th month, only had AF 3 times during that time period though

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Charting, SMEP, Digital OPK, prenatals. Waiting list for OB/GYN (need a referral in my country)

Trying anything new this month? OPK for the first time, waited for AF to have an idea of where I might be at.

For Fun: Heading to New Orleans in April for work, hoping to get the “Yes +” on the OPK before then

Post # 41
1365 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
joybird16 :  I’m going to agree! I’m a December 27th baby and my birthday is so fun! Also I’m a teacher so I’m off for my birthday every year lol

Post # 42
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
joybird16 :  Aww thanks for sharing! My POAS date is in March but if I do get a BFP my baby would be born in December. I actually asked my 88 year old Grandmom (who is a Dec 22nd baby) how it has been celebrating her birthday so close to Christmas as this has always been my fear (having a holiday baby, I am a summer baby and have always loved it). She said in the end none of it matters, that eased my heart some smile

Post # 44
1119 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
latebloomerbee78 :  hey there! FYI, April 1 is my O date, my POAS date is April 12. Although April 1 would be a fun POAS date ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors