April 2019 babies!

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 211
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Hi everyone. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage on Thursday, just shy of ten weeks. The week prior (8/20)  I had my first ultrasound and after I started spotting. I was worried so I called my doctor and they had me come back to check what was going on and I was diagnosed with a subchorionic clot and was told it would bleed until the clot passed.

The bleeding got worse, along with intense cramping. I thought it was the clot passing, but I called my doctor to make sure and they called me in for another scan, only to find out I had miscarried. I think I’m still in shock. I was so prepared for that news when I first started spotted and then was totally blindsided.

If I can give one piece of advice it’s to listen to your body and if you feel like something isn’t right call your doctor; and stay off the internet. I googled and googled and convinced myself I was fine. No one knows you or your body like you and everyone is different.

I hope you all have healthy pregnancies and I hope to back on one of these boards soon x

Post # 213
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - Edson Keith Mansion

I went in for my 8-week scan this afternoon and unfortunately, the gestational sac was empty. I haven’t had any cramping or spotting and I’ve been having all the symptoms of pregnancy, so I was absolutely not expecting it. They’re running some blood tests to confirm but it my doctor said it looks like a missed miscarriage. 

I’m trying to come to terms with the fact that I am no longer pregnant and won’t be having a baby in April after all. I’m so sad but since we got pregnant our first month trying this time, I’m hopeful that after this process is over we will have good luck soon. 

Sending best wishes for everyone else to have boring pregnancies and healthy babies <3

Post # 215
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969 - City, State

View original reply
pivot :  Hi bee, I am so sorry about your loss. I too hope you are getting better and hope to see you back soon! Please take care! 

Post # 216
482 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
noleita :  Hope to see you back soon! Take good care bee! 

Post # 217
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
pivot :  So sorry about your loss. Hope you are recovering well.

Post # 218
467 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
noleita :  So sorry to hear this – must’ve been a huge shock. Take care of yourself!

Post # 219
467 posts
Helper bee

9 wks 5 days today, and I had to take a sick day from work due to nausea…and I thought MS was going away! I woke up at 3 am from feeling dizzy/nauseous and been up since. 🙁 Still haven’t vomited yet, but getting close to – and food aversion is becoming worse as well. Is anyone else feeling this sudden change in state? I had a pretty bad MS from week 5 – 7, but then felt ok (nauseous but not too bad) for like a week or two – and then things just went downhill super quickly when I hit week 9.

I told my boss that I’m pregnant on Friday, because I just couldn’t imagine making it to an overnight retreat that I was scheduled to go to next week…and now I feel bad that I might be taking frequent sick days from feeling nauseous. 🙁 Sigh. Will things get better? I keep thinking about whether I’ll be able to continue working through my pregnancy (and after)…wish I could work from home, but boss doesn’t support working remotely. Sorry about venting, but I’ve been getting teary and annoyed by everything and anything lately. D:

Post # 220
131 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Redholix :  Argh yep morning sickness is so nasty. I’m 10w3d and it’s still happening EVERY morning… and if I haven’t eaten for a few hours I get the queasy feeling. Last night I also woke up in the middle of the night and heaved a few times. Fingers crossed that things start looking up by the end of the 1st trimester for us both! Also, you’re entitled to your sick leave, so don’t feel bad about taking it.

Also…you guys, is anyone here thinking about getting maternity clothes yet? I don’t think I need them but my regular jeans are feeling uncomfortable… eep

Post # 221
482 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Redholix :  Have you tried eating smaller meals over the day? Something bland like croissant, mash potato/pumpkin, pumpkin/asparagus soup, congee,crackers etc might help if you are aversed to spicy/savoury food. I try to take 3 square meals a day, but now I find it easier to consume smaller quantities. I’ve also felt both ravenous and queasy at the same time! Things will get better when the hormones level off! 

ETA: I find grapefruits help with my queasiness. I have them with some organic red apples (to balance the taste since apples are more neutral) in the morning. 

Post # 223
467 posts
Helper bee

CapellaDeeBee : I think my nausea is the worst around mid-morning and lunch time, and infintely gets worse on days I don’t sleep through the night. Seriously looking forward to feeling better and entering 2nd trimester! I know I’m entitled to sick days, but I’m just over three months into my new job – so I’m feeling rather self-conscious and cautious. 🙁 On a brighter note, I’m actually planning on going to a maternity clothes store this weekend (granted I feel well enough to do so)! My regular work pants still fit, but are becoming uncomfortable around my lower belly and my pants are all low-rise. I’ve been wearing them with button undone and sometimes unzipped (thank god for long shirts lol), but I’ve decided it’s time to buy something more comfortable.

kissthesunkisstherain : I’ve tried snacking every hour or two, but quickly noticed that I need like almost a meal, not snacks, to alleviate my nausea. And like you said, I often feel hungry and nauseous at the same time – so I started to delay eating as long as I could and eat when I just can’t take it anymore. It’s ok when I’m home, because there are random things I could snack on easily. Just difficult at work, since sometimes I just cannot eat things I brought with me to work. I mean, they sounded good when I packed them…(sad). Strangely, spicy food has been helping for me. Lately, I’m hooked on Chick fil a spicy deluxe chicken sandwich. Mmm. I’ve been limiting myself to one or two a week though, since it’s clearly not the healthiest thing to eat…(sad again).

shanmia : I keep taking my seabands off hoping MS has gone away, and regret it quickly and put them back on. Haha. I think one of the most difficult part (aside from finding food that I don’t find disgusting) is finding food that I can stick with for more than few days. Currently I found toast + peanut butter helps a bit, but who knows for how long I will want that combination… At first I was super into grilled cheese + cheese pizza, and now I don’t even want to think about them. Crazy.

Post # 224
482 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Redholix :  IKWYM, like all day I think I want X for dinner, then come dinner I want Y. Usually the advice would be everything in moderation, but I say if you are craving it then go to town on that spicy chicken sandwich (protein is important after all) lol and balance everything out with super healthy food for the rest of the day. I find that one week I can eat X at least 3 times a week, then the next week the thought of X puts me off very badly. Maybe you will find yourself repulsed by that chicken sandwich soon. Pregnancy is weird haha! 

ETA: Seriously I was so hard on myself for giving in to one unhealthy craving, my husband offered me his “words of wisdom”: a happy body is a healthy body. Hence, once in a while I give in to my guilty pleasure, but really majority of the time, I borderline on being obsessively healthy.

Post # 225
482 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
shanmia :  That sounds pretty good right now! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors