Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

How far along are you? 3 weeks 2 days

Estimated due date? April 20,2019

What # baby is this for you? 1

How many cycles trying? 4-5

When did you get your BFP? Today! 12 dpo

Who have you told? My DH 

When do you plan to tell other people? Not completely sure, likely around 12 weeks

How did you tell your partner? Just kinda walked out the bathroom and had a big smile and nodded. Then asked if he wanted to see!

Any symptoms? Lack of pms symptoms and my stomach was very firm yesterday and some things tastes metallic.

What are you most excited about? Everything! Stress is finally gone!

When is your first appointment?   TBD 

Are you planning to find out the gender?yes!

Post # 78
29 posts
Newbee

shanmia :  Yay, thank you! We’re so excited! Congratulations to you as well! 

Post # 79
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

shanmia : The surprise went well! πŸ™‚ We basically got a card that something like “We heard you’ve got something to celebrate” and taped a pregnancy test strip inside – and then went over to my parents’ house as if we are just dropping by for lunch, and then gave them the card afterwards. Mom at first was like “what is this?” (she’s never seen a HPT before apparently), and when I told her it’s a pregnancy test strip, she shouted “are you pregnant?!” and started crying. Dad was totally caught offguard but was super excited too. πŸ™‚ Too bad my younger sister wasn’t around because of her weekend trip and had to hear via texts. 

Other than that, I suddenly became nauseous while eating my breakfast sandwich at work, especially when I got to the veggie patty portion. Now I constantly feel like there’s something caught in my throat and I want to go “blargh” (but not quite throw up). Anyone else feeling the same? I’m at 4 wks 5 days today.

Post # 80
1534 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Redholix :  Yup… that was how I felt in early pregnancy previously.  So nauseous, though I didn’t actually ever throw up.  I’ve felt some twinges of it so far (and yesterday morning for awhile was bad) but it hasn’t fully hit yet (4+4 here).  Things I’ve found helpful… all are somewhat helpful, none are magical:

– ginger ale (put in a cup if at work, otherwise may be a tip off)

– preggie pop drops (Target carries them, or places like Motherhood Maternity)

– other hard candy

– ginger tea

– eating often… esp carbs and protein, like cheese and crackers or english muffins and pb

– english muffins and pb were the only thing I could stomach for breakfast, for what felt like forever

– just avoid anything that sounds unappealing… it will make it worse to force it.

Also, super fun way to share with your parents!

Post # 83
2630 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Hi ladies!  I’m not sure how I missed this before!  I’ll join in:

How far along are you? 5 weeks today.

Estimated due date? April 8,2019

How many cycles trying? 2

When did you get your BFP? Last Sunday (at 10 dpo)

Who have you told? My Husband

When do you plan to tell other people? I don’t know yet.  Closer to 12 weeks.

How did you tell your partner? His birthday was on Friday.  So I gave him a gift bag on Wednesday saying it was an early birthday present.  In it, I had a baby board book and a Dad’s guide to pregnancy type book.

Any symptoms? So so tired…. all the time…..  Also waves of nauseous, but nothing too bad yet..

What are you most excited about? Everything, but also very worried that something will go wrong.  I had a chemical pregnancy last month.

When is your first appointment?   August 20th.

Are you planning to find out the gender? Yep!

Post # 84
183 posts
Blushing bee

How far along are you? 3.5-4 weeks 

Estimated due date? April 20ishh?

What # baby is this for you? 2

How many cycles trying? My period never returned after my first baby, so we were really just NTNP

When did you get your BFP? had a squinter yesterday and a full BFP this morning

Who have you told? My husband and the unreal nutritionist who put me on a fertility boosting diet 

When do you plan to tell other people? When I start to barf uncontrollably, or 12 weeks 

How did you tell your partner? I told him in Ikea yesterday that we would need to start converting the guest room into our daughters big girl room to make space for a new baby. 

Any symptoms? Cramps, heart burn 

What are you most excited about? Seeing my daughter become a big sister, having our family completed 

When is your first appointment?  Friday for blood work 

Are you planning to find out the gender? Yup

Include a photo of your BFP if you would like.

Post # 87
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Not sure if I can play since I’m not due until May (according to my baby app) But I wanted to share my BFP with everyone…I just found out yesterday and am still in such shock!! 

Post # 88
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Do a lot of you here are just a few weeks along but have an April due date…my last period was end of June / first week of July and I got my BFP yesterday…that would put me at 5 ish weeks? Why does the baby app say my due date is after April? 

Post # 90
1299 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

How far along are you? Not sure, 3-ish weeks maybe? Had my IUD out July 3 and clearly got pregnant soon after but wasn’t tracking so have no clue when I O’d

Estimated due date? Mid-April I assume

How many cycles trying? Negative 2? Had intended to start in September 

When did you get your BFP? This morning!

Who have you told? My DH 

When do you plan to tell other people? I have a fmily trip in 2 weeks during which it will be obvious to all since I don’t be drinking coffee or alcohol so I guess they’ll find out then! I’ll share with a couple of my closest friends when I get back from the family trip.

How did you tell your partner? He’s traveling so had to do it over the phone. He HATES life surprises so I primed him last night that I was taking the test as I felt pregnant and so he was excited by the time I told him of the posiitve result this morning πŸ™‚

Any symptoms? Constant thirst, random very light nauseau, fatique and brain fuzziness

What are you most excited about? Everything! It’s earlier than we expected but I’m super excited for the entire experience!

When is your first appointment?   TBD 

Are you planning to find out the gender? Nope, but need to discuss with Darling Husband as I don’t feel super strongly about it.

It’s all happened really fast. We weren’t planning to start until Sept/Oct but since we’re both traveling alot for work in the interim we figured we’d just NTNP after the IUD was taken out. Statistically the chance of it ‘catching’ seemed so low as we’re only actually physically together for 3 weeks between July 3 and end of Sept. But I guess that was enough. I’m puzzled as to when I would have conceived though as I had IUD out July 3rd then bled until ~July 9/10th. I can’t remember if we BD’s night of the IUD removal or not (bleeding started late the day after). 

Symptoms started July 23rd week so I assume it was sometime shortly before then that we conceived but I can’t remember when Darling Husband and I were both home and BD’ed to make a more accurate calculation. 

I forgot my phone at home so can’t post a pick now of my test but it was VERY pink and popped up very quickly. While still peeing on the stick I could already see the positive line appearing so maybe I’m further along than I thought?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors