April 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ mon. TTC + Other Issues)

posted 9 months ago in TTC
Post # 226
1308 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

If I O in the next 7 days I can still have an April POAS date. Starting OPKs today. FX

Post # 227
1680 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

NicLE1218 :  I’ll stick with the 19th. That’s 14 dpo and I’ve never gotten to 14dpo on a natural cycle. I’ve also never oed before cd17 on a natural cycle so 🤷‍♀️

Post # 230
342 posts
Helper bee

Actually that makes sense! Thanks for the reassurance <3

anev :  

NicLE1218 :  the 20th is still good for me! That will be 14 days after O. Thanks for the reassurance – it seems like it’s stopped now so FX FX FX! Im going to take a dose of prometrium tonight too. 

Post # 231
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

My doctor’s office called. My progesterone results from 7dpo was 40.7! I was pretty excited! I tested a little early though and got a bfn Monday and Tuesday, so that’s discouraging.

Post # 232
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

heartandstars :  yeah my temps weren’t always showing ovulation and I think it’s because of the varied wake times. I’m hoping Ava will give me some clarity. It’s really expensive here in the U.K. as well, which put me off for a long time, but I won’t be getting ivf for months so it’s worth having something new to try while I wait.

sorry to hear about your bleeding 🙁 maybe just ovulation bleeding?

EllyAnne :  sounds like good timing, fingers crossed for you.

anev :  I’ll let you know once I have it, it’s out for shipping!

NicLE1218 :  thanks! I’m feeling more positive now, I’m in that nice spot after AF ends and before FW begins where my hormones don’t play havoc with me and my mood is usually good, plus the sun is out here for the first time in ages! 

Post # 233
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Hi ladies!  I’ve hung around the infertility TTC boards for a while now, but didn’t bother to roll call for April.  I think it was just becoming a little much and I needed to step back. 

But it seems I keep coming back here…Monday was 12DPO and I started getting some brown spotting.  I often start spotting around this same timeframe and AF arrives around 15DPO, but it usually starts pink and gradually gets heavier until I can call it AF.  The spotting is rarely brown and this is not really ‘flow’. It’s almost flakey when I wipe. Very odd…

Anyway, this has continued since Monday and still hasn’t  gotten heavier or flowy. In fact, if anything, it has gotten less.  I’m confused as to what my body is doing cause I’ve seen a lot of strange pre-AF things, but this is new. 

I don’t have any pregnancy tests in the house, but I did have a pack of digital OPKs, so figured I would take one just for the heck of it. 

It’s positive!  Holy cow!  I’ll be going out at lunch to be getting an actual pregnancy test, but for now I’m freaking out!

Post # 234
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

For me the worst part of my cycle is always 6-9dpo. For both of my MCs I had strong implantation cramps so whenever I don’t feel those by 9dpo I get extremely depressed and hopeless. I also spend these days on edge waiting to feel cramps and over analyzing every little feeling. By the time 10-14dpo rolls around I’m just ready for AF and to move onto the next cycle. 8dpo today feeling nothing. I hate this so much!  

Post # 235
342 posts
Helper bee

smiles4jo :  Go get a real test!!! Stat! Thats so exciting!

sophie89 :  Every pregnancy is different though. Don’t count yourself out too soon. 

lucky_charm :  Hopefully Ava helps! Let me know how you like it and if you recommend it. I’m in the same boat, so I’m thinking I may splurge on it. 

angel_baby_12_9 :  FX! 

Post # 236
762 posts
Busy bee

Hey bees! I’ve been MIA for a bit for my own sanity (needed to stop obsessing over infertility stuff and dh suggested taking a break from the chat forums), but checking back in and WHOA so much has happened with you guys!! Wishing everyone good vibes on their individual journeys!

Just chiming in about the Ava bracelet. I purchased one last year (used from ebay) and have enjoyed using it and getting all the data points it provides. I don’t have PCOS and have pretty regular cycles so the tracker has been dead on accurate for me. It’s so much easier than oral temping though I hear it’s not quite as precise. The app itself is not as detailed as Fertility Friend but supposedly there is a way to sync the two though I haven’t figured out how to do that. The band is ok. I find that I sweat a lot under the band which can be uncomfortable on hotter days. Definitely worth purchasing if you get a discount code or buy one used like I did. The retail price is a bit ridiculous when added with all the other infertility costs. I think it’s fine price-wise for non-infertility folks for whom the Ava is their biggest fertility splurge.  

AFM, finally had my appointment with the new RE and WOW what a difference. Someone who actually cares 🙂 Dh has an appointment with a urologist tomorrow for the first time, so will see how that goes. The new RE was so kind to Dh and told him that he has more than enough sperm for IVF, so Dh is feeling more positive about things, which is good. 

Post # 237
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Well, as promised, I went out at lunch and got a real pregnancy test. 

BFN 🙁

So, now I’m back to being confused.  I got a positive on a digital OPK on CD13. Assuming I Oed the next day, that puts today at 15DPO.  Since Sunday/Monday, I’ve been having weird brown spotting when wiping.

I think I’m going to have to rethink the OPKs cause they’re just throwing me off.  And for now, I guess I’m just in limbo waiting for either AF to show or something else to happen.  I’ll test again in a few days.   

On another note, has anyone seriously considered a private adoption?  Hubby and I have been trying off and on for 5 years and I’ve never gotten a BFP. Neither of us are getting any younger (I’m 38, he’s 45).  And just yesterday, my aunt (who is like a second mother to me) told me about a pregnant teen mom she knows of who is looking for a family to adopt her baby.  She was asking whether hubby and I were maybe interested as she knows we’ve been struggling.  Hubby and I have tossed around the idea of adoption, but it’s never been too serious. Hubby and I had a long talk last night about whether this is something that we want to pursue.  Obviously, this is not a quick decision, so we’ve agreed to think and pray on it for a little while, but if anyone has been down this road, would love to hear about it.

Post # 238
935 posts
Busy bee

smiles4jo :  You can have more than one LH surge in a cycle and you don’t always ovulate with each LH surge… so that may have been what happened.

I’ve been looking a lot into adoption. There is a ton involved. If you plan on doing this, you need to get started almost immediately. A home study alone can take several months, in addition to all the other paperwork and financials you need to get in order. I think adoption is a beautiful thing if both you and your Darling Husband are onboard for it.

Post # 239
1680 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

smiles4jo :  that sucks. We haven’t considered adoption yet, and with how long everything takes I’m not sure we would. I’m sorry I can’t reme your situation, have you seen an RE?

sophie89 :  I’m a few days behind you, I starts getting hopeless when I see spotting 😬. FX for you!

goldenbrown :  that’s so great you had such a good appt! What direction are you guys going in now?

Post # 240
1977 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

smiles4jo :  I’m sorry for the BFN. I remember seeing you on the boards and I get that you need to be in the right headspace to want to roll call. Have you had any tests done? I know you you were NTNP for a long time but as you have been actively trying for some months now it might be a good idea to see if there are any problems that can be remedied.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors