April 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ mon. TTC + Other Issues)

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 16
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

cbn8787 :  he wants to check fsh, lh, estradiol, and amh on day 3. Plus fasting blood glucose, tsh, fasting prolactin, hemoglobin a1c, testosterone, and 17 hydroxyprogesterone. I wouldn’t be opposed to talking to a different re, but we had to wait a month and a half to get this appointment. So we’re either going to wait for an appointment or we’re going to wait for testing. I don’t understand why, if the average time to get pregnant is 6 months with normally functioning ovulation, shouldn’t it take an average of 6 months to get pregnant with medicine that enforcing you to ovulate? No one would dream of telling a couple just starting to try if they’re not pregnant after 3 months that their chances are very low. 

Post # 17
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

angel_baby_12_9 :  I know, I don’t understand a lot of it either. My RE was *so* sure we’d get pregnant right away (we saw him after 9 months of trying, had one early MC at 6 months). Well, guess what – it’s now been a full year since the MC and we’re still not pregnant and he’s still just wanting to do IUI, which is a big reason why I’m changing REs.

Post # 18
182 posts
Blushing bee

cbn8787 :  he said he thought our chances with ivf were 40 or 50%, but we very much don’t want to do ivf.

Post # 19
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

angel_baby_12_9 :  looking at what your RE wants to run is a really standard panel of tests. If something is wrong (ie high prolactin, hypothyroid, pre diabetes, etc) you need to fix the underlying cause in order to have a successful ovulation and chance at pregnancy, forcing o with meds might not help if there’s an underlying cause! I’d get the testing done, hopefully it will rule out some issues!! I totally hear you that it sucks to wait for test results (I’m on cycle 21, never had a BFP and I’ve had all those tests already run and going to do them all again next month to make sure nothing has changed).  Good luck!

Post # 20
182 posts
Blushing bee

anev :  Thank you for the insight. I guess I’m mostly just frustrated that he won’t monitor this cycle first since I’m already on the Clomid. Now we have to wait this cycle and the next one before we can do anything. We’ve decided to throw everything into getting pregnant this month. If that doesn’t work, we’ll have a couple days to decide if we’re going to continue or quit.

Post # 21
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

angel_baby_12_9 :  I haven’t had a monitored cycle yet either :(. It’s a huge huge huge wait to get in, which is beyond infuriating. I saw my obgyn today after my 6th medicated and unmonitored cycle. The waiting is awful :(. But sometimes you also need to take a break for your mental health too. 

Post # 22
608 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Your age/partner’s age: 31/31

Baby #: 1

Cycles Trying: 2 years 3 months 

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD12

Usual Cycle Length: 25 days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: 21 March

POAS/Beta Date: 3 April

Known fertility issues: endometriosis 

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): just doing EOD in FW

Trying anything new this month?: back on the Chinese herbal pills, I stopped taking them before my lap

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: Favorite spring activity where you are?: Driving up north towards the highlands and going for walks.

Post # 23
3284 posts
Sugar bee

Dfitzy :  This will be my second (and last!) round of IVF. I must say I didn’t find the last one as bad as I was originally expecting but my doctor has decided to start me on a very high dose of FSH this time and I’ll start LH on day 1 as well which means 3 shots a day from day 1 plus femara. I’m intrested to see if it gets us more embies this time but I’m also freaking out that I could have bad egg quality! 😬 so much to worry about when it comes to IVF!!

Post # 24
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

RaccoonKitty :  I forgot you did one before!  I also didn’t find stims for retrieval that bad.  It’s the FET stims that get me.  I hope you get many more eggs and they are a great quality!

Post # 25
87 posts
Worker bee

Hello again!! Feeling hopeful for everyone this month smile

One day separated me from the March & April boards so here we go… 

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 29/30 in a week and a half

Baby #: 1

Cycles Trying: 21 I think?

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD18/ 2DPO

Usual Cycle Length: 28-34 days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: Peak OPK on 3/17 – Natural cycle

POAS/Beta Date: 4/1 (but Darling Husband birthday is on 3/31 so I will probably start testing early) 

Known fertility issues: Mild Endo 

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): OPKs, Dr recommended robitussin for Darling Husband, and used preseed once

Trying anything new this month?: Robitussin for Darling Husband. Decided to have a rest cycle this month from meds/iui and try naturally. I found that the whole fertility treatment process stressed me out a lot. 

For fun: Favorite spring activity where you are?: There isn’t much to do around Milwaukee, WI until the summer – so for Spring we enjoy simply going down and walking along Lake Michigan to take in the sun & warmer weather. 

*** On a side note: I have to tell you all about the experience I had a week ago at my DH’s doctors appointment. My husband is a veteran and so we figured we would explore any options that the VA could offer in regards to infertility assistance, considering our insurance through his work doesn’t cover anything. I was not expecting much from this appointment, however it made me more upset than I was to begin with. Gave the Dr a run down on our history… and her response was “Well, we know you CAN get pregnant since you have been pregnant twice, so it will happen. You just have to reduce stress and relax” I’m sorry, what? I had to sit there and try to adjust my face while a stranger told me to “relax”. Oh yeah, let me just do that real quick while considering our MMC was in October of 2016. She also added how she had children later in life. You guys… the strength it took … undecided innocent

<footer class=”social-row”>
<div class=”likes bbp-admin-links “> </div>
</footer>

Post # 26
709 posts
Busy bee

ctinaxox :  that doctor sounds like the WORST. So sorry bee. At least you don’t have to see that doctor again. How terrible! 

Post # 27
3284 posts
Sugar bee

ctinaxox :  Omg kudos to you for not slapping that doctor. Jeeez, talk about what not to say to someone experiencing infertility huh!?

Dfitzy :  I honestly found those damn progesterone pessaries for my FET the absolute worst 😂 they gross me out!

Post # 28
87 posts
Worker bee

goldenbrown :   RaccoonKitty :  Haha yeah I couldn’t believe it. After we left the room my husband was like “how much do you hate her?” Oh well, worth a try I suppose. 🙂 

Post # 29
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

ctinaxox :  Someone telling me to just relax about ttc makes me see red.  I wouldn’t have been calm after that.  I probably would have told her off.  Good for you for keeping your cool.

RaccoonKitty :  I luckily don’t have to take them unless I get a BFP.  I did take them during 2 IUI’s I’ve done in the past at a previous dr. I agree they are gross.  I get to take the lovely PIO shots instead.  I honestly don’t know what’s worse.  1 1/2″ needle in the butt, or the suppositories with the lovely discharge LOL

Post # 30
3529 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

Hi, everyone! Can I join for the chit chat? We really have no chance at conceiving naturally and I have no idea when our ICSI/IVF process will begin because scheduling everything has been quite a pain! My HSG is next Friday so I’m nervous because I’ve heard it can be painful… has anyone had one? Experiences? 

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: Almost 28/Going on 48

Baby #: #1

Cycles Trying: I stopped counting when we got our infertility diagnosis… we began last July 

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 2DPO – tomorrow I have blood work and a baseline ultrasound 

Usual Cycle Length: 30 days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: N/A

POAS/Beta Date: N/A 

Known fertility issues: I knew something was wrong once we made it to cycle 5 and I still wasn’t pregnant… I know it can take longer, especially with an older partner, but my gut was telling me something was wrong. Then we got the devastating news that there were no sperm found in any of my husband’s semen analyses. He  has bilateral varicocele and non-obstructive azoospermia. We are currently trying to schedule his surgery to fix the varicocele on both sides and get a biopsy to hopefully harvest and freeze some sperm for ICSI/IVF. My blood work showed that I’m on the borderline for PCOS, but the only symptoms I’m noticing are unwanted hairs and acne that I got for the first time a couple months off of birth control. Thankfully, my post-pill acne is finally clearing up! My cycles are ovulatory and usually average length, although I ovulated about 10 days late in two cycles since I started tracking last June. One of them was particularly stressful. 

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): I’m slacking with my prenatals and vitamin D but will get back on track. I have the Ava bracelet and still wear it every night, mostly just to be able to know when my period is coming. My husband is on Conception XR and CoQ10. 

Trying anything new this month?: Nope… there’s really nothing that can be done. 

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

For fun: Favorite spring activity where you are?: Waiting for summer lol We used to get all four seasons but now spring is just winter (cold) with rain instead of snow. My birthday and our wedding anniversary are next month though. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors