April 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ mon. TTC + Other Issues)

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 317
1974 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

Well there were no pregnancy announcements but their next door neighbour asked if we had a night away from the kids. I said we didn’t have any he asked me how old I was. I didn’t answer and he said “tick-tock!” So I just walked away. People never cease to amaze me. 

The issue with my BIL’s sister is she wants Brother-In-Law to propose but he doesn’t want to be the centre of attention and would only go to the registry office with no family. She asked if I could have a chat with him so I will. No doubt they are good together he’s just the most laid back person imaginable. It was nice for her to chat with me about it, it’s only taken 6 years for us to be close!

Post # 319
597 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

EllyAnne :  how rude! But the family stuff all sounds good.

I’ve had 3 very low temps in a row in what I thought was the middle of my LP based on CM (and a temp shift although I only started temping when I got Ava on CD10) temp back up a bit today but I think this is an anovulatory cycle. That or I still haven’t ovulated yet and it’s very very late as I’m on CD20 and my cycles are usually 25 days long!

Post # 320
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

EllyAnne :  WTH people need to learn to keep their mouths closed.

I went for my beta this morning.  Got a BFN on a test this morning so now just waiting for the call to tell me the same.  Second failed FET.   I’m going to be taking a looong break from TTC.  We still have two embryo’s left.  But, after 3 years I just need a break and I need to focus on something else right now.  My sister is getting married in Oct. and I’m Maid/Matron of Honor for that so I’m going to focus on party planning, go on a vacation with Darling Husband and our dog, and just enjoy life for a while.  We will probably try again at the end of this year/ next year sometime.  

I wish you all the best of luck!  I really hope you all get your babies soon.  

Post # 322
1974 posts
Buzzing bee

Dfitzy :  Really sorry bee. Enjoy your break from TTC., you deserve a great vacation with your D.H. x

Post # 323
660 posts
Busy bee

EllyAnne :  People are so rude! Sorry you had to deal with that. Yikes. 

Dfitzy :  I’m so sorry to hear. But glad you are taking time for you and your dh and dog! 

AFM, I’m out for April. AF showed up this morning after being 3 days late! I’ve never been late in my life and thought “this is it!”. Turns out the new thyroid meds the RE just started me on cause delayed periods. Yay 🙁  This is only my second week taking these meds, and was not informed of this possible side effect. Really wished they had told me. Emailed the new RE to schedule CD3 monitoring for Weds. 

Becuase of the thyroid meds causing my AF to be so late, my calendar is now off for when we wanted to do one last IUI. I was on track to ovulate around May 2 but we are booked to travel out of the country the evening of May 3. Ava is predicting that I’ll now ovulate May 5 or later. We don’t get back in town until May 13. So it’s another wasted cycle, which makes me just want to jump straight to IVF. Dh is on board with that. Should I go ahead and call the office to tell them now or wait until CD3 monitoring on Weds? This will be my first IVF round, so I’m nervous and still figuring out the whole process. 

Also, I still have the Clomid from the now canceled IUI. Any point in just doing a medicated non-IUI cycle? Will talk with my RE about that too. I’m glad Dh and I are going on vacation but the timing has really caused us to waste a whole cycle. 

Post # 324
204 posts
Helper bee

Dfitzy :  I’m so so sorry. 3 years is such a long time to be struggling with TTC and infertility. You and your husband deserve a break. 

Post # 325
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Can anyone tell me about (real life) side effects of progesterone supplements?  My dr has perscribed them as a just in case (2x/day) and, while I can read the littany of side effects on line, any details from anyone who has “taken” them is appreciated.  Thanks!

Post # 326
204 posts
Helper bee

ChiTownBee27 :  I’ve only taken them for 2 months (twice a day, 4 dpo to 14dpo) so maybe I’m not the best person to answer but I’ve found that the main side effects are just feeling like having PMS for a longer time. Breast tenderness with change in size and moodiness (including crying and irritability) are the main ones for me. Nothing really terrible or that would prevent me from taking the medicine. 

It has stopped my spotting though, and given me a normal length luteal phase. 

Post # 327
883 posts
Busy bee

ChiTownBee27 :  I honestly don’t think I had many, if any side effects of the progesterone supplements.

Post # 328
1974 posts
Buzzing bee

AF arrived today right on cue. Not sure whether to take a break or not as we would likely be able to do IVF in August (NHS) and have holidays booked for June and September. Tough to know what to do because I’m fed up of TTC taking over our lives but I turn 35 in November so not sure I want to waste time especially as my endometriosis seems to be growing back a year after my lap. Hmm.

Post # 329
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

heartandstars :   tulipdazey :  thanks so much for your replies.  I start the supps on Friday and I’m hoping there will be little/no side effects and that, if I do get a BFP this month, I won’t have to take them for very long.

Post # 330
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Dfitzy :  Enjoy your break – I think it is much needed!

I’m officially out – was a few days ago but was out of town. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors