April 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ mon. TTC + Other Issues)

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 347
600 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I’m out. Don’t know what went on this cycle, FF had me ovulating 4 days ago but I’m pretty certain that’s wrong given AF arrived today! Hope next cycle using Ava will be a bit clearer.

Post # 348
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Just venting here b/c I don’t think anyone else in my life would truly get how I’m feeling – I have lots of great people who would be there for me but (thankfully) they just don’t get it.  I’m just frustrated (& maybe hormonal give the 2x/day progesterone).  I’m currently taking a thyroid pill, a prenatal vitamin, a baby aspirin and progesterone supps 2x/day.  my dr confirmed O and we BD at the “right” times.  I’m not officially out yet (& still crossing everything I’ve got) but I’ve felt the telltale signs of AF the past 2 days & I feel disproportionately sad/angry/frustrated about the prospect of this not being our month.  We haven’t started any fertility treatments so I know there are options ahead and that this too shall pass but I just hate not being able to control things and this whole process seems overwhelming at the moment.  and on top of everything, I’m nearing 40 and have so many constant thoughts about all the risks of “mature pregnancies” and about how my son will be older than I planned if and when we have a second (yes, I get that that is ridiculous and maybe there are benefits to a wider gap but I can’t help but think about it).

Post # 350
1272 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

NicLE1218 :  any BFPʻs this month??

Post # 351
600 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

NicLE1218 :  yeah I don’t think I ovulated, the spotting is normal for me I get it every month in the run up to my period. Frustrating though, I hoped Ava would bring clarity but so far I’m more confused!

Post # 353
1272 posts
Bumble bee

NicLE1218 :  no Christmas babies to cheer on :'(

the “research” setting in FF is still trying to tell me I’m 3 days late even tho the “FAM” setting, which I believe, says I’m only 8dpo. gotta hold back from POAS for a guaranteed bfn haha

Post # 355
1272 posts
Bumble bee

NicLE1218 :  

• The Advanced Detector is our recommended detector and the default for all charts. We recommend that you keep your chart on this setting. This detector takes all your fertility signs into account. It uses the computing power of our servers to actually scan for patterns of ovulation on your charts based on the many patterns that we have encountered through our years of experience. Once it has determined your most likely ovulation day based on all your fertility signs, it then determines a coverline (the horizontal line across your chart) with a reasonable value to show you your biphasic (ovulation) pattern. Our advanced detector simultaneously takes into account all signs and data you enter to determine the best interpretation.

• The Research Detector is our cutting edge research detector. This detector includes all new patterns and improvements as we find them. With time and testing, we roll new findings into the advanced detector when appropriate. Since this detector is continuously under construction, it can be unstable. You should use it only if you wish to check for enhancements that are not yet rolled into the advanced detector.

• The Fertility Awareness Detector is based on the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) as it is widely published (ovulation is detected after 3 temperatures above the previous 6) with some enhancements. This detector is best suited to those with regular chart patterns who are already familiar with this method.

• The OPK/Monitor Detector relies solely on your Ovulation Predictor Kit (OPK) or fertility monitor data to determine ovulation. An OPK gives information only about the presence of Luteinizing Hormone (LH). Although in most cases a positive OPK will indicate imminent ovulation it is not always totally accurate. Similarly the fertility monitor gives you information about your estrogen levels and LH levels. Although more detailed than the OPK it still lacks the confirmation that ovulation actually occured. This detector is designed for women who are not recording their temperature but still would like to have a good estimate of their ovulation day.”

Post # 357
87 posts
Worker bee

Hey all… I’ve been a little MIA lately… So bummed to see how unlucky April has been!!! frown Hopeful for a brighter May all around!! 

So…

I got a faint bfp on 9dpiui (I tested out my trigger so it was real) – – Woohoo!! Haven’t seen a positive since my MC in Oct 2016!!
Continued getting faint bfp’s all weekend – superrr light on FRER. 
Yesterday they became a lot lighter so I figured this wasn’t going to stick.
Went in today for my beta (14dpiui) and this is where things get strange…

My HCG came back at only 3…. and progesterone is at like 8 point something. They want me to keep taking two progesterone suppositories a day and get rechecked on Thursday. I thought anything under 5 was negative? Has anyone ever heard of this happening or experienced this before? I’m just feeling extra frustrated and confused!!

Post # 359
87 posts
Worker bee

NicLE1218 :  Thank you so much. Went for my second beta today and as I suspected it was negative. Guess I had a chemical. I’ll go roll call for May!! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors