April 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ mon. TTC + Other Issues)

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 46
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I took a break from these boards last month but im excited to be back πŸ™‚

ROLL CALL

You’re age/ partners age: 29/32

Baby# 1

Cycles Trying: this will be 8 since second MC

Current cycle date/ DPO:  CD5

Ovulation/ Procedure date: April 1-2 I’m guessing

POAS/ Beta date:  I’ll go with April 12 for now

Known fertility issues: unexplained. I’ve had 2 MCs that I got pregnant with very fast, but now I can’t get pregnant again. Tests show I may have mild Adenomyosis and my husbands SA showed low morphology. 

BFP Plan: second IUI. I don’t expect them to work though and kind of just seeing them as a necessary step to IVF.

Trying anything new this month?: Doing a trigger shot this month at my request. I don’t see the point in spending this money and energy if our timing isn’t even right. Other than that I’m pretty laid back at this point and don’t think there is much I can do that will change the outcome!

For fun: Favorite Spring Activity? Anything outside. Also being able to have all the windows in the house open and get that spring breeze!

Post # 47
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

ladyvictoria :  I had mine a few months ago and I was TERRIFIED before. The best part was it is so, so fast. My tubes weren’t blocked and I still found it quite painful (kind of like your worst cramps plus a hot, burning feeling from the dye). However, just when I was getting to a point where I couldn’t handle it, it was done. I had bad cramps after for an hour and then nothing- not even spotting. Overall, it wasn’t fun but not nearly as bad as I hyped it up to be. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Post # 48
1316 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Took a home progesterone test and it was low so I know for sure I didn’t O on vacay πŸ‘Œ

Post # 55
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

NicLE1218 :  Yes PIO shots are painful, it’s an 1 1/2″ long needle so it’s pretty big, and the girth of the needle is quite large too.  I found it’s better to ice the area before hand, but even with that you end up sore a few hours after the shot is given.  I’m glad you’re feeling better.  That’s awesoeme the trigger shot is almost out of your system, mine always lasted 14 days!  

Edited to add: AFM, I started the estradiol patches this weekend.  They make me into a crazy person.  I am so ready to flip out over any little thing.  I really hate them.  

Post # 56
3537 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

sophie89 :  Yikes! I’m thinking of taking the day off of work just in case I have bad cramping aterwards… And heck, it’s a Friday and spring break. Thanks for sharing your experience! 

NicLE1218 :  Wow! Your uncle’s results are amazing! Our urologist told us to not expect a miracle since my husband has azoospermia rather than low count. But I’m still low key hoping for some kind of miracle LOL In terms of weird discharge, do you mean weird because you don’t usually have it or something else? 

Post # 57
283 posts
Helper bee

ladyvictoria :  Another person chiming in on the HSG. It was over really quick – I did have some pretty severe cramps while they were putting the dye in but they didn’t last very long. I had a little bleeding after, but it wasn’t bad. I had no other bleeding or cramping afterwards though. 

AFM I’m just waiting for my period. I stopped progesterone on Saturday (Day 13) after multiple negative tests. My temps are still pretty high today but I had another BFN so…anytime now, period. Let’s get this cycle started. 

Post # 58
709 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 35/33

Baby #: 1

Cycles Trying: 11

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD4

Usual Cycle Length: 27-28 (used to be shorter 25-27 but have shifted to 27-28)

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: Switched to new insurance and new RE so not sure if I can squeeze in an IUI. New insurance kicks in 4/1 but I O on 4/4 and need prior authorization

POAS/Beta Date: April 18

Known fertility issues: MFI (low volume, low count, low morph, low everything)

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): timing, prenatals, CoQ10, Royal Jelly. Dh is on proxeed and vitamins. Hoping I can get authorization in time to do an IUI

Trying anything new this month?: new RE

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: Favorite spring activity where you are?: going to Central Park and just being outside in general without a big parka, finally!

Just got off the phone with my new insurance (Oxford) and found out that although our new insurance finally matches the state we live in there is ZERO IVF coverage. IUIs are covered with prior pre-authorization only. They won’t tell me how many are covered. It’s just “up to them to decide.”

Bees, I almost broke down crying on the phone. Our old out of state coverage covered up to 4 retrievals but we couldn’t use it in our current state of residence so we switched (long story) and now under the new one there’s nothing…

IUIs are great but they won’t work for us since we have MFI. We need IVF ICSI and now there’s no coverage. Nothing. We can’t afford to pay out of pocket. Darling Husband thinks we can but we really can’t. We could maybe afford one round but if that doesn’t work then what? 

Has anyone used one of the financing companies for IVF? What was your experience like?

Post # 59
3537 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

heartandstars :  Thanks for sharing your experience! I think I’m going to take the day off just in case I don’t feel so hot afterwards. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors