April 2019 POAS

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 211
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

So many positive tests already this month — congratulations everyone! I was on these boards for a while in the fall, but we had to take a few months off around some work travel to a place with high rates of Zika. Back at it now and hoping our luck improves! 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 34/35

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: I think 7 DPO

Ovulation Date: April 4 probably

POAS Date: Should probably wait until April 18th but suspect I’ll POAS this weekend

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Cycles Trying: This is number 4, but it’s been 7 months… we had to take 3 cycles off because I traveled somewhere for work with a Zika risk

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): temping, charting and folate

Trying anything new this month?: Nope

For Fun:  Are you looking forward to Spring? Anything fun planned? Oh my god yes! no big fun plans as we’re focusing our energies and finances on looking for a house right now. The pickings in our market are slim, so we might be at for a while. 

Post # 212
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

denkyem :  our market is horrible too! everything seems to get in  bidding wars and go way over asking! im hoping since we’re looking in the country we will be able to avoid all that!

Post # 213
234 posts
Helper bee

habzrule :  Given your username I suspect we’re in the same region. Isn’t in the worst? We’ve already lost two bidding wars. Nice you’re able to look somewhere more reasonable!

I had some verrry light spotting today (8 dpo) and am furiously hoping it’s implantation bleeding and not my period starting. I do think I tend to have short luteal phases so it totally could be the latter. Blurgh. 

Post # 214
5590 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Roll calling for fun… not TTC, but we *may* have had a slip up, so I’ll call this cycle NTNP.  It took Darling Husband and myself 9 months of TTC to get our daughter… but I’ve always said an accident would be nice after that. 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/33

Baby #: 2 – My daughter turned 1 on the first, and I also have an 11 year old stepson

Current Cycle Day/DPO: my guess is 6dpo, but I have no clue (you can see my chart is all over the place and I haven’t gotten crosshairs from FF)

Ovulation Date: I think it could have been 4/6

POAS Date: You can put me down for 4/24.  I won’t test before AF is due… but if I really don’t see a drop in BBT or AF by then, I’ll test.

Usual Cycle Length: Unknown.  Pre-pregnancy it was 25 days.  I’ve only had one other complete cycle postpartum that was 32 days long… which is why this early ovulation is a bit of a surprise.

Cycles Trying: 0 – this would kind of be 1 NTNP

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): No plan.  I started taking my BBT after my first postpartum AF just to get an idea of what my cycles were doing before starting to TTC our next little one starting in September.

Trying anything new this month? N/A

Link to your chart if charting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/SeaOfLove

For Fun:  Are you looking forward to Spring? Anything fun planned? Now that my daughter’s first birthday is out of the way, I’m honestly just looking forward to taking advantage of the nice weather!

Post # 215
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

SeaOfLove :  Welcome!! Exciting to have you back – FX for a nice quick journey this time. We also tried for our son for 7 months and got pregnant this time first cycle after my initial post partum period. 

denkyem :  Welcome back to the boards! 🙂

Post # 216
5590 posts
Bee Keeper

purplepie45 :  Thank you!! Congratulations on your little one on the way!  That’s so relieving that it happened so quickly for you.  I honestly have a deep-seeded fear of the TTC process after last time. lol.  We have a couple factors that will be different this time around (DH on different anxiety meds and I found out the daily Clairitin I took probably wasn’t helping), so I’m hoping it’s easier.  We aren’t planning on TTC until September, and I doubt we’ll decide to TTC any sooner if this cycle doesn’t result in a BFP.  

Post # 217
234 posts
Helper bee

How’s everyone doing? I’m 10 dpo, symptom-spotting like crazy and can’t think about much else. I am just so utterly incapable of being chill about this! I had some super light spotting yesterday and the day before, and have had a sour metallic taste in my mouth since yesterday morning. My temperature went down a bit today too.

When I spot before my period it’s usually just one day, and then my period comes on full force the next day, but it hasn’t shown up yet (I’ve been having kind of short LPs since coming off the pill, so period at 10 dpo wouldn’t be unusual for me). I did cave and POAS, stark negative. So I guess I just keep twitchily obsessing until about Thursday, or until my period shows up. I’m probably letting myself feel more hopeful than I should. 

Post # 218
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

We seem to be having a pretty good month on the board so far, let’s hope it’s good signs for everyone left to test and everyone who hasn’t been blessed this month is just one cycle away! 

I’m somewhere between 7-10 days post O at the moment and everything seems like a normal month. I’m sure my body is still adjusting to post BC, I’ve had discharge the last couple of days which is similar to last month but no spotting as such. 

I’ll be testing on the 19th is AF hasn’t arrived as we are having a football away day and I’ll need to know whether I can drink or not. I’m not feeling too positive about this month because im not getting any ”feeling’…but then again I’ve had a sign every month and started to believe and it hasn’t happened yet so I’m not convinced by anything this month 😂 

I thought I might struggle a bit this month as my best friend has had her first baby and j really struggled after her baby shower. But, I’m so incredibly happy for her, and it’s just made me really excited for when it is our turn. I also had a day where I think it really hit home just how much of a miracle the whole process is. A couple gets timing absolutely right in a tiny window, and 9 months later this beautiful baby is born, it really is wonderful! 

My husband opened up a bit last week about his feelings on the whole process, as he really.thought it was just a case of stopping BC and you get pregnant. We feel in a pretty good place, but I still know we will have the pang of sadness if it’s a BFN. 

Post # 220
5590 posts
Bee Keeper

denkyem :  The TWW is killer! Try your best to keep yourself occupied ❤️❤️ FX you just tested too early 🤞

cyprusbride18 :  TBH, the cycle I finally got my BFP, I didn’t have any symptoms until I realized my BBT was still high on 13dpo, and it was never high that late in my cycle. Then suddenly I realized I was starving and my boobs were sore in a different way. I somehow waited all day to test. Lol.  I know pregnancies and new babies can be so hard. Be kind to yourself during this process ❤️

AFM, I’m pretty positive I ovulated, but I still can’t tell exactly when I ovulated. It’s possible I’m 8dpo, but I refuse to test unless I feel symptoms past next weekend or I don’t get AF by the 24th  (which would be 18dpo if I did ovulate when I suspect… Otherwise it’s 15dpo if I ovulated later). I refuse to symptom spot 😬

Post # 221
5590 posts
Bee Keeper

sankwa :  I hope you’re enjoying yourself!!

Post # 222
194 posts
Blushing bee

denkyem :  girl, im right there with you. nausea started last night (its normally a little closer to my period that it starts) im bloated like crazy, boobs are tender (they never are) and i dislocated my tailbone which only happens when great hormone fluctuation happen. im also super crampy and cm is right on cue while my cervix remain low and closed and slightly swollen. im so hopeful! thankfully my tests are only showing up wednesday, which is perfect to not test early!

Post # 223
194 posts
Blushing bee

denkyem :  im near ottawa. my friend had to move out of her neighborhood because after a year, they still hadnt found anything, even with a budget about half a million. this is not my case (i wish lol). 

Post # 224
2092 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Update from me – I had a BFN yesterday, but AF hasn’t arrived yet. We’ll have to wait and see but I’m not feeling too hopeful. I didn’t find any EWCM so I’m not convinced I ovulated at all this cycle. I’ve been trying to avoid charting etc because I think that might make me feel more stressed, but  I think if it doesn’t happen for us in one more cycle (cycle 3 if AF arrives soon) I might start.

Post # 225
101 posts
Blushing bee

hopfenn :  not sure if you’re still following this board since you rolled over, but I am oddly in the exact same position as you. Tests never darkened, started bleeding and have had a regular period since Wednesday, so technically CD 5. I was away all weekend and just got home to take a test to see if it was negative yet. The line is WAY darker than any of the previous tests. I guess I’ll call my doctor tomorrow and see what they say just in case something is wrong. How frustrating when I just want to start over!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors