April 2019 POAS

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 226
4929 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Audrey2 :  I’ve honestly felt the opposite about charting.  Temping, OPKs, and at least trying to detect fertile CM always put my mind at ease… but knowing my cycle was always easier for me than trying to guess and stressing that I never hit the fertile window.  It was nice to see my temp rise following a positive OPK, because I could at least know I was done for the cycle and work to keep my mind off of things.  Plus, when AF was on her way, my temp always dipped before she showed… so at least I was mentally prepared for it.

Post # 227
346 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding:  Australia

SeaOfLove : Same for me. I love data and charting just works for me. Then again I have a very regular cycle.

Post # 228
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

SeaOfLove :  Thanks for the encouraging words :). I so admire your resolve to hold out ’til 18 dpo!

purplepie45 :  Thank you! I’ve been quietly lurking all along, haha. 

habzrule :  Please tell us more about your hormone-specific dislocating tailbone? I have never heard about this and am bemused/intrigued. Fingers crossed those symptoms are pointing towards good news! Also… i’m actually in Toronto. 

Post # 229
872 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’m out – and AF decided to be 3 days late just to get me a little excited 😭

Post # 232
872 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

sankwa :  thanks! I’m actually ok (after my 3 min cry). I’m taking the focus off tracking my cycle this month and just getting outdoors and increasing my fitness! 

Post # 233
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

denkyem :  i have a disorder where my body doesnt create as much collagen, therefore my ligaments are weak and not elastic. ive had multiple dislocations growing up, and puberty and pregnancy is always worst as the spike in estrogen and such inhibits my collagen production, and during pregancy relaxin starts crazy early for me. with my two daughters ive dislocated l4 in my second trimester (rotated 30 degrees) and always dislocate ribs/shoulder/hip/or other joint right before my bfp. its intense enough for hubby to notice and tell me to test haha!

so this morning im anywhere between 7-10 dpo and had some brown spotting wiping. so im either starting my period stupid early (it feels quite crampy and heavy. its a possibity) or its implantation bleeding. my cervix is also high, soft and closed this morning

Post # 234
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

habzrule :  wow, that’s so interesting! Thanks for sharing. I hope you’re not in too much pain… a dislocated tailbone sounds really intense, ow. 

As for me, I got my period with a vengeance this morning at 11 dpo after 3 days of spotting, so I’m rolling over, and continuing to worry about these short luteal phases. So much for a 2019 baby. Hope not to see many of you in the May board!

Post # 235
4929 posts
Honey bee

denkyem :  I’m only holding out that long because my cycle is SO confusing! I can’t tell when I actually ovulated.  It’s also only my second cycle pospartum and I’m still breastfeeding my daughter three times a day, so it’s expected to be wonky.  I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself. Otherwise, I would test about 14/15dpo.

Post # 236
1271 posts
Bumble bee

snowflake1234 :  Oh nooo, I’m so sorry! It’s such a weird and confusing thing to deal with. My tests kept getting darker (but really slowly) until CD4/5ish (depending on when you count CD1, since my period started close to midnight). The day after that (CD5/6ish) they started getting fainter, and again that’s been happening really slowly.

I went to see my doctor because I thought it was really weird and had a hard time finding similar stories on the internet. I also really wanted to rule out ectopic because I was worried about that. Are you able to go get an hcg draw to see what’s going on there? By the time I was able to get mine by levels were dropping.

Here’s a picture of what my cheapies looked like throughout this whole ordeal:

I’m sorry you’re going through this!

Post # 237
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Congrats to all the BFPs so far this month! 

I’m out for April as of last week. I completely forgot to come update though with the end of tax season (I’m a tax attorney). Hopefully now that things are less hectic for me I’ll have better luck but who knows. On to May.  Good luck to the rest of you this month!

Post # 238
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Backyard

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/38

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 1DPO

Ovulation Date: 4/14

POAS Date: 4/30

Usual Cycle Length: 27-32 days

Cycles Trying: 11 (but 6th cycle BDing more than once…)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): more BD, we were trying for EOD and then when I got my + OPK yesterday we ended up BDing twice in one day and hoping to again today because I think I Ovulated yesterday

Trying anything new this month? More BD. Finally my husband is initiating and actively trying more than I am!

Link to your chart if charting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/redroses76

For Fun:  Are you looking forward to Spring? Anything fun planned?

I have 12 days off next week and looking forward to a nice laid back staycation!

Post # 239
4929 posts
Honey bee

redroses76 :  FX this is your cycle, dear ❤️❤️🤞 And a staycation sounds AMAZING!

HappyCrickets :  I’m so sorry, dear 😞 I hope you have a chance to relax a lot more with the end of tax season. Good luck with your next cycle ❤️

Post # 240
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

only a çouple more days before testinv! so far away!!!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors