April 2019 POAS

posted 8 months ago in TTC
Post # 61
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2018

I didn’t think I’d be super excited to try for a Christmas baby but I once saw a family who celebrate half birthdays in June with a big garden party to make up for it so that’s keeping me happy! 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30/30…im a day away from 31 😭

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD4

Ovulation Date: 10th April ish

POAS Date: Easter I think…maybe the Easter bunny can bring a sticky bean instead of a chocolate egg!

Usual Cycle Length: 31

Cycles Trying: 7 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): all the usuals…temping, timing, charting

Trying anything new this month? Trying to chill the eff out. It’s my birthday and Easter so I’m going to enjoy being spoilt 

Link to your chart if charting: 

For Fun:  Are you looking forward to Spring? Anything fun planned?

Planning a trip to Texas in June…love to plan holidays πŸ–€

Post # 62
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Hoping to join you TWW-ers here soon. Finally some fertile CM today and I usually only get 1-3 days of that before O. Missed BDing last night and tonight will be a struggle because it turns out my parents are on their way (of course…). We’ll see what happens.

zstbee84 :  7DPO is so early, but sorry you didn’t have a squinter to show us. Good luck tomorrow!

purplepie45 :  Long irregular cycles have got to be such a drag for this TTC business. 26-30 days seems so long as it is! Is that just since your son?

Optometrylove :  I get a lot of various forms of CM throughout my cyle, it’s usually pretty random other than the EWCM I get before O.

lantana :  Do you think the Robitussin made a difference? I get a good amount of fertile CM but I wish it lasted longer.

Post # 62
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016 - City, State

jbirdlee1015 :  I think so! I usually get a good amount but it’s hard to have it consistently throughout the FW: some days I noticed it very much, some days i didn’t. With Robitussin it *seemed* that it was much more constant during FW. We’ll see if it was enough for a BFP soon!

Post # 63
418 posts
Helper bee

Almost to the FW for us! We also took the leap and made our appointment at a fertility clinic to get the ball rolling with testing. Hoping this will be our lucky cycle and we won’t need a second appt!

Post # 64
281 posts
Helper bee

BeepBopB00p :  I always hear about couples getting knocked up right before fertility appointments/procedures. Perhaps it just makes for a good story, or maybe it’s a real phenomenon that will happen to you – good luck!

Post # 66
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

thosethreewords :   jbirdlee1015 :  thanks ladies, I have a feeling this cycle may be a bit off. Last night on a whim I took an OPK and it was positive, I have taken 2 others today, also ridiculously positive.  I’ve never gotten one this strong before where it is pulling dye from the control line.  I hope I didn’t ovulate a week late!

Post # 67
102 posts
Blushing bee

Optometrylove :  that is SO positive lol! I got a pretty much  positive yesterday afternoon  (they were the same shade, test line maybe verrrrryyy slightly lighter) and then ran out of OPKs. I am 99% sure I ovulated today based on cramping and CM so it would make sense if it turned completely positive last night. If I’m right, we had great timing. 0-5, 0-4, 0-3, 0-1 and 0. Now we wait and try not to drink the usual 3 cups of coffee a day.

Post # 69
1624 posts
Bumble bee

7dpo today and so far this TWW has been a breeze, which feels nice. Hoping it continues to be a breeze though, because I’m sure I’ll start getting impatient soon. The last few days of waiting are the hardest!

Anyone else here kind of liking the idea of a December baby? I just got hot-chocolate-bar-birthday-parties in my head and I’m loving it πŸ˜›

Optometrylove :  Wow! That’s SUPER positive! Looks to me like you may actually be ovulating soon? BD for good measure!

BeepBopB00p :  I also always hear on reddit about couples getting pregnant right before a fertility appointment, so fingers crossed it’s your lucky one!

Post # 70
307 posts
Helper bee

snowflake1234 :  good luck to you it looks like you had great timing!

hopfenn :  that’s what I’m worried about. Darling Husband and I are doing long distance until I graduate so we missed our window if I’m ovulating now πŸ™

Post # 71
102 posts
Blushing bee

hopfenn :  my daughter was due in December 2017! She ended up coming 3 weeks early so was born in November. I never minded the idea, winter maternity leave definitely had perks:). I HATED the sicknesses that went around, but luckily she stayed fairly healthy aside from a minor cold, and once I returned to work it was basically spring, but other than that it’s whatever! I do kind of like that there’s a full month between her birthday and Christmas. 

Post # 72
1624 posts
Bumble bee

Optometrylove :  Oh nooo, do you temp at all to confirm ovulation?

snowflake1234 :  Hahah good point – a december due date doesn’t mean it won’t be a November baby still! I’m also liking the idea of my maternity leave starting in the winter. I suspect I won’t want to go outside too much over the first few weeks anyways, and by the time summer rolls around baby will be functional enough to maybe start enjoying it! Also good point about all the sicknesses that go around in the winter!

Post # 73
307 posts
Helper bee

hopfenn :  usually I do but I didnt this month. This would be the latest I have ever ovulated if it happened yesterday/today

Post # 74
281 posts
Helper bee

I have a June birthday, and one year my parents threw me a half birthday winter party to mix things up, it was super fun. But yeah I guess it was nice having a summer birthday. However I’m not that into birthdays and we live far from family who is very into it, so I would actually like the one time a year we are most likely to visit our hometown to be our kid’s bday – that way I can make my family throw them special parties! πŸ˜‚

onion2803 :  Happy Birthday!!! I’m coming up on 31 myself, where does the time go??

Optometrylove :  Not to get your hopes up at all as I have no clue about OPKs, but could they provide strong positive results if you’re pregnant? If you dont temp and such I guess it’s not completely out of the question. Likely you really are just late if that would have put O way too early for you, TTC stress does have the potential to delay it. If that’s the case that sucks that you’re not with your husband πŸ˜•

snowflake1234 :  I certainly wouldn’t mind not having to commute in the snow for a few months over the winter lol. I didn’t really think about sickness but I don’t imagine being around a ton of people anyway. That’s great your baby stayed relatively healthy 😊

Post # 75
307 posts
Helper bee

jbirdlee1015 :  I have read that it is possible for an OPK to be positive if you are pregnant as the hormones are almost identical in structure but I don’t want to get my hopes up either.  I typically ovulate around cd16-18 so cd24 is late for me.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors