April 2020 love bugs!

posted 5 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 46
11 posts
Newbee

How far along are you? 4w6d

Estimated due date? April 6

What # baby is this for you? 2

How many cycles trying? 2 (ivf – an FET earlier this year ended in a miscarriage. This pregnancy is the result of a fresh transfer) 

When did you get your BFP? July 25, beta confirmed July 30

Who have you told? Just hubby

When do you plan to tell other people? I’d prefer after Nipt at 12 weeks but husband is more eager to spill the beans. So maybe after first ultrasound.

How did you tell your partner? Uh, text message, haha. I didn’t tell him til beta test result because he was so crushed after the miscarriage 

Any symptoms? A little more tired than usual but other wise none

What are you most excited about? Seeing my daughter as a big sister 

When is your first appointment?   Aug 26

Are you planning to find out the gender? Yes

Post # 47
1737 posts
Bumble bee

Hello everyone!! I’m nervous to be here, but I’m feeling positive this time around.

ROLL CALL!

How far along are you? 3w3d

Estimated due date? April 19, 2020

What # baby is this for you?  #1

How many cycles trying? 8 total (over 10 months), with 3 losses in there. This was the first cycle trying again after a break

When did you get your BFP? Today at 10dpo! 

Who have you told? My husband, a friend who has had a few losses before and is about to give birth, and a friend who has amazon prime and was able to order more FRERs for me πŸ˜› 

When do you plan to tell other people? I’m not sure. I don’t mind telling people early, but because I’ve had losses right now I’m just finding it hard to believe I’m pregnant again, so my plan is to take it a day at a time. I want to tell our family once I confirm my FRERs are actually getting darker and it’s not a CP, and for the rest I may wait until a first ultrasound where we see a heartbeat, since we’ve never seen that before

How did you tell your partner? I just showed him my cheapie as we were getting ready for work in the morning!

Any symptoms? I’ve been really emotional, but that’s a normal PMS thing for me

What are you most excited about? Getting another chance at a rainbow baby. Taking it one day at a time.

When is your first appointment? Not scheduled yet, but I’m going for blood work for my hcg and TSH on Monday and hopefully will be talking to my OB next week!

Are you planning to find out the gender? As SOON as possible!

Post # 48
41 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL!

How far along are you? 4weeks + 2

Estimated due date? April 26

What # baby is this for you? 2

How many cycles trying? On and off about 5, some months we didn’t try very hard. In the past three months we have sold our house and living with family while we wait for our new house to be ready in Oct.

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday!

Who have you told? My best friend and my parents 

When do you plan to tell other people? Most people after 12 weeks but maybe a few more before that, not sure yet.

How did you tell your partner? I called him and sent him a picture of the positive test. Not nearly as cute as what I did with my first but I won’t see him for a week and theee was no way I could keep it to myself.

Any symptoms? So extremely tired (this is what made me test sooner than planned)

What are you most excited about? My daughter to have a sibling πŸ˜†

When is your first appointment?  Next Thursday

Are you planning to find out the gender? Yes

I love my mama group for my daughter and I can’t wait to get to know you ladies 😊

Post # 49
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

ROLL CALL!

Estimated due date? April 23, 2020

What # baby is this for you?  #3 (4 including my step daughter)

How many cycles trying? 1! We didnt think it would happen this fast as we are 35

When did you get your BFP? squinters at 10dpo, BFP at 11dpo

Who have you told? My husband and a work friend who doesnt know anyone in our social circle

When do you plan to tell other people? Probably 12 weeks/after genetic screening. We arent in a big hurry. I dont enjoy the attention

How did you tell your partner? I told him when I got my squinter that I was 80% sure, the next morning I text him a pic of by BFP and a “Baby Mel2” onesie to confirm.

Any symptoms? Not yet! Boobs a little sore, a little tired. Mostly dont feel pregnant yet but I know the morning sickness is coming in a week or two πŸ™

What are you most excited about? My kids are 10, 10, and 16… so getting to relive pregnancy and the baby years again. I love babies. And my husband is an amazing father so I cant wait to see him with an infant <3

When is your first appointment? Sept 12th

Are you planning to find out the gender? YES! I do not have patience. I think our genetic screening will tell us early!

Post # 50
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2017

How far along are you? 4w 6d

Estimated due date? April 22, 2020

What # baby is this for you? 2!

How many cycles trying? 6

When did you get your BFP? On Sunday! 

Who have you told? My husband and our families. I can’t keep a secret from them, it’s too hard. 

When do you plan to tell other people? After the 1st trimester 

How did you tell your partner? Again, I can’t keep a secret so he knew I was taking the test and I told him when he got home from work.

Any symptoms? Nausea and sore breasts 

What are you most excited about? Everything! 

When is your first appointment?   I agent scheduled it yet. My OB stopped practicing and I need to get a referral for a new one. 

Are you planning to find out the gender? Yes! I don’t like the idea of the doctor/tech knowing something about my baby that I don’t know 

I cant wait to get to know you ladies!

Post # 51
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

stephyg :   mel2 :   makennacweir :  Hey! I think some people still chat on here but a lot of the discussions have moved over to a private facebook group. Would you guys like to be added? Send me a message with a link to your fb profile if so and I can add you πŸ™‚

Post # 52
550 posts
Busy bee

cloudgazer :   hopfenn :  ^ same goes for you guys if no one has invited you yet!

Post # 54
1737 posts
Bumble bee

MissKristi :  Thanks! But I left a few weeks ago to a chemical pregnancy. Best of luck to everyone!

Post # 55
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

How far along are you?   4w1d

Estimated due date? 28th of April

What # baby is this for you? 1st

How many cycles trying? 5

When did you get your BFP?  Two days ago πŸ™‚

Who have you told? Husband & his best friend. He had to tell somebody as well to let it out of his system. 

When do you plan to tell other people? My family this Saturday and my best friend. First grandchild and great-grandchild on my side, so very excited. 

How did you tell your partner?  We weren’t exactly trying, just let it happen naturally, so it was a surprise for both of us. I put the test with a baby onesie and a card in a drawer and pretended to be making dinner. I asked him to hand me a fork and that’s when he saw. πŸ™‚ He ran to his car pretending to drive away, then came back laughing, gave me a big hug and a kiss. 

Any symptoms?  Exhaustion, acid reflux, hunger

What are you most excited about? The moment when they will tell me to push, you’re about to meet your baby. The whole road that leads up to that moment too, but that is definitely what I can’t wait for. 

When is your first appointment?   Next week

Are you planning to find out the gender?  Yes

Not sure if anybody is still active here or not, just figured would try my chances. 1st-time mum here so pretty nervous but beyond excited. 

Post # 56
3870 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’ve been nervous about posting in here (felt like I was tempting fate), but I’m just gonna go for it πŸ™‚

Estimated due date? April 25th

What # baby is this for you?  1

How many cycles trying? 4 years trying a variety of different things

When did you get your BFP? Last Tuesday (13th)

Who have you told? We have only told our immediate family and a handful of our closest friends. Everyone knew we were going through fertility treatments, so not saying anything would have been suspect anyways. 

When do you plan to tell other people? We will announce it to the world around the end of October (it’ll be our four year wedding anniversary)

How did you tell your partner? Had planned a really sweet surprise, as he had mentioned wanting to be surprised. My big mouth ruined it. Took a test, totally expecting to see a negative, and as I saw a second line darkening, I yelled “You gotta be fucking shitting me!” loud enough that it woke him up and he came to investigate. He thought the cats got into the trash again haha. Even so, he wasn’t convinced until he saw the digital test. 

Any symptoms? Pretty moderate cramps (don’t really cramp a ton during my period, so that was my first clue), my nipples and breasts are pretty tender (and those things have no feeling in them otherwise, even during my period), burping, headaches, tired, and a little dizziness. If I didn’t know I was pregnant, I would think I was getting sick. 

What are you most excited about? After four years? Um, EVERYTHING: crying babies at 3AM, dirty diapers, no more free time, spit up, birthdays, Christmas, seeing my husband with a baby, having zero sleep, having someone hanging off of me all the time. I want all of it. 

When is your first appointment? Sept 19th was my inital date, but currently sweet talking my way in the first week of Sept πŸ™‚

Are you planning to find out the gender? I joked to my husband that I wanted to be team green and he said, “MrsMeowton, you found out you were pregnant a whole week before your missed period (and a whole week before you were supposed to even be testing!!!), what on Earth makes you think you could wait long enough to find out the gender?” I will find out ASAP. We already have our names, so it’s just a matter of what we will be calling this little seed. Hubby is currently calling it “Sentator Squish”

Post # 57
Hostess
8815 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

MrsMeowton :  Yay!!! Welcome, come on over to the facebook group. It is a lovely bunch! 

Post # 58
3870 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Mrs_Beer :  How do I go about signing up? I would love to πŸ™‚

Post # 59
Hostess
8815 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

MissKristi :  

MrsMeowton :  If you message the bee I have tagged she will add you if you give her your name etc. 

Post # 60
550 posts
Busy bee

leonahj :  Come on to our Facebook group! If you send me a message with a link to your fb profile, I’ll add you to our secret group πŸ™‚ it’s much more active than this board!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors