April 2020 POAS

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 196
985 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
minimalistoverplanner :  I have the VIP version.  The thing I like the most is the # DPO listed right there on the chart.  There are also some analytics included, like how good your timing was, your pregnancy signs and what you’ve recorded that lines up with other “pregnant” charts, etc.  I paid for a year for $24 but if you’re on the fence, I’m honestly not sure it’s worth it.

Post # 197
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
krm1984 :  I feel like all those “extras” could cause more anxiety. Last cycle I thought I had a triphasic temp chart and was reading about how it could mean I was pregnant and then got AF. So this month, I decided to stop temping after 4 DPO. 

But that’s just me. I did like reading about all the details in the first few months, but felt like I would get even more disappointed 

Post # 198
985 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
itsme1987 :  Yeah, seeing how many “pregnancy points” I have makes it easy to get your hopes up.  I do like the DPO feature and I do continue temping, only because I know that once I see a temp drop I can expect AF in the next day or so.

But I agree, all the bells and whistles aren’t necessarily useful.

Post # 199
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
krm1984 :  the temp dip would be useful but I don’t get a drop in my temp until AF is already here! Ugh

Post # 201
465 posts
Helper bee

I’m officially in the tww!  FF is saying that I ovulated on Tuesday, but I think I probably ovulated on Wednesday since my temp was on the coverline on Wed, I still had ewcm, and based on my blood test results on Wed (test showed I was still in the surge).  If I ovulated on Tues we hit o-3, o-2, o, o+1, if I ovulated on wed we hit o-4, o-3, o-1, o.  Either way I’m happy with the timing!

Post # 202
465 posts
Helper bee

Charting question!  Since I disagreed with ff I was looking back at tcoyf.  It says “And if your digital thermometer registers to the 100ths, simply shave off the last number (e.g., 97.67 should be recorded as 97.6).”  Do you guys do this?  I haven’t been, but when I tried it ff takes away my coverline so it looks like it will end up agreeing with me that I O’d on wed.

Post # 203
3132 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Hmm no I never do this. I thought that the literal point of BBT thermometers is that they give you two decimal places. But for what it’s worth I usually disagree with FFs statement of when I ovulated pretty much every month by a day or two! 

View original reply
morecookiesplease :  

Post # 204
2458 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
morecookiesplease :  yey! For confined O and great timing. Fingers crossed for you. As far as dropping the hundredths place, I do. I’m just a rule follower and that’s what it said. 

Post # 205
465 posts
Helper bee

Thanks ladies!  I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one to disagree with ff sometimes!  I think I’ll keep it dropped so ff moves o date to what I think it should be.  I thought the whole point of bbt thermometers was so you had the extra decimal place too!  But maybe they are actually only accurate to the tenths and that is why tcoyf just says to drop the last decimal instead of rounding.

Post # 206
985 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
morecookiesplease :  I always use both decimal places too.  But often when I disagree with FF, if I change the settings, it switches my O date to what I think is more accurate.  Ex: this month it said I O’d the day of my positive OPK but that temperature was not higher than my previous 6, which is what TCOYF dictates it should be.  Plus, I NEVER O the day of my positive OPK, it’s always the day after, and it wasn’t positive until the evening.

Switched my settings to FAM Detector and bam, it changed my O date to what I knew to be correct.  Sometimes you just have to play around with it a little!

I’m 3DPO now my first cycle after my HSG and am cautiously optimistic…..going to get the cup today for hubby’s SA on Monday.  I called to make sure they were still doing the appt. with all the COVID stuff, and they said yes, so that will be another piece of the puzzle answered!

Post # 207
465 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
krm1984 :  oh good idea on playing around with ff settings!  I’ll have to try that!  Fx that the hsg helped increase fertility this month!  I hope the SA results come out good too!  My husband was supposed to have one this month, but they don’t have the take home option to pick up the cup.  We decided he’ll wait on the SA until things calm down a bit instead of having both of us have to go out for tests this month.  I wasn’t able to get my sonohysterogram this month anyways, so we figure we’ll wait for his until I can get that done.  I’m keeping my follow up appt and hoping they won’t cancel because the SA and SHG aren’t done!

Post # 208
985 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
morecookiesplease :  Oh gosh, yeah – it’s such a crazy time to be getting tests like this done!  I felt bad going out at all but since they didn’t cancel the appt., I figured I’d better go now while I can since everything may REALLY be shut down soon.  

Good luck at your follow up appt., I hope all goes well!!

Post # 209
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I need opinions. Yesterday was day 14 of my usual 30-35 day cycle. I started to spot and it had gotten a little heavier today. This was my first cycle after a d&c so I’m wondering could my period come literally 7 days after my last one ended? It’s not heavy enough to need a pad, tampon or cup

Post # 210
665 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
TiggersMitts :  thanks for the update, I roll called on page 13, POAS date 18, if I could be added. Thanks a mill 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors