April 2021

posted 3 months ago in Reception
Post # 2
349 posts
Helper bee

We are May 2021 and honestly I’m trying not to think about it. I don’t think anyone can predict where we will be in a year with this. I’m just carrying on as if things will be normal and if they aren’t normal we will deal with it when we get to it. 

I’d send the save the dates if I were you. 

Post # 3
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2021 - Walt Disney World

May 2021 bride here, also a FL wedding. It’s impossible to predict that far ahead bee. I share your anxiety but I’ve accepted I have to just do what I need to do to not drive myself crazy dwelling on it. I wish I had better advise or reassurance, but try not to let anxiety steal your joy as a bride to be.

Post # 4
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2021 - Chicago, IL

I’m also April 2021– my fiancé is certain that we’ll be able to proceed as planned. We’re planning an intimate wedding with under 100 guests, so we’re hoping at least gatherings of that size will be allowed. 

Post # 5
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2021

I’ll be May 2021, we are proceeding with planning VERY CAUTIOUSLY but proceeding nonetheless. I’m going to be married in 2021 no matter what, of that I am determined. We need to keep a flexible mindset. I’d say go ahead and send your save-the-dates. I’m sure if any loved ones have questions for you, they will call you. Best of luck. 

Post # 6
130 posts
Blushing bee

Nobody really knows for sure unfortunately. I do think it’s inevitable that the virus will have a second wave during the normal Winter flu/virus season and people won’t know what they have so that may be a big confusing mess. Usually the flu/viruses would die down in the spring though so it may be a lot better by then.

If it were my wedding I would base my decision by whether a lot of people would be traveling far, if having guests cancel last minute would ruin the day for you and how flexible you are in general. I am the type that would not mind eloping or having a tiny wedding on my original date (if possible) and then throwing a bigger party later with all my guests but I know some people are not into that.

Post # 7
478 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Christinee22 :  haha my date was April 3 2020 in Fl. Obviously, I couldn’t have it, but that is a special date 😊 

is it a lot of traveling for people? That would be the only thing I think that would be concerning. But my mine is slated for Oct now and I haven’t quite given up hope. I wouldn’t worry about it now. Reasses in the fall.

Post # 8
1418 posts
Bumble bee

No one can answer this for you unfortunately. I do think you will have to brace yourself for it perhaps not being the wedding you imagined having. 

Post # 9
4998 posts
Honey bee

As others have pointed out, there is just no way to predict this far out if it will be “safe”.

However, one thing (that still can’t be predicted, but you may be able to have a bit more insight about) is economically will you be able to pull this off then and your families?  Does your family work in a fairly recession-proof industry?  (Note:  Even that’s not a guarantee – I am personally acquainted with at least two licensed and practicing M.D.s who were laid off from their clinics).  Is there a good chance their jobs may eventually be furloughed or businesses closed?  Did they go into this pandemic financially secure with minimal debt?  And what about you? Even though the odds of my losing my job are fairly slim based on my experience in the 2008 recession, I still would be very hesitant to spend money on luxuries in the upcoming year or two and planning a rather small and austere event, especially if I had reason to believe our employment was not secure and social distancing will still be in place.   Can the two of you take the financial hit if something does happen requiring cancellation or one of you loses your job?  Can your families take the hit that may come with canceling travel plans if they are non-refundable?

Those would probably be my bigger worries at this moment that would make me “wait-and-see” a lot more than status of the virus itself, though I fully expect that social distancing will still be the norm well into 2021 and will consider it a delightful surprise if it isn’t.

Post # 10
4170 posts
Honey bee

I wouldn’t put down deposits as I think there is strong chance you will lose them.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors