(Closed) April 28, 2012 – One Month Countdown

posted 8 years ago in April 2012
Post # 17
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m swinging back and forth between amped and worried! My deadline was yesterday and I still have about 10 of 50 RSVPs not returned (mostly people my Future Mother-In-Law invited – hah!) So much to take care of and the fact that I don’t even know how much food is gonna end up costing is so not helping. Also, why did I plan on getting married during tax month?

Post # 18
273 posts
Helper bee

I had to follow up with 8 couples (10% of the invited guests) – and I am still following up with them.  Most of them are people that my mom wanted to be invited, so I assumed that she would follow up with them.  Evidently she wants me to do it, but doesn’t have anyone’s phone numbers.   I don’t mind doing it, but I really am so upset that in a 6 week time span these people can’t have the courtesy to put the rsvp card back in the mail.  

Also, I had one great-aunt that I’ve never met who my parents figured ‘would never come but would like an invitation’ – oh yeah, you can see where this is going.  On her RSVP, she indicates that she wants to bring along both of her 50-something daughters and their husbands even though I only gave her a +1…not a +4.  Also, my parents don’t seem to have her actual phone number, so now I have to write her a letter telling her that I can only reserve a spot for one person in addition to her.  Nice.  I have a feeling they won’t even come in the end which will frustrate me even more.

If anything drives me to crazy obsessive mode, it will be these stragglers and drama queens.

Post # 19
11267 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@lmoss78:  i can’t believe someone would include so many more guests on their rsvp.  that is so rude.  it’s amazing how many times i have heard this happening.

Post # 20
273 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@mypinkshoes:  If they actually come – I won’t worry about it.  My parents were very generous in helping out with the wedding, so I have no problem inviting people that they want to see.  If they bail after I have to give final headcount though…I won’t be so nice about it!

Only 2.5 weeks to go!  After that, I won’t have to deal with this ridiculousness….

Post # 21
11267 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@lmoss78:  that’s a good attitude towards it.  why dwell on it, right?  i know, only 18 days away.  i just sent my venue our final numbers, our seating plan and the meal selections/guest.  just going over my checklist.  things seem to be falling into place. 

it is getting very real.

The topic ‘April 28, 2012 – One Month Countdown’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors