(Closed) April 30th 2011, planning to early?

posted 8 years ago in April 2011
Post # 3
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Oh yes! As soon as I got engaged, I started looking around and I heard that response with everything! But that didn’t stop me :”]] I still booked places and made decisions.

Although there are still a few things that I haven’t decided on yet and now I’m starting to hear “oh my you are doing this pretty late, although we still have time.” No, I didn’t start late, I just haven’t found anything good enough!

But i’m right there with yah, I would rather have everything done so when it does come down to crunch time, I don’t have to stress about things.

Post # 4
1667 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

everyone keeps telling me I am way ahead of schedule and then they turn and say “but I am booking up fast for your date so let’s get a contract ASAP!”. . . .ok so If I am so early, then why does it sounds like I would be SOL if I had waited a month to call you?

Ignore them, planning early is so much better than planning last minute.

Post # 5
2588 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I take a ton of sh*t for starting early–from vendors, and especially family. But I’m a planner, and I want to get stuff done as early as possible!

Post # 6
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think that people in general when they see a wedding with a year not in the year we’re in, they’re like oh that’s next year that’s so far away…but 2011 is in 3 months and your wedding is in 7 and a half months – that’s not long!

-Good Luck!

Post # 7
743 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Do what YOU want to do!  I too like to get things settles early….besides, if you have plenty of time, then you also have plenty of time to try to bargin with your vendors or shop around if you don’t t like their prices….

Post # 8
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I started just a few weeks before the 1 year mark and ALL i heard was well these dates have been taken for 2 years now… 2 years?!? really??

Post # 10
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

When I was booking vendors in ’09 for our wedding, I normally got a lot of jokes from the vendors saying “hmmm, well I can safely say that I’m available then”.

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hi!

We’ve only been planning a month and all we hear is that we’re leaving it a bit late so get all panicky. Especially with wedding dress shopsthey are saying I’m almost too late to order and must choose as soon as possible! But we’re just taking it easy making as many appointments as possible and not making on the spot decisions. I think the most to do is book the venue and photographer (our venue is booked just everything else to go)! Most people I speak to have said to plan a year in advance. Oh well.

Post # 12
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I feel the same way! I know, as an event planner, the importance of getting an early start to avoid last-minute stress/problems… When we began scoping out vendors we got alot of comments about the date being over a year away.  On the other hand, we alot got props from a few vendors for being on top of things and I’m so glad we jumped right in!!

The topic ‘April 30th 2011, planning to early?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors