(Closed) Are four bridesmaids enough for a 200 guest wedding

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
7901 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

Yes. If you are trying to have the suggested number of attendants to guests, it’s 1 male, 1 female per 50 guests, so 4 is just right. Most people completely ignore this.

Post # 4
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Emmacg03:  You can have as many bridesmaids as you want regardless of the guest count.  Four is perfect in my opinion!  I had three for my wedding.

Post # 5
1755 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@Emmacg03:  I think that’s plenty.  The bigger the bridal party, the bigger the drama and headaches.  It’s better to have 1 person you care about than 8 you aren’t close to.  Your number is fine.

Post # 6
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@mrsSonthebeach:  What!? There’s actually a rule?? Lol.  I’ve never heard of that! 

Post # 9
2652 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Catholic Church

The number of bridesmaids relative to the number of guests is no longer something that people pay attention to. For instance, I had 6 BMs and Darling Husband had 8 GMs but we only had around 100 guests. It’s more about having the people you want to be a part of your day standing with you than it is about matching the numbers these days. 🙂

Post # 10
3765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

My wedding will have 250 guests. I have three bridesmaids.

Post # 13
3765 posts
Honey bee

@Emmacg03:  The wedding is in February so no pics yet!

Post # 14
2652 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Catholic Church

@Emmacg03:  I love posting pics of my wedding (and it is definitely possible to post them, it’s the little green square above the comment box). Anything in particular you’re interested in seeing?

Post # 15
3765 posts
Honey bee

@ScottishMrs:  I agree. I would have 4 but one of my girls is in Korea til next May. I’d be forcing myself to put another girl in, so I stayed at three.

Post # 16
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m doing 3 bridesmaids for 150-200 guests (depends on how many people show up). I don’t think anyone pays attention to the rule mrsSonthebeach posted but it is a good guideline if you have no idea where to start. I would pick the people you want vs adding people you don’t like or cutting people you want to have with you just to fulfill an old rule.

The topic ‘Are four bridesmaids enough for a 200 guest wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors