(Closed) Are there any October 2010 brides out there???

posted 9 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m an October 2010 bride!!!  🙂 I am just starting to get back into the swing of things in terms of planning after taking a few months off to train for a marathon.  We got engaged November 2008 and I did a ton of stuff right away–we have our church, reception venue, caterer, dj and photographer all booked already.    How about you?

Post # 5
107 posts
Blushing bee

We are getting married a week after you, on the 9th!  So excited to finally be planning stuff.  Our color palette is in the midst of changing, but I am thinking we are finally finalized on champagne gold and a deep red (not “in your face” red, but burgundy-ish, I guess?).  What are your colors? 

Post # 6
7 posts
Newbee

Hii!! 10.10.10 is our date!! I am 35, and that day we will be 10 years together. It is a sunday, but that was the first day we laid eyes on each other… and we really want to keep our anniversary day.

First marriage for both. Super excited. but I cannot seem to find an age appropiate dress (and 10 years of living together).. I am all ears!!! Open to suggestions.. ladies,, your experience will be my winnings!!

Post # 7
107 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Pat2009!  That is so exciting…how cool that it will be 10/10/10 with 10 years together.  That is AWESOME.  I am not really a big help on the dress front (I don’t even have mine yet) but there are some fabulous designers out there.  What type of dress are you looking for?  With sleeves, without…short, long?

Post # 8
7 posts
Newbee

Well Amy,

I am really falling in love with the idea of a super intimate wedding in the venezian hotel in Las Vegas. Only closest family members and friends. I think max 25. Most of them coming from Venezuela, our home country. A would like a long dress, no fluffy, I am 35 I am a size 14.. hoping to be a 12 … dieting for that!

What color are you using? I am a black fan,. mostly black clothing.. thinking on having a white & black wedding, in regards to colors for cake, favors and the little things. How do you feel with the new trend in which a lace in place in the waist, like a belt? Am I too old for that? Really need help there.. I am all by myself. No family here. Just my big man..

Thinking in having just a very special dinner in the hotel with our intimate group. But we expect to share with them 3 days of fun in Vegas!! Then.. everyone back to Miami for 3 more days before going back home. We would like a celebration instead of a party for one night.. after all, its a celebration of a lifetime.

Thanks Amy!!! looking toward hearing from you!!

Girls in the board…. help would be highly appreciated!!!!

Laughing

Post # 9
298 posts
Helper bee

I’m an October 2010 girl too — getting married on the 2nd. Church and reception venue are booked, both in London. Top of the list now are dress and photographer — suspect those two things won’t be so simple!

Post # 10
967 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

10/2/10 here!!

So excited!!!

Post # 11
333 posts
Helper bee

We just set our date about a week ago — October 16, 2010!  We’re thinking about cool fall tones — plumbs, greens and whites, and we’re getting married north of Dallas. 

Post # 12
635 posts
Busy bee

I’ve had my date since last summer, so I can’t believe it’s almost a year out!!

Our colors are dark purple (plum), champagne, and mint green.

Post # 13
9 posts
Newbee

October 2010 bride here too! Our date is the 9th so almost 1 year out! So excited =)

Post # 14
3576 posts
Sugar bee

10/29/10 for us!  The major items are already checked off the list!  Venue/caterer, photographer, Dj and dress! 

Now it’s just everything else!  We got engaged over Memorial Day weekend 2009 and I’ve always wanted an October wedding but this October would have been waaaay to stressful to plan for in such a short period of time.  At least for me.

Our colors are aubergine, burnt orange and gold.

Post # 15
405 posts
Helper bee

October 2, 2010!!! My fiance and I are getting married up in the White Mountains at a wonderful little B&B that we fell in love with last Valentine’s Day weekend. It’s going to be a beautiful tent wedding and the leaves will be at peak color…I CANNOT wait! 🙂

Already have the venue, tent, caterer, DJ and photographer! Just got engaged on Sunday…but we started planning a little bit before we made it “official” since things book fast up there this time of year!

I can’t believe I have to wait a WHOLE year! lol!

Post # 16
7174 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Hi Oct 2010 gals!  Excited to find month/date twins! 🙂  I’m so excited to be able to take my time planning and not feel super rushed.  We have our venue for ceremony/reception and am working on the photographer.  DJ will be next.  Our colors are silver and black… might have to throw in a touch of something, but Fiance thinks white flowers for centerpieces will be nice – and I’m fine with that!

@pat2009 – what do you mean ‘age appropriate’?  you are YOUNG!  (I’m the same age!!) – and don’t think I need to alter my dress style because of age.  Maybe if I was much older (like by a couple decades!) would I rethink what the style (varying from typical wedding dresses)!  I’m not a fan of the lace in the middle – but I think there are a ton of gowns out there you can pick from!

The topic ‘Are there any October 2010 brides out there???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors