Post # 1
Are there certain characteristics/qualities/habits/etc about your SO that you have a hard time with? One of those things that you’ve learned to live with, that you’ve accepted as a part of him even though you don’t love it?
Big things, little things — it doesn’t matter, tell all!!
I lately have been pondering my own boy’s tendencies/habits that make me want to cringe.. But I usually just smile and ignore – because all in all, I love him deeply and the good outweighs the bad X a million 🙂
Post # 3
- Wedding: March 2011 - The Providence Biltmore
Ha. He moves everything. He never puts it away, just moves it. It drives. me. nuts. Love him anyway. 🙂
Post # 4
I said this on the other thread, but he can only do one thing at a time. Doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it drives me BONKERS when he will completely prepare one dish, set it on the table then go back into the kitchen and start from scratch on the 2nd. No matter how hard I try to get him to plate two dishes at the same time, he just refuses.
And of course I feel really bad for complaining because he is the most amazing, sweet, kind, caring, responsible, neat overall wonderful husband! I have it so good, I can’t even express it. So of course I’m a total brat!
Post # 5
I am reminding him all the time that we do not live in a water park because anything that he does that involves water–doing dishes or showering–he gets water all over the floor. One of these days he’ll stop right? Also, he never ever turns lights off.
I think I’ll hang on to him anyway.
Post # 6
haha… I love my man so much too!
buuuuuut…. he tends to be a little bit overly critical of stuff. Not necessarily of me, but just of how things are done or how other people do stuff. Usually he has good opinions, but I’m constantly reminding him that those things don’t matter in the end haha… oh well.
Post # 7
I def. can understand the whole moving things around issue. That is sooo my Fiance :). Hmmm, biggest thing is when he always has to know who was ‘on the other line’ when we have phone convos. Noo I don’t think he is paranoid that I am unfaithful or something, but it’s just an… interesting habit that he has >.
Post # 8
so my fiance has slight OCD when he showers, dresses, ANYTHING it has to be in a certain order. one day he was running late so i tried to pull an outfit and iron and place it on the bed for when he was done showering well when he got out and sawthe clothes there i threw him off of all his teps and he paced the room for a good 10 minuets before hanging it all back up and taking it back out!!!! WTF it made me so mad
Post # 9
LmAo….I was just thinking about this today! And the ONE thing that makes me go
!O_o? is that he eats his salad after his meal. He always says the same thing, and it makes me LOL just thinking about it, “I need something light and refreshing to end with.” HA. Ok I know a lot of ppl eat their salad after their meal, but I was always a pre-meal salad eater. Sigh oh well, we shall figure out how to live with each other for eternity regardles…
Post # 10
Ummm…I’m not quite sure why he feels this compulsive need to keep EVERY receipt he’s ever gotten…from the $2.57 he spent on soda and gum at the gas station, to the time I sent him to the store to buy tampons. I WISH I WAS EXAGGERATING! They just accumulate on the kitchen counter, dresser, desk, everywhere. Once in awhile I go through them, toss the obviously ridiculous ones, put a paper clip on the rest, stick ’em to the fridge, and report to him that he must go through them…a few months later I throw them away. Drives me nuts!
Random business cards too. And ticket stubs. Junk mail. I’m drowning in it.
Post # 11
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
The boy is kind of a pushover in certain situations, and I always get mad at him when it happens. Some examples:
- Whenever we go grocery shopping and can’t find a parking spot in the lot (which is ALWAYS), he refuses to stop and wait if he sees someone loading their groceries into the car. I’m always like “Look, those people are leaving!” but he thinks it’s rude to wait while they’re getting ready to leave. So then we end up parking a million miles away.
- Another time, we found a nice, close spot but there were some little kids standing in the spot – their mother’s minivan was parked right next to it and she was loading her bags in. Instead of rolling down the window to ask the woman to get her kids out of the way, he drove away, because he didn’t want to be rude. Never mind that those kids shouldn’t have been hanging out in a random parking space anyway.
- He refuses to recline his seat on an airplane because he thinks it’s rude to the person behind him. He’d rather be uncomfortable the whole time. We flew from Philly to San Diego earlier this year and he spent 5.5 hours straight up, with his face like 6 inches from the back of the person in front of him (who was reclining like a normal person).
- We used to live on a fairly busy city street, and he wouldn’t parallel park on our block if there was someone behind him. He said that it was rude to make them wait while he parked, so he’d drive ALLLLLLL around the block and try again. If someone else was behind him, he’d drive around again. I used to get SO frustrated. Part of living in the city is waiting for people to parallel park. It’s not RUDE to take your time parking, it’s just safe.
There are more but those are the biggies. He’s always inconveniencing himself for fear of being rude. And he’s never rude. Sigh.
Post # 12
Danadelphia, that’s so funny, because I do the same thing with the parallel parking and airplane seats! But I will sit and wait for people to get out of my way so I can park in their space! Your guy sounds like a considerate person, more people should be concerned about being rude.
Post # 13
@danadelphia: lol i feel your pain!!! My Fiance won’t go to the same extremes, but he does worry too much about being nice to people etc. And then in some other occasions, he gets REALLY annoyed with people. So I never know what to expect 🙂
Post # 14
My Fiance eats TOO loudly!!!!! And I really, really, really hate it. I can’t stand it. I was once staying in a hotel in China for a little bit (and I’m not being prejudist, so apologies to any Chinese people I migth offend), and I understand it’s their culture that they eat quite loudly, so I had to bring my mp3 player to the hotel restaurant every morning during breakfast, otherwise I couldn’t eat!!!
He knows how much it bothers me so he really tries to eat quietly, but then sometimes he forgets… and it drives me crazy!!!
Post # 15
Fiance is germophobic. He’s obssessed with hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, paper towels and washing his hands. Sounds great, right–a clean guy?? Well, it can get to be a little bit much. Like the time I dropped the GPS on the floor of the car and he rubbed hand sanitizer all over it. And he’s selectively germophobic–he’ll let dishes pile up in the sink all week (ew) and let weeks go by without cleaning his bathroom (double ew), but if I’m snacking on the couch, he’ll come running out of the blue to me with a paper plate because God forbid I drop some crumbs on the couch! LOL! And for the longest time I wondered why all of my pairs of socks were missing a sock until he confessed that if a sock hits the ground when he’s unloading the dryer, he’ll throw it right back into the washer to be re-washed because “it’s contaminated.” Sigh.
Post # 16
@HoyaLawya2010: hahahah your Fiance sounds like me!!!! My Fiance doesn’t understand why I’d NEVER eat something that touched the (clean) floor or the table… but at the same time I won’t really clean the kitchen (I’d rather pay someone to do it :P)
I wish my Fiance was more like yours!!! I”d love a germ-free house