(Closed) Are They Jealous over my 2.25 carat diamond?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I guess so, but it seems to be a stupid thing to be jealous over, ignore them

Post # 4
3776 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2004

I wouldn’t be friends with someone so petty.  

Post # 5
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Um, your friends sound incredibly rude. I would do my best to ignore them, but if it gets to be too much I would tell them off. 

Post # 6
5958 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2018

….find new friends, it’s stupid to keep calling it fake and ridiculous for you to be upset.

Post # 7
9082 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I think it is ridiculous to assume anyone who doesn’t like or doesn’t believe something is real is jealous.

I don’t like large diamonds. If I saw a large diamond, I would assume it was fake, because large diamonds are expensive.

Am I jealous? No. I highly dislike large stones (especially diamonds) and lusting after it, or suffering jealousy would be the last thought on my mind.

Maybe they don’t like it? Does it matter?

Post # 9
764 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

UMMM yes Jealous big time … so rude too… IDK if I could have friends like that i’m sorry

Post # 10
9917 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

That’s a huge diamond, no wonder people are questioning it.  You know it’s real, so who cares?

Post # 11
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@JoshlovesMimi:  your ring sounds wonderful.  i wish i could say the same about your friends.  they are just simply jealous.  i would so love to see a pic of it.

Post # 12
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Who cares? Ignore them.

Post # 13
8042 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@JoshlovesMimi:  Find some friends with class!

Congrats on your engagement. I’d love to see some pics.

Post # 14
926 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

picture?? Haha I love looking at all rings! 🙂

sorry your friend sounds rude

Post # 16
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@JoshlovesMimi:  Perhaps instead of jealousy she is trying to say it as if “Wow, that is too big to be real, it has to be fake.” In her mind it could be a compliment. However, I will say that is the biggest downfall with larger carat jewelry. Most people are use to seeing smaller carats and just assume larger carat rings are fake. My mom has a 3.5 ct, ideal cut, G/SI2 round 25th anniversary ring from my dad, and when she wears it out she’s had people on more than one occassion ask where she got the ring because it was the “most realistic costume piece” they’ve ever seen. She usually just says “Oh my husband got it for me.” She doesn’t care if people think it is real or fake, in fact, she’d rather people think it was fake than having people know that she’s wearing a 30k ish rock on her finger. Usually she wears just her wedding band, so I can see why people would think it is fake.

The topic ‘Are They Jealous over my 2.25 carat diamond?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors