(Closed) are we going on a honeymoon? continued delays…

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: Please see below for my situation, thanks for your help, bees!
    Wait and do nothing, stop talking about it : (1 votes)
    7 %
    Try to convince husband to do a low-scale honeymoon : (2 votes)
    14 %
    Talk to FIL directly about the trip in the hopes of getting a budget or the trip booked directly : (10 votes)
    71 %
    Other (post your advice!) : (1 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 3
    202 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

    If he did offer, then you should approach him.  Gently of course.  I would plan 3 options of trips, ranging in price, and present them (with your husband) to your Father in Law.  For example, say “Thank you so much Father-In-Law, we’re so excited and honored that you would like to help us with our Honeymoon!  We’re thinking either A (somewhere crazy, like Fiji, for $$$$), or B (somewhere middle of the road, like Napa Valley?, for $$$), or C (somewhere local, like Cape Cod or another local resort depending where you are, for $$)” —

    and see what he says?

    Post # 4
    10 posts
    • Wedding: October 2011

    My sister had a similar situation (both the delay and the gift from her inlaws). she casually talked with her Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law and they worked it out. I think her husband just felt weird about getting the trip from his parents, like he sould be the one paying not them, but it’s a wedding gift. Her in-laws wer glad to get it taken care of and they had an awesome time.

    The topic ‘are we going on a honeymoon? continued delays…’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors