(Closed) Are you 100% honest on the Bee? Be honest!

posted 5 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 31
1295 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

If I don’t like something or it is not my taste, I do not comment. If someone is asking this vs. that, I will give honest feedback. I think I have even said once or twice, “I prefer this, but you should probably keep on looking.” There are quite a few trendy things right now that are not my taste, so I usually just keep on going for those posts. I someone point blank asks if something is bad or could be improoved, or a makeup trial is not good, I will be honest. 

I’m guessing that there are a lot of people here with different tastes, so there is alsmost always someone to chime in and say they love something.

Post # 32
1054 posts
Bumble bee

MexiPino:  I agree, that drives me nuts and people do it ALL THE TIME. Once I posted asking for favor ideas and explained that my venue doesn’t allow edible favors. Damn near everyone said “do food favors.” Ummm thanks for being zero help. 

I basically try to make all my comments helpful or nice, but I only say it if I mean it. I try to follow the THINK before you speak acronym… Is it true? Helpful? Inspiring? Neccesary? Kind? There have been a few where I thought the OP needed a reality check and commented, but mainly I keep my mouth shut. 

Post # 33
2769 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I only respond to things that I’m comfortable being honest about 🙂

Post # 34
1652 posts
Bumble bee

ScarlettOHara:  I’m cracking up reading this, have to say if I don’t like something I stay silent. Like they say, if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.  I will have to say some rings are totally not my cup of tea, that’s my opinion. Some people’s nails really need a good professional mani also.  And thats it in a nut shell. Honestly.

Post # 35
334 posts
Helper bee

I am totally honest on The Bee and IRL. One of the things I love about The Bee, is the kindness, help and support people show for one another, and I will not contribute to bringing that down. I give it straight but do so kindly, and if I don’t have anything nice to say, and if my opinions will not be helpful, I just don’t say anything. 

Post # 36
3090 posts
Sugar bee

Great question because I have wondered the same thing.I am known for being too much of a straight shooter so if I give a compliment (and I don’t comment on those types of forums too often), it is well deserved.

I would tell a Bee in a minute if something is not flattering.I rarely comment on rings unless I am blown away.If I were to ask an opinion,I really want brutal honesty.Please don’t say something nice just because you don’t want to say what you really feel.I would rather no comment at all.

Post # 37
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

MrsFiveOh:  ha! Yeah non-edible favors are like kryptonite here. I mean…. you can apparently have several hours between the ceremony and reception with nothing to do and that’s no problem but do NOT give your guests a free gift that will last more than a few seconds!!! lol I think a lot of people here use the annonymity and “being honest” to be straight up rude. I feel like telling people: You don’t need to answer EVERY thread. If you don’t like anything about something the poster is clearly happy with and you have no helpful comments, move on. The thread will survive without your snotty insight. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  MexiPino.
Post # 38
1527 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Sometimes I am too honest. I have this problem in life too, I tend to say things without thinking. When it comes to opinions and polls I usually answer honestly or not at all. My only exeption is when someone needs some encouragement and is basically already f*cked. If she hates her dress for good reason and it’s 2 days to the wedding then I think it’s better to say, “no it’s great!” and make someone in a bad position with no alternatives feel better than to say nothing.

Post # 39
258 posts
Helper bee

Re relationship advice stuff, I’m sometimes thinking “are you friggin KIDDING ME?!” but my actual response will be more polite.  Other than that, re wedding details and dress feedback etc., I’m 100% honest. 

Post # 40
1417 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

If I genuinely like something I’ll say so, or I’ll stay quiet and not respond. I’d never say I loved something when I didn’t. And if someone found their dream dress, for example, and it was the total opposite of my style, I’m not going to tell them that, I just leave. 

Post # 41
3875 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

ScarlettOHara:  I’m always constructive and try to give examples (with links) if I don’t like something. Otherwise, if I see a girl gushing about a dress that she purchased and she loved it, I don’t see the point of voicing my opinion if I disagree, so I simply don’t comment. But no, I do not come on and lie and say I like something if I don’t. I just keep quiet.

Post # 42
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Magnolia House

juliaGG:  I agree with you on that. If they already have the dress or whatever they are freaking out about and there is no time to do anything about it I just try to be encouraging.

I am like most people on here, If I like it I tell you, if I don’t I keep my mouth shut. If there is a poll I will vote keep looking or something but I try not to trash people and kill their confidence, if they like it they are the ones wearing it, not me. 

Post # 44
2968 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I generally try to be honest in a polite/constructive way. If someone is saying ‘omg I bought this’ I’m not gonna say it looks like garbage, but I might suggest accessories or alterations if it isn’t flattering. 

Generally, if I don’t like something 9/10 times its because it’s not my taste or style. So I will say that it’s nice, even though it’s not my cup of tea. 

Post # 45
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2016 - Sacred Heart Catholic Church

ScarlettOHara:  yes ma’am!  I love that dress!

The topic ‘Are you 100% honest on the Bee? Be honest!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors