(Closed) ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!!

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1058 posts
Bumble bee

@ms.oregon.state: awww that does suck. Just to let you know that I had a similar situation happen last year. It was July of last year and my step-sister had gotten engaged, then my friend got engaged plus she was pregnant with twins! Then I found out another friend just got pregnant. It was like all of this stuff happening all at once and I was like WTF?!?! and I started feeling shitty because my friend who got engaged and was preganant with twins had been with her boyfriend for only a year and I had been with my Boyfriend or Best Friend at the time for almost 3! well little did I know that my Boyfriend or Best Friend at the time was planning on proposing to me and did in the beginning of September, so hopefully with all of the engagements going on around you maybe a proposal from your Boyfriend or Best Friend is closer than you thing so Chin up! 🙂

Post # 6
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

awwww **hugs** I’m sorry you’re going through this. Facebook can be so heartbreaking sometimes right?? Hopefully the weddings will fly by and they will give your boyfriend a friendly nudge in the right directions. We’re here for you whenever you need us 🙂

Post # 7
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

*hugs* It will all work out in the end dear!

Post # 8
231 posts
Helper bee

@ms.oregon.state: I am so sorry! I haven’t been with my SO as long as you and don’t plan on even getting serious about the waiting for 5 or so more months however my best friend just got engaged and I see it all the time on facebook too! It sucks! So, I can’t imagine how you feel! The bright side is that you are with a man you love and have had time to build a strong relationship! One day it will happen and it will be amazing! I am sure that is what everyone says, but it is true! mucho hugs!

Post # 10
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I know how you feel! A little while back a girl I know who is still in high school got engaged and I just wanted to pull my hair out!

Hang in there, it’ll happen!

Post # 11
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m familiar with how hard it sucks. facebook is the devil. I was just saying somewhere else that THREE of my exes got engaged this year so far, then an old friend who had been dating the girl he’s now engaged to for less than three months. They’re my favorite because the two of them post every step of their wedding planning all over my feed. So, I’m super glad for the constant reminder that by the time they’re married they’ll have known each other for less than 9 months.. I seriously get hulk rage sometimes. lol.

Post # 12
2695 posts
Sugar bee

@KoalaWalla: My friend has a countdown going. I love her but, agh! lol.

Post # 13
1088 posts
Bumble bee

Sending hugs your way.  Hang in there.  I know it’s rough. . .

Post # 15
2695 posts
Sugar bee

@ms.oregon.state: Yep! We’re at at like 85 days or so. Her friend (who I just added) has one too. 331 days.

Post # 16
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

3 weddings to go to means plenty of opportunities to take mental notes on what elements to incorporate into your own! so look at it as a summer of inspiration.

as for the people getting married after having known each other less than a year – good luck to them. in my personal and anecdotal experience, people don’t start showing their bad habits until at least 6 months in. so when people get engaged before dating, or even just knowing, someone that long, all i can think is that they don’t know what they’re getting themselves into. but everyone can live their life the way they want. i just don’t see the rush.

The topic ‘ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors