(Closed) Are you going to keep re-dipping your ring

posted 10 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Re-dipping your white gold ring?
    I will but most likely stop after 5 years. : (0 votes)
    I will continue to re-dip, always. : (52 votes)
    38 %
    I will re-dip every 5 years or so. : (25 votes)
    18 %
    I want the age to show, so no re-dipping. : (17 votes)
    13 %
    Other/Explain. : (6 votes)
    4 %
    Undecided. : (25 votes)
    18 %
    Re-dip once before the wedding, then let them age from then on out. : (11 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 47
    244 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I used to HATE HATE HATE the yellowing of my engagement ring (my wedding band has stayed pretty white) but now…. I kind of like it 🙂 might not replate for a while

Post # 48
    1568 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

So glad my ring is yellow gold after reading this thread. I just have to keep mine buffed and polished.

Post # 49
    2835 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

In my local area I can have it dipped and returned the same day so it really is not such a big deal.  I do not wear my ering all the time since I wear stand ins when doing messy things.  I do prefer the shiny white color the most so I will redip until life becomes to hetic.  You know babies and what not. 

Post # 50
    527 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

Both of my rings are white gold.  I got my engagement ring re-dipped the week before the wedding to match the wedding ring, but prior to that it hadn’t be done for 2 years.

With the insurance package we got for both rings, it included 1 free re-dip a year for the life of the buyer (so when I pass on and someone inherits them it won’t be valid) so I definately will be using that.

The topic ‘Are you going to keep re-dipping your ring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors