(Closed) Are you having a head table?

posted 7 years ago in Reception
  • poll: Are you doing a head table
    Head table : (49 votes)
    27 %
    Sweetheart table (bridal party with regular guests) : (85 votes)
    47 %
    A combination of sweetheart and head table : (20 votes)
    11 %
    Neither : (25 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 47
    3723 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

@excitedtobeMRSF:  We are doing a sweetheart table for the B&G only. My sister did this many moons ago and it worked well. Having sat at head tables, I do not care for them myself.

Post # 48
    552 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

We did a head table but SO’s sat with us at it. I wanted to do one long table with all the guests but DH didn’t like that idea. I went to one wedding where each of the Bridal Party “hosted” their own table. I sat with the B&G since I didn’t know anybody and ha flown across the country solo. I thought it was a great way to do things. 

Post # 49
    104 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

We are doing a sweetheart table.  I’m looking forward to having a few private moments with my new husband.  Also, I don’t like the idea of having my BMs and Groomsmen having to be seperated from their SOs.  Even though they may know quite a few people there, I feel that when you attend a wedding or formal type function, you should be able to sit with your spouse/SO.

Post # 50
    718 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

We’re going King Arthur style, headtable with dates included.  Which is lucky as two are dating each other and saves room 🙂

Post # 51
    1150 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

We’re having a sweetheart table. I feel like the head table is so awkward- like you’re on a panel discussion or something. 

I don’t want to separate our wedding party from their dates- we have only one bridesmaid-groomsman couple so I feel like we are being considerate. Plus, I like the idea of having a little time to talk and eat by ourselves 🙂

Post # 52
    2521 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

We are doing a head table only because that is one of the view things my fiance actually really wanted.  He is kind of a quiet guy, and surprised he loved the idea of getting attention for a day.  Any dates will sit separately.  Half the bridal party are from out of town, and the other half are currently single, so it is unlikely that everyone would bring a date.  His best man is married, but we will have her sitting at the table nearest to the headtable.  To me, it would seem random to have one extra girl who I’m not even friends with in the head table pictures.  I doubt she will have a problem (I definitely wouldn’t if I were asked to sit at a separate table from my fiance), and honestly if they can’t survive one meal without each other their relationship isn’t very good anyways.  Obviously she is invited to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  

Post # 53
    1192 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

We’re having a sweetheart table and our bridal party will be seated with their SOs and friends. I honestly didn’t even know people still did head tables until I went to a wedding last weekend with one. To me they just seem dated and rude to your bridal party.

Post # 54
    11231 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

I guess we did a combination? We did a sweetheart table and then a table for the BMs and their dates and another for the GMs and their dates. I’ve never heard of mixing the bridal party in with guests and I feel like that would be really awkward. I do not like head tables at all.

Post # 55
    732 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

We are still trying to decide, but went to a wedding where they had a round sweetheart table and then two rectangular tables on each side; one for the groomsmen and the other for the bridesmaids. They did an intricate setup with birch branches making almost a chuppah like frame over the sweetheart table with a chandelier hanging down over them, and tied branches above the long tables…it was gorgeous! Would love to do something similar, but we’ll have to see if the budget can afford it… Good luck to you!

The topic ‘Are you having a head table?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors