(Closed) Are you high or low maintenance?

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Are you high or low maintenance?
    High Maintenance : (100 votes)
    35 %
    Low Maintenance : (188 votes)
    65 %
  • Post # 47
    238 posts
    Helper bee

I’m high maintenance. I love wearing dresses. I love delicate, lace, and pretty things. I wear makeup that looks natural, kinda a “no makeup makeup look” lol but I invest in good high end products.

emotionally, Im high maintenance as well. Not in the bad way, but like a PP said, like asking him to scratch my back, kiss me, hug me, hold me, asking how do I look today? The only awful thing I ask when I’m feeling self conscious I ask him if he loves me. Just to hear him say yesssss. Lol

He on the other hand is so low maintenance! Such a guy for ya haha

Post # 48
    1306 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

High maintenance. I like attention form my DH, and he does things to take care/spoil me. I am also very particular in they way I like things (how dishes are washed, clothes folded etc.). I also like to look nice, and currenty do my hair/makeup almost every day.

FTR: We are currently in financial hardship (I am in school, not working much and paying FULL tuition, books, instruments, dental materials etc.) and have been more needy to feel better about it. That’s my theory anyway.

Post # 49
    384 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
    @OEC:  That’s so funny! I know people like that too. What show is that from?

Post # 50
    2814 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I’m low maintenance.  I don’t care about brands or labels.  I’d much rather wear bum clothes than get dressed up.  I don’t style my hair.  It actually takes me less time to get ready than DH.  I am picky about some things though, kind of like 

View original reply
    @LovelyLaura.  I’m pretty picky about food, laundry, how dishes are put in the dishwasher, etc.  

Post # 51
    57 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

High maintenance- for my physical appearance. I spend time on my body. I enjoy working out and I like the way it makes me feel. I like being physically fit and I like being capable of mastering different physical challenges. I also put an hour in each morning for a shower, makeup, hair, breakfast and getting dressed. I enjoy getting ready and feeling my best. That’s how I start off my day right, by feeling the very best about myself. 

Low maintenance- for entertainment or attention. I really don’t need to do something entertaining, everyday or every night. I enjoy relaxing, having a beer, hanging out.  That is actually one of the things that irritates me the most about people, saying you are bored all the time. I also don’t like being the center of attention. If someone else needs that attention, great! 

Post # 52
    65 posts
    Worker bee

View original reply
    @MeelaMay:  Oops, sorry I didn’t source it – I thought everyone knew that movie! It’s from When Harry Met Sally (one of my faves).

Post # 53
    9815 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

I used to be high maintenance when I was younger, but I don’t have time for that shit anymore.

Post # 54
    2359 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

honestly it depends on my budget, haha 

I like to be comfy and dress comfy, but i only shop name brands mainly, i like expensive clothes but they aren’t dressy clothes, if that makes sense.  My sister bought me a Volcom knock off sweater once and i was mortified,  it’s still unworn in my closet.   I actually really don’t like getting dressed up and try to avoid it

I don’t wear alot of make up, but i do like to go get mani’s and pedi’s often and my eyebrows done, and go for massages.  my hair is pretty easy to maintain

I’m also easy to please, i go with the flow – it doesn’t always have to be my way or the highway.

emotionally – i’m not high maintenance unless i’m sick, haha.

Post # 55
    384 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
    @OEC:  Ah, seems so obvious now since it’s all Harry and Sally talking. Still haven’t seen that movie. Thanks

Post # 56
    1561 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

Low maintanence in appearance.  High maintanence when it comes to how clean my house is and how picky I am with food.  For instance, below are two pictures that show a breakfast dish my husband would eat, and what I would eat: (mine is first)

Post # 57
    6112 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

While I would never go to the grocery store in sweats or pajama pants, and pretty much have to have mascara on and some lip color at a minimum and my hair nice – I buy all my clothes at a thrift store (I go for nice brands), would never spend more than $10 on a purse and do not wear high heeled shoes only if it’s a special event.  So I want to look nice but not for a lot of $$.

Post # 58
    36 posts
    Newbee

According to the spouse, I am low maintenance unless I’m stressed. 

Post # 59
    8469 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2012

I wish there was a medium maintenance box to check off because I’d probably go with that. 

I’m very into looking my best.  I get up at 5 a.m. every work morning to do my makeup, hair, dress nice.. I make sure everything I wear is ironed.  However, I don’t shop in high end stores like Banana Republic or Coach.. I stick to stores like NY & Co and I buy my pocketbooks in department stores WHEN I can use a coupon. 

I can eat a perfectly nice meal at an Irish pub as opposed to a fancy Italian restaurant. 

When my husband and I went ring shopping, I chose a 1.25 ct center stone instead of something larger.  (I got a 1.18 ct center stone, so he did fine Wink).

Post # 60
    1251 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2009

I care about my physical appearance; I don’t want to look like a slob, but I’m not going to spend 30 minutes on makeup. I usually just let my hair air dry, straighten it (occasionally) and then put on basic makeup (if any). I can just as easily get dressed up to go somewhere nice as I can put on a pair of old sweats and eat popcorn on the couch.

Emotionally, I am high maintenance. I like foot rubs, being taken to get coffee at all hours of the night, being kissed, etc. but I’m not needy about hearing how much FH loves me, and I don’t have to be taken to fancy restaurants for dates. I can eat at a BBQ place and feel right at home, or we can take a picnic and hike in the woods.

I’m not materialistically high maintenance, but I am somewhat emotionally high maintenance. Overall, I’m in the middle.

Post # 61
    1584 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

SUPER low maintenance. I roll out of bed at 6:50 and I’m out the door at 7 most mornings (I shower after work). I don’t wear makeup. When it comes to mental state I’m also MAJORLY easygoing. I’m easy like Sunday morning.

The topic ‘Are you high or low maintenance?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors