(Closed) Are you inviting more people than your cutoff number?

posted 9 years ago in Paper
  • poll: Did you invite more guests than your target #?
    Yes : (26 votes)
    59 %
    No, stick with the B list for declines : (16 votes)
    36 %
    Other/Explain : (2 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 17
    8373 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

I was not comfortable with the idea of inviting even one person more than the number my venue could hold.  However, because I knew that I would get some declines, I had my calligrapher prepare envelopes for my top B-list guests, and as soon as we received word from some of our extended family who were not able to attend, I was putting more invitations into the mail. I continued this process (asking the calligrapher to prepare additional envelopes as I went along) until it became too late to invite additional guests.

By doing this, I was able to invite a number of friends who were not able to be on our original guest list.

Post # 18
    2925 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

We can have any number at the wedding, I guess. But we’re aiming for 75ish and inviting about 100. It’s normal to expect some declines, but I wouldn’t mess with it if you have a strict cut off for the venue size.

Post # 20
    756 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Yes we are.  Some of them live half across the world and I can’t imagine they will come.  Like my FI’s grandparents.  He wants to invite them but they live in england and I really doubt they will come

Post # 21
    1438 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Our venue held 120 for a seated dinner, we invited 112, and 99 showed up, which was still more then what we wanted, we were aiming for 80-85 final count.

The topic ‘Are you inviting more people than your cutoff number?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors