(Closed) Are you the first of your friends to get engaged/married?

posted 7 years ago in 20 Something
  • poll: Are you the first of your friends to get engaged/married
    First to get engaged,and first/will be first to get married. : (354 votes)
    46 %
    First to get engaged, but not first/will not be first to get married. : (73 votes)
    10 %
    Not the first to get engaged, but first/will be first to get married. : (35 votes)
    5 %
    Not the first to get engaged, and not the first/will not be first to get married. : (305 votes)
    40 %
  • Post # 77
    78 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I got engaged/married when I was 21, and was the first of my friends to.

Post # 78
    101 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I’m 21 and will be 22 when we get married. Fiance will be 24. He’s the first out of his friends, and I’m one of the last out of my friends. Both our families were thrilled when they found out he was going to propose. 

Post # 79
    4027 posts
    Honey bee

We have actually been together the longest (9 1/2 years) and will be the last to get married among our group of friends! 

I posted another thread on this, but we actually have to attend 5 weddings this summer (including our own). 

Post # 80
    1218 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

In some groups of friends, yes (high school and uni friends) but not the first out of all of my friends. A few of my friends are older than me – I’m 24, they’re in their late 20s – so some of them were engaged/married before me. So far I’ve been to four of my friends’ weddings.

Out of FI’s group of eight close friends, four are married but Fiance is the only currently engaged one. He’s a bit older though (30).

Post # 81
    2142 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

We were sort of first, 2 of our group of friends are engaged and got engaged before us, but we didn’t meet them until after we were engaged already. We’re 21 and 22, they’re 23 and 26. I don’t know which of us will get married first.

Post # 82
    238 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

We were the first in social group to be engaged, with another couple following a few weeks later. Family wise we fall in the “young ones” range, so def not the first! 

Post # 83
    1478 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013 - Creek club at ion, SC

I was one of the first to get engaged but certainly not to get married. Many have eloped or just done it super quick.

Many of my friends have had babies first and i dont think they are considering marriage

Post # 84
    1212 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013 - Franklin Plaza

In college I had a close group of friends:  myself and 3 other girls.  All of us ended up in serious, long-term relationships with guys all from the same fraternity house.  All but one of us are now engaged (and we are expecting the final girl to be engaged shortly- her bf has been asking about rings).  We got engaged in the reverse order of how long we have been dating.  My fiance and I were dating for the shortest amount of time ( 4 1/2 years) when we got engaged and my not-yet-engaged friend and her bf have been dating for just under 6 years.  We are also all getting married in the order we were engaged, so I will be getting married first.

Post # 85
    349 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

We got engaged late last year and will marry later this year.. So I was 19 when he popped the question and will be married by 19.
    Definitely the first of my friends to get engaged/tie the knot 🙂

Post # 86
    11 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

yes i am the first of my friends to get married. my Fi is not the first of his friends. our friends an loveones are very happy for US! i will be 24 an Fi will be 28. we also have 2 wonderful children 7mth Daughter an 61/2 year old son. 

Post # 87
    578 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

I definitely won’t be the first! I will only be 22 when we get married, but most of my friends did not go to college or university and married before 20. My fiance will be 23, and some of his friends married at about 20 as well. We waited so that I could graduate and work for almost 2 years 🙂

Post # 88
    1105 posts
    Bumble bee

Definiteiy NOT the first to get engaged (no ring yet!) and thus will not be the first to get married. Also our date is 2015 so by then, many friends will be married for sure.

Post # 89
    90 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I’m definitely not the first, there are only 2 behind me, but Fiance is the first of his friends.

Post # 90
    2530 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I will be 27 when we get married and my fiancé, 28. Some of his friends are married and some are not…most in long term relationships at least. I am one of the last to get married in my friendship groups but first in one, if that makes sense!

Post # 91
    503 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

I’m 28, FH is 32…. All of his friends are in their mid to late 30’s and all of my friends are in their early 30’s so we’re definitely not the first anything. He has friends who just celebrated their 10 year wedding anniversary, haha.

The topic ‘Are you the first of your friends to get engaged/married?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors