(Closed) Are you the youngest? A middle child? The oldest? An only? How about your SO?

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: What's your situation?
    I'm the youngest and so is he. : (33 votes)
    9 %
    I'm the youngest and he is a middle child. : (16 votes)
    4 %
    I'm the youngest and he is the oldest. : (42 votes)
    11 %
    I'm the youngest and he is an only child. : (8 votes)
    2 %
    I'm a middle child and so is he. : (11 votes)
    3 %
    I'm a middle child and he's the youngest. : (16 votes)
    4 %
    I'm a middle child and he's the oldest. : (26 votes)
    7 %
    I'm a middle child and he is an only child. : (3 votes)
    1 %
    I'm the oldest and he is too. : (65 votes)
    18 %
  • Post # 32
    2141 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I’m the youngest of 6 and so is he. I have 4 brothers and had a sister who passed when she was a baby. He has 4 sisters and his brother just recently passed.

Post # 33
    561 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

My SO and I have kind of weird similar family situatiions. I am a middle child, I have two older sisters who are fifteen and thirteen years older than me (both half sisters, technically, one from each parent, though to me a sister is a sister), and one younger sister . So although I am middle child, I feel like an oldest child, because my sisters were both out of the house by the time I started kindergarten. I literally have no memories of us all living together under one roof because I was so young. I tend to relate to/gravitate towards oldest children as well. My SO has a half sibling who is sixteen years older than him, and a younger sibling, putting him in the exact same situation.

Post # 35
    2491 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I’m the oldest and he is the middle of three boys. My mom is the youngest and my dad is the middle of three boys! I love that 🙂

Post # 36
    16 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I’m the oldest, and so is he!

Post # 37
    1934 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Technically, we’re both youngests.

However, I was adopted.  In my adopted family, I’m the youngest of the whole family (including cousins I consider siblings).  In my birth family, I’m the only (and the oldest of all the cousins)  It’s so weird to be on opposite ends of the spectrum!

Post # 38
    1398 posts
    Bumble bee

I’m the youngest and he is a triplet.  He is the oldest triplet if that counts.

Post # 39
    13900 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I’m the middle of three kids, and he’s the oldest of two. 

Post # 40
    1331 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I don’t know how to answer. I’m the oldest of two, but I never know whether to count DH as an only child or the youngest. He has an older half-brother from his father’s first marriage, but he was raised half the time in DH’s house. But DH is his mom’s only.

Post # 41
    399 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I’m the youngest of 4 (3 older brothers), and he’s the oldest of 3 (a younger sister my age and a younger brother).

Post # 42
    544 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m the youngest (1 sister) and he’s the youngest (3 brothers). We were raised completely differently (his parents were not attentive, my parents were overly attentive)…but we both have very similar attitudes toward life and the ability to compromise and share well is one facet of our relationship that is different from any other I’ve been in (both times with only children)

My sister wishes and acts like she grew up as an only child and is in a relationship with an only child. They are both fairly selfish (him moreso than her) which creates conflict in their relationship because neither one wants to budge or give in to the other. She tends to give in to him way more often than the other way around.

Post # 43
    658 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

We’re both the oldest

Post # 44
    13094 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I’m the oldest of 3 and DH is the oldest of 2.

Post # 45
    7774 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

We are both the youngest of three and both have 2 older brothers, although one of his is a half-brother.

Post # 46
    2724 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

Only & I married an oldest 

The topic ‘Are you the youngest? A middle child? The oldest? An only? How about your SO?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors