(Closed) ARGH. Now I’m stuck with 2 dresses & I’m SO torn. (pic heavy)

posted 9 years ago in Dress
  • poll: WHICH DRESS IS MORE WOW? (Note- both already purchased)
    1: chiffon modified A-line : (250 votes)
    45 %
    2: lace trumpet : (308 votes)
    55 %
  • Post # 29
    1485 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I prefer the lace trumpet!

Post # 30
    3977 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

The silhouette of the first is really pretty and you look great in it. The belt is a bit heavy and the side view along the fabric gathers is a tad awkward but still very pretty.

The second one is gorgeous. I love the neckline. I love the fabric. The fit on you is really lovely. Like it a lot.

Voting for the lace 2nd one for sure.

Post # 31
    5110 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2011

Hands down dress number one πŸ™‚

Post # 32
    10849 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

Normally I’m a lace girl, but I love #1 on you. You have great shoulders and collarbones that totally get shown off in #1 but they just disappear in #2. I say rock #1!!

Post # 33
    4411 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2010 - Savannah, GA

If you’re planning on adding bling to the second one, then I have to vote for the first one. I don’t think adding stones to the lace one would look good at all.  It is richly romantic the way it is and I think bling would cheapen the overall look of it.  Otherwise, I would vote for it, because I love lace.  

The first one already had bling that I think really accentuates the glamour of it. I also think the A-line shape really flatters your body. 

Post # 34
    911 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I have no idea! I love them both! What suits your venue better?

Post # 35
    553 posts
    Busy bee

I had wondered about you and which dress you chose. πŸ™‚

Honestly, you are gorgeous (even without a face..lol) in both dresses. I can understand how difficult this decision is, considering both gowns are completely beautiful in very different ways. Being someone who is indecisive, I can totally relate. Now, onto my decision. Both dresses are very bridal, in my opinion. Of course, the first is more elegant and sophisticated. The second is romantic and youthful. The straps on the second are incredible and the fluidity of the first is gorgeous. Let’s talk accessories. I am not a fan of that particular veil with the lace dress. Maybe you should consider how you would like to decorate yourself on your wedding day. Do you want a more modern or traditional hairstyle, up or down, curls or straight and what about jewelry? Will you be going all out with crystals or stones or keeping it simple with pearls? Makeup will also be a determining factor. The dress is not the only thing you will wear on your wedding day. With more information about how you plan or want to look, otherwise, I think I could make a more informed decision. Since you are unbelievable in both dresses, I would love more details about how you plan to look on the day! Photos would even be appreciated of sample hairstyles, makeup or jewelry. See what you can do! πŸ™‚

Post # 36
    1726 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@Loribeth: I absolutely agree about adding “bling” to the lace dress. No, no, no! I also would avoid adding more volume to it with any sort of additional petticoat. You are very petite like me, and I figured out real quick when I first went dress shopping that bigger dresses tend to “eat” me.

I voted for the lace. What you said about it feeling more like “you” resonated with me… some dresses I tried on looked very “bridal” but made me feel out of place. If that one’s more your style, I think that’s an important thing to consider.

Post # 38
    4544 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

They both look stunning on you! But the first one I like a little more πŸ˜›

Post # 39
    3135 posts
    Sugar bee

You really do look gorgeous in both but I love love lllllllove the first one on you.

if it helps at all, I find the first to be, like you said, more dramatic and dare I say, a bit sexier. The lace one is romantic and timeless.

So maybe you could narrow it down to how you feel you want to present yourself that day?

Good luck! πŸ™‚

Post # 40
    153 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

i completely understand your indecisiveness because both look stunning on you! i would vote for the lace one though, so gorgeous!

Post # 41
    50 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

You really can’t go wrong with either dress! They are both georgous, buttttt..number 2 is more dramatic and unique πŸ™‚ my vote is 2

Post # 42
    3364 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

Post # 43
    5 posts
    Newbee

I think the 2nd one fits your body type best. This may sound weird but you have a nice collar bone/shoulder area, and I think the cut of the 2nd one is more flattering, particularly in the last picture where it’s over the shoulder. The first is beautiful, but the 2nd one is much more striking on you. Good luck!

The topic ‘ARGH. Now I’m stuck with 2 dresses & I’m SO torn. (pic heavy)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors