(Closed) ARGH. Now I’m stuck with 2 dresses & I’m SO torn. (pic heavy)

posted 9 years ago in Dress
  • poll: WHICH DRESS IS MORE WOW? (Note- both already purchased)

1: chiffon modified A-line

2: lace trumpet

• Post # 44
    553 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Swoontobee Mrs.G: Just checked out your gallery and noticed your potential bm dresses. Are you still planning on going with these dresses? If so, I would be swayed to go with bridal dress #1. I definitely think it would better match that style bm dress. However, considering your description of how you would like to look on your day, I would definitely prefer the lace dress on you. I think it is truly so lovely and more closely resembles the first dress (in your gallery) that you considered. I see a pattern of what you like and you have definitely upgraded to the Cincinatti. It looks amazing and will compliment the soft, romantic hair and makeup you hope for. It is important that you mentioned it is more “you”, since who else would you want to be there marrying your groom? 🙂 I tried on plenty of dresses and most looked great on other brides or in general, but didn’t feel like me. They had appeal and looked like the “traditional” or “expected” wedding dress, but they felt heavy or awkward and to “dress up” or unfamiliar to me. I was having a very difficult time deciding and almost went with what everybody else liked, assuming I would just have to feel uncomfortable and settle on my dress. Finally, we met and I chose the dress that I didn’t want to take off. I was ready to do up my hair and enjoy that night on the town with the fiance and that is how I knew it was the one. It may look less like what most brides are wearing, but it looked exactly like what I would be wearing when I say “I do” in May. You also might want to consider the overall vibe of your wedding decor. If you want soft candlelight, flowers and romance (lace) or modern, traditional meets runway couture (1st). Again, you look amazing and will stun your husband and guests, either way. The lace gown is my vote. I simply do not think you could do any better. I say, hang her up and move onto to hair, makeup, jewelry, shoes, etc, etc, etc.. 😉 

Post # 45
    279 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Oh dang. you know how I feel about the lace one but you look amazing in the first one too. I still love the second one more. But seriously, you are so gorgeous that either choice you make will be fine. good luck!

Post # 46
    1701 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

This is one of the toughest polls I’ve seen!  As others noted, you can’t go wrong.  I LOVE the lace dress

HOWEVER…

You said that the first one makes you feel like a bride, which makes me think that’s the dress for you.

If you really can’t decide there are two other things you can look at.  One is money–after selling it, which one will cost you the least amount of money?  The other is to look at other people’s recaps.  What kind of dress do you love on other brides or think are inspirational for the look you want?

Post # 47
    781 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

OMG you look amazeballs in both!!!  The vibe that each dress exudes is so different though, does one match your venue or wedding theme more than the other?  But on first impression, I thought #1 was great that the dress didn’t look too big on you…THEN when i scrolled down to #2, you carry that dress so well and it looks so gorgeous and romantic. I vote for #2.  But you’re right, both are awesome, it’s hard to choose! Good luck!

Post # 48
    4801 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Usually it’s easy for me to pick…but this one is so hard!  They are both absolutely gorgeous.  You can’t go wrong. 

I love them both, but initially I thought “number one”!

Post # 49
    915 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

Yup, I understand your dilemma!  Both look AMAZING on you.  I like #2 just a tiny bit more.

Post # 50
    1351 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE FIRST DRESS!!!!!

Post # 51
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I agree with everyone else.  This is one of the hardest polls I’ve done!  You look gorgeous in both, but I think I have to go with the second one.  I normally don’t like lace, but this dress is so romantic and fits you so well.  

Post # 52
    3196 posts
    Sugar bee

I like the first one more because I don’t like the way the straps on the second lay. 

Post # 53
    3261 posts
    Sugar bee

this is the hardest dress poll, ever! but that being said, the lace is more romantic and flatters your figure amazingly!

Post # 54
    2699 posts
    Sugar bee

I love both… and with your figure, how could you go wrong seriously. I am going to be of no help, sorry.

Post # 55
    232 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

i love the first one!! beautiful!

Post # 56
    1126 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I like #1 more on you.  I sort of like #2 more in theory because it’s a little different and classier, but I don’t like the way there’s such an obvious seam between the tight part and the flare part.  So I’d say #1, but you really can’t go wrong.  Just pick one and be done with it.

Post # 57
    176 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

I also looked at your gallery and saw the one shoulder rhinestone dress you’re considering for your BM’s. If your BM’s are wearing that dress I definitely saw dress #1 as it creates a more cohesive look with the rhinestones around the waist and the flowy simple fabric.

However, I LOVE dress #2 because I adore lace dresses and this is one of the most romantic and exquisite lace dresses I’ve seen! I would only say choose dress #2 if your Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are different… something more feminine, minus the rhinestones. I just looked quickly at Dessy dress and found these great styles that have the rosette accent:

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/lelarose/lx146/

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/lelarose/lx148/

If you want a one should style and choose the lace dress you could also consider this for your BM’S as it a softer material and minus the rhinestones:

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/8005/

Also I agree with PP’s who say not to add bling to the lace dress…. it’s perfect as it is. If you want bling go with dress #1. 

You honestly cannot go wrong with either dress as they both look gorgeous, as do you!

Post # 58
    1312 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Number 2! So feminine and romantic. I love it! Of course, that’s my personal tast coming through in my opinion. Number 1 looks great on you too but there is just something about the flowy lace and the fit/style of number 2 that is just so beautiful.

The topic ‘ARGH. Now I’m stuck with 2 dresses & I’m SO torn. (pic heavy)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors