(Closed) ARGH. Now I’m stuck with 2 dresses & I’m SO torn. (pic heavy)

posted 9 years ago in Dress
  • poll: WHICH DRESS IS MORE WOW? (Note- both already purchased)

1: chiffon modified A-line

2: lace trumpet

• Post # 103
    124 posts
    Blushing bee

I didn’t vote… becuase they are both so great…

Maybe you should think about which one’s more ‘you’? As in, are you more of a ‘elegant-classy-with-a-modern-twitst’ or more of a ‘romantic-girly-pretty-lacy’ person?

Post # 104
    602 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Something I learned from my Fiance for help making decisions: flip a coin. If it lands on heads and you’re disappointed, you know that deep down you like the other one better. If not, you’ve got a decision made for you by fate.

The dresses both look awesome on you, you seem to love them both, the hive’s votes are very close and you have interested buyers for both of them. In the end, it’s probably in your best interest to just pick one at random and move on.

Post # 105
    38 posts
    Newbee

The second one looks more unique and interesting to me – and if you say you feel more like you in the 2nd maybe that’s better! I think it’s pretty dramatic too…

Post # 106
    2103 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

I think I would need to know more about your wedding theme, but I really love the lace one. It’s soooo gorgeous πŸ™‚

ETA: I read your description above and I think the lace would be great for the ceremony and the reception.

Post # 108
    73 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

My vote is for dress 2, and I’m not even usually a fan of trumpet style dresses. You look incredible in it plus it’s different and unique.

Post # 109
    1351 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

As far as my FIRST IMPRESSION- Number 2. By far. Even though we can’t see your face, it looks more like your personality. Like, I just got a feeling! My first impression of the first one is I didn’t like the bottom of it. Number 2 just looks like it was made for your body!

Post # 110
    404 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2016

View original reply
    @Swoontobee Mrs.G:  I am glad that the “flip the coin” method worked for you, and you found yourself rooting in the polls for the lace gown!  Do you think that the reason you were still torn is because of the BM’s dresses and the Modern Art Museum?  Like, say you eliminated those two factors, would you freely pick the lace gown?

I second EVERYONE’s opinions and advice, and everyone has done such a great job.  This is SUCH a hard decision and you SERIOUSLY look stunning in both.  I guess what I would say is this: the first dress, even though it is interesting and fashion forward and beautiful on you, it may look dated quickly.  It is a style a lot of Brides can pull off, and not a lot of Brides can look as STUNNING as you do in that delicate lace trumpet gown! 

It took a while for me to come to this conclusion, however, because it is such a close race.  But as soon as I heard you say Oudoor Rose Garden, I was like, that’s it.  It has to be the romantic lace gown.  I also read what you are thinking of doing with your hair, and I just think it will look beautiful with that gown.  I Oooohed and Aaahhed over this gown myself when I was dress shopping.  I knw you said you were worried about the other feeling more bridal, but this one feeling more like yourself.  First of all, to that I have to say that BOTH dresses are bridal in different ways.  So you will scream bride in either, no doubt πŸ™‚ BUT…to find a dress that makes you feel like YOU?  That’s important.  You will glow down that aisle if you are wearing something that you feel really represents your personal style.  You will be more confident than ever if you go with a gown that is an extension of your own self and personality.  πŸ™‚

Good luck!  Glad it’s you and not me!!  Such a hard decision either way! πŸ™‚  But my personal vote is Cincinnati!!

Post # 112
    1474 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I couldn’t pick one either, but the straps on the 2nd one finally sold me. <3

#2!

Post # 113
    404 posts
    Helper bee

You know what I just thought about?  There are things you want to modify about the first dress (i.e. neckline).  While modifications are not a bad thing at all, the lace gown is all-inclusive what you want, just the way it is! πŸ™‚ To me, that’s important when you have two dresses on the table. 

Glad you’ve kind of made your decision toward the lace gown!!! YAY!!  Keep us posted!

Post # 114
    404 posts
    Helper bee

I showed my mom and sister your photos, and they were obsessed with your first gown! LOL.  Not to confuse you even more!  But they begged me to share their opinion with you, so there you go.  I’m still a fan of the lace!

Post # 115
    404 posts
    Helper bee

Just to mention one more thing…have you thought about replacing the sash?  Maybe go with a slightly simpler one without a flower?  You should play around with that idea.  You have such a gorgeous figure, I would hate for that flower to overshadow you!  πŸ™‚ Just a thought!

Post # 116
    206 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

when I saw the first dress, I was like “WOW”! The second dress is beautiful too, more classic looking and timeless… but if you are going for the wow factor, go with #1. I think the strapless looks great on your figure!

The topic ‘ARGH. Now I’m stuck with 2 dresses & I’m SO torn. (pic heavy)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors