(Closed) ARGHHH! 300 persons wedding BOOKED ON THE SAME DAY AS MINE!

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I would for sure leave of the winky face, if not leave off the whole “offer me free stuff” lines. Otherwise looks fine.

I would be so disappointed. I’m so sorry.

Post # 4
4771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

God, I’m sorry.  that’s aweful. Of course no one will pay attention to you it’s the Owner’s Nephew! 100% on him.  That’s a given.  I’d honestly demand my deposit back and change venue.  They are stomping all over you. 

I assume you don’t have a contract where it says you’ll be the only wedding?  Sorry, hope it works out!

Post # 6
8695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I would change venues. One thing about my venue is they only do one wedding at a time anD they only have space for one wedding.

Post # 8
696 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@zonabee:  +1 but looks like she already sent the email.

Post # 9
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

oh no! i’m sorry this has added stress to your planning. i would be so upset too. i think it’s great that you have come to terms that there is (unfortunately) nothing you can do about this other wedding (being it’s the owner’s family). in my opinion the letter is perfect — you seem annoyed but patient and you definitely get your point across. it’s a letter they will take seriously — i’m sure it will work out. if the owner did not think these two weddings would be handled perfectly then i’m sure he would have asked his nephew to reconsider. they won’t push your wedding aside — like you said they are running a business and a good, reputable business will always strive to do their best. everything happens for a reason — your day will be beautiful. good luck and keep us posted 🙂 

Post # 12
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I don’t get the problem, many places hold two wedding receptions at once. Where I live it is normal. The day of our reception we will be having 200 guests and the other reception 300, and the hotel can manage it just fine.

Post # 14
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I didn’t realize it was both, that really sucks I hope you get an answer from the hotel right away and if they can’t possibly provide you with an amazing wedding and reception that you find an equally great place. The owner is really being … alot of things, and it’s so not fair to you and your Fiance.

Post # 16
2902 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

It sounds like it’s a boutique place on lots of land? I think you will be ok but understand you need confirmation the events wont clash. I think your email is fine and if you are friends with the guy then the banter will help, not hinder. Good luck!

The topic ‘ARGHHH! 300 persons wedding BOOKED ON THE SAME DAY AS MINE!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors