(Closed) Ashamed of your wedding?

posted 10 years ago in Emotional
  • poll: Do you feel that your wedding is subpar to some other weddings you have seen?
    No way! I loved everything about it! : (47 votes)
    53 %
    Maybe a little.. : (34 votes)
    39 %
    I hated how my wedding turned out! : (5 votes)
    6 %
    Other... : (2 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 17
    1026 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I went through the SAME FEELING!! But then i started going to our friends weddings and they really made me see its ALL about the personal touches!!! i realized this is MY day and now i dont stop to think at all about “what they will think??” (GASP) now as we make our selections i think while laughing oh man WHAT will they think!? will they get it? who cares we will!”  but yes, i was a wreck thinking of what other people would think and i felt awful!

Post # 18
    2297 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

By the time we got married, all our friends knew that we had been struggling for nine years to get NotFroofy a visa so she could stay here, and that we had been legally unable to marry for the first eight years of our relationship.  As one of my friends put it, “You could have invited people to come sit on a blanket with you with no food or drink, just to celebrate your marriage, and people would have been here and happy to do it.”

Post # 19
    262 posts
    Helper bee

Ive seen many lovely pictures of weddings done on here and out of this site, my wedding will be incredibly simple — without pretty much half of everything that many people are getting done. At times, i feel sad about it, but then I Realize that its a party.. and my loved ones will be there and thats all that matters– and its just a day where im celebrating to be with my love forever.. so SO what if its done a little differently.. you look back at your wedding not at how it was ” designed” but how happy you were that day that you get to prove to the rest of the world your happiness and love.

Post # 20
    611 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Well…  me (and my hometown friends) are much less classy than Fiance and his friends.  FI’s friends spent 50k (easily) on their weddings, where my friends’ weddings barely hit 10k.

Fiance and I are spending about 20k.  I think my family and friends will think it’s spectacular, but I bet his family and friends will think its “just Ok.”

I’m not worried about it though.  I’d rather have the extra 30k in my pocket than spend it on a fancy wedding.

Post # 21
    262 posts
    Helper bee

Im just going to add that we as brides need to re-evaluate ourselves to weddings.. If people can throw something huge then great, if not– still great! its the purpose of the wedding taking place in the first place.. (: When you look back at your pictures, your focusing on the day it self, and how you and your husband looked happy– not on the centerpeices and how you wish the wedding cake was different.

The topic ‘Ashamed of your wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors