(Closed) ASM 3297 … was wondering about pricing?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Oh jesus!!! I am in LOVE with this dress. I have not tried it on yet, but I have been doing some research and it is anywhere between $1800-$2300, depending on where you buy.

I had that amount in budget, but I also found an online replica maker (www.dressilyme.com), that can make it for $219, plus shipping. I think I am going to try that, the reviews are excellent on this company, there are several threads here about it, and I dont mind cutting costs when it comes to the dress.

The company is in China, and it takes about 20-25 to have your dress delivered, they sell standard sizes and also custom made dresses (you provide measurements). 

If you are up for it maybe you should give it a try.

Post # 6
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@Lovemyfuturehub: Most definitely I will let you know. Since I have time until my wedding, I am planning on ordering it, and if I am not pleased with the results, I will still have enough time to do damage control (order original) 

Post # 7
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Lovemyfuturehub:This is the first dress I fell in love with (not in person) when I got engaged. It’s gorgeous!! I wasn’t able to find it ANYWHERE to try it on… and no one was able to borrow it as part of the lender program for the designer, so I didn’t order it. I was quoted a tad over $1800 when I was on my hunt for it, though. Hope that helps. Would love to see pics if it ends up being THE dress for you!! 

Maggie Sottero also has a few dresses that are similar to this one. I ended up with a Maggie after I gave up on this one, and I couldn’t be happier! 🙂 

Post # 8
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I also fell in love with this dress via their website when I first got engaged. I couldn’t find it anywhere to try on, and I ended up buying a different dress. However, this dress haunted me for six months afterward and I ended up ordering it sight unseen a few months ago. I still haven’t seen it in person. It should be here by early July, and I absolutely love it.

I paid $1900 for it. Ouch… but totally worth it in my opinion.

Post # 11
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@Lovemyfuturehub: I went to a local bridal store who sells Sottero & Midgley and just told them I wanted to order it even though they didn’t have one there to try on. They looked at me like I had three heads, told me the price, then took my measurements.

I probably won’t sell mine, but there are a few girls on a thread here that are also getting the same dress in soon for their weddings that might be interested in selling.

Post # 12
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Lovemyfuturehub: I ended up buying Nora. It’s beautiful!!! Pics don’t do it justice at all. Has a very similar top to the ASM3297, which i think is what drew me to it (similar lace and beading).. but then it just floats out into tulle at the bottom. A very different kind of romantic 🙂 I may keep my ASM3297 pic forever though – there’s no forgetting your first love! 😛

Maggie’s Jovi and Brittney dresses are a somewhat similar style to this one, FYI. You might be able to get your hands on those and try them on to get a sense of how the shape works on you… that way if you order this one it won’t be AS sight unseen. 

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

hi peacockchris, 

i am very interested to know how you get on ordering a copy of this dress. i have also found a company in china offering to copy it.

i have purchased a us 6 from a bride and sadly it doesnt fit me. i am having it looked over by a dress maker but i fear the results will not be what i want.

so please let us know how you get on, quality etc. 

lisa

The topic ‘ASM 3297 … was wondering about pricing?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors