- Wedding: May 2015 - Our church and then at The Garden Room for the reception
May 24th? Yay, I have a date twin.
This looks like a lot, but I feel like we’re falling behind on the major things left to do:
– Booked the reception venue (the owner also provides emotional support and help with wedding planning) and paid the down payment
– Got a verbal agreement with our church to hold the ceremony there (they are still drawing up the contract, but they have given us a yes, for May 24, as the date.)
– In contact with a potential caterer and waiting to hear back from her to book our consultation and have a tasting.
– Bought my gown and am very excited about it.
– Asked bridal party
– Have a friendor who is a professional deejay. He wants to help us out, as his wedding gift to us.
– Bought garter
– Bought special faux flowers for an accessory I’m making
– Bought accessories for the bridesmaids & flowergirls
– Bought supplies for our DIY wedding invitations (from a special sale at a craft store)
– Bought several cake stands and a few special serving plates to pretty-up our dessert buffet table. (Thank you thrift and antique stores! Our budget thanks you, too lol.)
– Asked a friendor if I could book with her next year to do my hair
– Had a free wedding make-up consultation from a Mary Kay consultant, who is friends with Maid/Matron of Honor (now I have some ideas)
– Took engagement photo
– Designed our Save The Date
– Mailed 75% of Save The Dates
– Began discussing honeymoon options
– Found cute shoes to decorate for the ceremony (I may have to switch out to different shoes for the reception- long story!).
– Picked colors and potential theme(s)
– Chose paint shade swatches to give the bridesmaids dress-color ideas (they get to pick their own dress, with some guidelines from me)
– Began writing a newsletter for the bridesmaids introducing them to each other and with all of the dress/shoe guidelines
– Began researching a photographer
– Began discussing a wedding website
– Asked our officiant (pastor at our church)
– Found a few decorations for the reception venue
– Chosen the song for our “last dance of the night” (FI really had something he wanted our day to end with, and I couldn’t agree with him more)
– Found wedding rings
– Guest list 98% finalized
– Began discussing cake ideas
<br /><br />