(Closed) At what time should i be ready for a 5:30pm ceremony?

posted 9 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
14183 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

my ceremony’s at 6 with pics at 430. I’m getting MY hair done at like, 11am. Everyone else is going at 8am. Then makeup at 1230, 1:00, then back to my house for lunch and a break. Better to be done earlier than runnign behind b/c your hair is not going to move all day long! i’d almost say 1030 or 11 for you, just to get it done and over with. noon if you’re not doing pro makeup. i’m using my 1:00-3:00 afternoon break for a glass of wine and a sandwich for lunch =]. Also some chit chat with the girls and my fam to break up the whole wedding day so it isn’t bam-bam-bam and it flies by too fast

Post # 4
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

If you are taking some pre-ceremony pictures, I would check with your photographer to see what time he/she would like to begin taking pictures, and work backwards.

I am having a 2:00 p.m. ceremony and photographer wants to arrive at 12:30 p.m. with pictures of me "getting dressed."  We worked backwards and figured that hair and makeup had to start at 10:00 a.m. in order to be done in time for pics. 

Note:  Hair/makeup we have like two girls going at a time.  Also, the salon is on the same site where we are getting ready/having the reception (at a resort).  Finally, our ceremony site is literally 5 minutes away from where we are getting married.

Post # 5
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

My ceremony starts at 5:30, I am getting my make up at 12, my hair at 1 and getting being ready for pics at 2:30 and getting picked up at 4:30. It depends if your doing pics before. If not leave enough time for things to run late just in case. 

The topic ‘At what time should i be ready for a 5:30pm ceremony?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors