(Closed) AT&T changing their smart phone data plans…

posted 8 years ago in Technology
Post # 3
1250 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Whaaaa? I hadn’t heard about this. Wouldn’t I have been notified by AT&T about the change? Seems suspicious…

Post # 4
3125 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

This is why I left ATT in 2005 and went to Verizon. They wouldn’t let me add minutes to my plan without signing a 2 year contract that was way more expensive. That was the best they’d do for me and it was a LOT cheaper just to pay my bill and pay a verizon bill at the same time to run out the ATT contract. They just seem extra shifty and their service isn’t as solid as the one I get now w/ Verizon. Maybe you should get a droid and join the VZ network muahahah 😉

Post # 5
10366 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

No no no no no – if you ALREADY have an iPhone/iPad, you are grandfathered in. No need to do anyhting, nothing changes. If you are buying a BRAND NEW phone and signing on with AT&T for the first time, THEN you have to do these options. I use my phone constantly, and would still only need the 2GB plan – which would save me $5 a month if I was allowed to switch. I wish I could!

Post # 6
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - The Glen Manor House

I heard about this. I’m SO not a fan.

Post # 7
Hostess
18641 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

It’s only for new customers.  I’m guessing that if you buy a new iphone or ipad in a few years, you would be under the new rates though.

Post # 8
10366 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Ok, this actually isn’t evil. Not trying to defend AT&T guys, but seriously – I barely use over 200 MB of date – the cheapest option – and I use my phone ALL THE TIME. This actually gives people the freedom to not have to pay for data usage they aren’t using. It makes the crazy people who use over 2 GB a month and bog down the network pay for THEIR usage. ALl the plans for average to above average usage are CHEAPER than their current data plans. Chill out guys. I think this is actually a GOOD thing. Read the fine print, look at how much data you use, THEN freak out.

Post # 9
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I agree with crayfish…I was planning on getting around to check out what I use, but it’s only $15 for the 200 MB plan.  I do think it’s weird though not to get any official communication from AT&T…I read about it in the NY Times.

Post # 11
3125 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

If cell phone usage were simply about paying for what you use on the actual network, text messages would not be 15-25 cents each. they’d be like 25 cents for all of your little texts. Blah to cell phone companies!

Post # 12
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

They did the same thing when they lowered the unlimited calling plan from $99.99 to $69.99. I read about it in the news and was able to change my plan but it would have been nice if AT&T personally let me know. I wonder how many people are still paying the $99.99?

The topic ‘AT&T changing their smart phone data plans…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors