(Closed) Attention July 10, 2010 Brides – we have 100 days to go!!

posted 8 years ago in July 2010
Post # 3
402 posts
Helper bee

Oh boy! Oh boy!

*hyperventilates*

Calm down, calm down…

Post # 4
2066 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m so excited!!!!  Our tasting is on Thrusday and our invitations go out the following weekend.  I’m working on shower hostess gifts, ceremony music, programs, out of town bags, and our guest book. 

Post # 5
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

First dress fitting in a couple weeks! Shower is first week of May! More of the fun stuff is taking place.

Post # 6
133 posts
Blushing bee

We are making slooooow progress on the planning, but I’m trying not to worry too much. We still don’t have a photographer or a caterer. But, I know who I want, so next week (hopefully!) we will be interviewing them to make sure. Then I have to start making the invitations!

Post # 7
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Catholic Church & The Engine Room at Georgetown Studios

damn it!  Not enough time! 🙁  I have my first shower(s) in next week.  Anyone else hyperventilating yet?

Post # 8
9056 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m actually July 9th, but I’m going to jump in with you girls.

I’m actually strangely calm, and think I have everything under control, but have a slight worry that I’ve completely overlooked something major that’s going to send me into a panic in the near future.

Post # 9
2066 posts
Buzzing bee

@pretzel – Not hyperventaliting yet.  I go through phases where I’m stressing about how much I still have to do.  Other days I think I’m pretty on top of things.  I have a long to do list and I try to make progress every week.  I’m trying to get details taken care of now so I’m not as stressed and busy in June.

My first shower is on the 24th!!  I’m so excited!!

Post # 11
133 posts
Blushing bee

We got engaged in September 2009. We were originally planning on getting married in 2011, but around Christmas we decided we didn’t want to wait quite so long, and now we are getting married in July.

The whole planning thing has actually seemed really slow so far. It took a whole month to pin down the church, and then another month to negotiate and choose the reception site. We are starting to pick up in the planning process now, but sometimes I feel like it will never be over! Good thing the engagement is going to be ~a year shorter than originally planned, I think I would have driven myself crazy 🙂

Post # 12
1573 posts
Bumble bee

I still have about 112 day, ’cause I am at the later end of July…but it does feel kinda crazy.  I can’t believe I only have about 100 days left. I feel like I have so much to do still!

Post # 13
420 posts
Helper bee

omg when you say double digits i start to hyperventilate!!

i’m so behind compared to all of you!  this past week WAS productive, had engagement pics done, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered, and last night cake tasting and booked them!

still need to book hotel rooms (sched to do next week), dress hanging in closet 2 sizes too big (sample), havent even started w/invites, or the guys suits. 

in my defense i graduate (for the last time(?)) in 5 weeks!!  after that its major planning time!

@mrslouboutin- you read my mind!  i was just thinking, jeez last time i checked i had like 289 days!!  we also got engaged in august.  what just happened?!

Post # 14
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Mr. Turtle's Grandparents' backyard, Arroyo Grande, CA

We’re getting married on July 10th too! As soon as I saw “100 days” on our countdown I totally started panicking! Definitely need to kick this planning into high gear! Best wishes, fellow July 10 brides! Can’t wait to see all of your weddings! 🙂

Post # 15
68 posts
Worker bee

I’m late to this party and we’re now down to 96 days – holy crap! FH and I are moving out of state in 2 weeks, and we have been SO busy getting ready for that that I’ve hardly thought at all about wedding plans. I had a panic attack last week when I tried to write our programs and realized that I haven’t planned a single thing as far as the ceremony goes. I really need to work on our invitations, but I’m DIY-ing them and am just not in a position to work on them now because of the move. Luckily we are moving back to where the wedding will be (planning from 800 miles away has been a challenge!), so hopefully things will get easier to plan.

@mrslouboutin: we got engaged in May of 2009, so we had about 13 1/2 months to plan. One of the dates we were originally considering is April 30, and even though I sometimes wish the wedding would be here already, I’m starting to realize there’s no way we could have pulled it off if it were really only 3 weeks away!

Post # 16
222 posts
Helper bee

Ok-I TOTALLY missed the 100 day mark…whoops!  Looking forward to celebrating!

The topic ‘Attention July 10, 2010 Brides – we have 100 days to go!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors