(Closed) Aug 2011 Brides – Gone “Wedding Crazy” Yet?

posted 8 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We’ve got the venue, photographer, band, wedding party and officiant all figured out. Oh – and of course rough budget and guest list. I’m excited to get started on projects too but am trying to wait a little!! Wedding Bee really helps me get my wedding fix without annoying my FH and all my friends! I haven’t bought anything yet either – but will start dress shopping soon I think!

Ooh – I just noticed that you’re a Canadian too! Cool!

Post # 4
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m so glad you made this post! I recently had a nightmare in which I had about one day to organize our wedding–even though it’s over a year away! I’m an obsessive planner, so I think it’s gotten to me already πŸ™‚

We’ve booked our photographer, DJ (both friends/family connections), venue, and I am trying to get a solid catering quote this week (it’s through the venue, so if the quote and food quality is ridiculous, we will have to switch venues…) We have definitely set our budget, have asked one out of three potential attendants/witnesses (he said yes), and have an officiant in mind (I am actually nervous about contacting him so early). I am pretty sure about our colours, and I have a sweet invitation template bookmarked (along with 5 billion other wedding sites). 

I feel really embarassed to admit this part, but I also have one box of decor items that I found at like thrift stores etc. for next to nothing and fell in love with (so not much will be lost if I completely change my mind), I have all my candy bar jars (again, fell in love with them, and I can use them to store our grains etc. if we decide not to use them), and…the most embarassing part…2 pretty large boxes of chair covers, tablecloths, sashes and napkins that I ordered for a GREAT deal online (rewards points, seasonal discounts, and free shipping offer), since our venued-supplied linens are, frankly, really crappy. My fiance only knows about the chair covers, lol–I worry that I will freak him out a little when he finds out that there are in fact TWO heavy boxes in our storage room full of linens that won’t be touched until 13 months from now.

It’s kind of funny, because while we’re going for a small (50 guests), laid-back event, I still can’t help overthinking almost every aspect. Thank goodness my fiance is almost as excited as I am, and is always there to listen and give feedback on ideas that I come across. I was this obsessive over planning last summer’s Europe budget-backpacking trip, and we had a FANASTIC experience, so I think he understands that my thorough planning will pay off once again. πŸ™‚

@Firefighter_Bride: I’m also worried that I’ll change my mind before then–but I still can’t help scooping up some items here and there when I find great deals, haha.

@PrairieGirl: Wedding Bee is definitely the only thing keeping me from annoying my friends and family (and especially fiance) with “wedding talk,” haha. I’m pretty sure that on the surface, I seem kind of blase about the whole thing, when really, I’m on here multiple times a day πŸ™‚

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee

We are getting married in August 2011!! I have already booked my venue and purchased my dress =) My next step is to book the DJ and photographer. I cant wait!

Post # 7
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I have a mini panic attack everytime I read this thread. My Fiance and I are considering August 12/13 as a wedding date buy haven’t decided yet. We toured our first venue today which will DEFINETLY be our ceremony site. Tomorrow morning we are touring a venue for our reception. If all goes well I hope to have them booked by the end of the day. There is one other reception site I’d like to see as well, so we may hold of for another week. If we fall in love with a place and its not available for either of those dates, we are open to moving it. August works best with my work schedule and October works best with his, but I just HATE October for some unknown reason. I hope a year is enough time to pull it all together, especially since I am crazy busy at work from Jan-May, and I’ve taken additional responsibilities which will include traveling more.

GAH. Pretty sure typing all of this just stressed me out even more πŸ™

Post # 8
136 posts
Blushing bee

Lots of date twins!  Yay for 8/13/11!

In any case, I don’t know that I’d call myself “wedding crazy”… I’d like to think I’m just on top of the game, lol!  I’ve got the dress and the venue, and since the venue includes the food, cake, and DJ, it’s knocked out about 75% of the stuff I think I need to worry about right now.  I’m working on the photographer and picking invites (we’re DIYing) before classes start in August.  I think decor stuff will have to wait until the after Thanksgiving and Christmas sales…

Post # 9
32 posts
Newbee

We’ve booked the venue, honeymoon, and started buying/collecting decorations/projects. I have made sketches/notes/etc. of how I want to whole venue to look like. I am meeting with the photographer this week to officially book them. We have our DJ and caterer picked out, but we have yet to meet with them – probably will happen though in the next few weeks. I’ve got lists everywhere. My budget has been mapped out in so many different ways – what things will cost and how we are going to pay for it. I’ve even started to pick out what I want my bridesmaids to wear/what their gifts will be. I think the only things that still really need decided are our wedding bands and the invitations (everything else I at least have a vision for). It’s kind of crazy, but after I get back into school (law school that is) at the end of this August it will pretty much be nonstop until a couple of weeks before the wedding, so we are trying to get as much done as we can in our (little) free time.

Post # 10
61 posts
Worker bee

Definitely have the wedding fever here! We’ve got the hall, caterer, photographer, cake, DJ, officiant, and dress. We like to joke that if it weren’t for the $$, we could get it all over with THIS august! 

Honestly though, it’s great to see that I’m not the only one that’s super-prepared this early. Makes it feel that much more real! Congrats, everyone!

Post # 12
113 posts
Blushing bee

Hello August 2011 brides, especially the girls getting married on Aug. 13, like me!

I feel like we’re in a good spot right now — we have the reception venue picked out, I found my dress, he found a tux set up he likes, we have a good idea about who the photographer and DJ will be.

I like looking on Wedding Bee, but I’m not super into planning everything about this wedding, so I’m glad I have a lot of it figured out. We will have been engaged for 2.5 years by the time we’re married, so that means I’ve had a lot of time to think!

The only thing I’m worried about right now, is that we don’t have a ceremony venue! Our reception site offers a ceremony too, but it is pricier than what we wanted. So, we are still looking and it’s making me just a little bit nervous.

Post # 13
219 posts
Helper bee

Hello Ladies!!

I am trying VERY hard not to go crazy! But I LOVE havings lots of time to decide, research and make decisions. Its so wierd, I realised a few days ago that is almost a year until I get married, and i will actually have to start making some decision soon!

We have booked/bought:

Venue-inc food etc
Photgrapher
Bridesmaids Dresses
Wedding Dress
We are seeing a possible band for hire tonight
DJ
Sent Save the Dates (we live in the UK and have alot of people coming from overseas)

Next on My List:
Accessories for moi

Suits & Ties
Honeymoon (started Research)
Florist (Meeting in a few weeks)

What else is everyone doing? Does it bother anyone else when people keep saying ‘Oh, youve got AGES’- like there’s less to do, or as if its less important/not actually happening’?!Grrrr

(lol)

yaaaay! Its getting closer! Laughing

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey, im loving planning my wedding, im sooo gonna miss it when its over. Been engaged since last january so just started booking things over the last couple of months. Got church, marquee, dj/singer, hog roast & wedding dress sorted. Not choosing my bridesmaids til next year, except my sis who is gonna be head bridesmaid, but they’re all gonna be in purple dresses (i just decided that this morning ha ha) & all the flowers/the main theme is going to be white & greens. Decided 4 days ago to start looking for my wedding dress & found THE ONE straight away, it was the first one i tried on! Tried a few more on too but nothing compared & im very partucular, it was the very last one in the shop & was my size so i decided it was fate….& i went back the next day & bought it πŸ™‚ got a photographer lined up (friend of the family) and got a caterer to speak to who is recommended by the guy we’re getting the marquee off so will probs go with her cz they work together a lot. I really want something else to start planning for the wedding but thats pretty much eveything covered for now, its too soon to do all the other stuff. Should probs start looking for a florist but i dunno what else to do, its frustrating having to wait πŸ™

The topic ‘Aug 2011 Brides – Gone “Wedding Crazy” Yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors