(Closed) Aug 2012 brides- What vendors have you booked?

posted 8 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
2216 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We’ve picked our date, reserved our reception venue, and reserved our photobooth favor.  Next on the list is to reserve the church; we’re planning on meeting with the priest in the next couple of weeks.  I want to get the photographer booked, but haven’t found anyone in our price range that I’ve liked so far 🙁 

I’ve also started thinking about invitation designs, as well as, dresses.  I’m going to hold off for a couple more months before going dress shopping.  I want to wait for the new summer 2011 styles to come out.

Yay weddings!

Post # 4
7 posts
Newbee

We have our venue for the reception and ceremony booked. We are looking into DJs and photographers right now probably will have both booked by the summer. 

Post # 5
66 posts
Worker bee

We have church and reception venue Booked! We have had our photographer on notice no to book anything our day from the day we figured out the date! lol We know where we are getting our catering done and family is doing flowers and we knew who would be doing our cake BEFORE we got engaged! We still need a dj but i have time before i have to get worried about that!!! Its all soo exciting!

Post # 6
39 posts
Newbee

We have church and venue/caterer booked, DJ booked, and I’ve ordered my dress.  We have a photographer in mind that we will probably book this month, as well as a videographer.  Next on the list will be the limo and then I think we can relax a little…I’ve been pulling together a lot of ideas for now, and will probably start working on some DIY this spring/summer.

Post # 7
1664 posts
Bumble bee

We’ve picked our date, reserved the church, booked the venue, photographer, flowers, and D.J. I also have a friend who will be singing at the ceremony, which is all taken care of. I’m thinking of going dress shopping in the spring but don’t want to commit to anything too early.. I will probably buy in the summer or fall.

Post # 8
899 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

So far we have booked the venue (yay!) and the church (including vicars). Food will be done by the venue, so I guess in a way that’s booked too.

So excited! 🙂

Post # 9
264 posts
Helper bee

We have the venue booked (ceremony is also there), and I’ve picked a dress (but have not purchased it yet). We have an engagement session booked and if that goes well we might have a photographer 🙂

Post # 10
1934 posts
Buzzing bee

We booked the venue (same place for ceremony and reception), photographer, cinematographer, and DJ.  The cake and florist are provided by the venue, so I guess technically, they’re done too!  I also ordered my ceremony dress, and I have my reception dress.

Still LOTS to diy!!

Post # 11
1690 posts
Bumble bee

Going to look at and hopefully book our venue tomorrow….same place for ceremony and reception. 

i have a photographer,   my dress,  my bouquet ,  bridesmaids bouquets,   and the birdcages for the table centrepieces. 

i have bought all the fabric i need for making 5 crinolines…….me and the bridesmaids.

once  we get the venue booked i can breathe a sigh of relief and relax for at least a year. its the first thing to do isnt it?   but my wedding was going to be a destination wedding and now its changed i have to do all  the booking again. 

Post # 12
2783 posts
Sugar bee

Oh my…some of you ladies are SO on the ball!

We have our venue (same for ceremony and reception), caterer, DJ and photog (those were easy as we have close friends who do both professionally, and are giving us their service as a wedding gift)…met with a potential officient yesterday, but wasn’t thrilled, so we’re discussing….

I’m trying to lose some weight before trying on dresses, want to be a little closer to where I’d like to be for the wedding so I can have a good idea of how I’ll look on the day…..so I’ll probably wait until I lose about ten pounds before I start shopping….(assuming both I and my mother can wait that long :P)

Post # 13
609 posts
Busy bee

We’ve booked our ceremony and reception sites. I’m starting to browse dresses online to get a feel for what I may or may not like. I’m still clueless about my color scheme, but actively looking for inspiration. I’ve started reaching out to photographers for prices and need to start seeking out DJs.

Like Sara_tiara, I’m waiting to lose weight before I dare step foot into a dress.

Post # 14
1690 posts
Bumble bee

Just got back from booking our venue!!!!!!!!!!   YAY its now official……..

Post # 16
17 posts
Newbee

church

venue (inc. food/cake)

dj

photographer

dress

tuxes

hotel

next up:

rehearsal

limos

The topic ‘Aug 2012 brides- What vendors have you booked?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors