(Closed) Aug 31 2013 Should I be doing more?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
  • poll: Am I way behind???
    Don't worry you have time : (14 votes)
    100 %
    Hurry up!! : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    2351 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

ur doing way better than me. im only planning a month later than u and i havent made a solid plan for one thing yet

Post # 4
    55 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

You’re right on track, but I would make sure you start looking into photographers right away if that’s important to you, as well as any vendors that you would deem high on the importance list-I was told a lot of photographers get booked 1 year in advance, and they weren’t joking-we were lucky to get the photographers we have, but at the same time they did such an amazing job with our engagement pictures, I can’t wait to see what they’ll do for the wedding!

Post # 5
    2351 posts
    Buzzing bee

really? a year out for photographers? crap. i guess when we do our site visit in a few weeks we should book some stuff. eeeeeek! decisions!

Post # 6
    182 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I think you’re doing just fine. You should look into booking your “must haves” (photographer, DJ/Band, Caterer, ect) probably no later than January. As PP mentioned, alot of these vendors are booked a year in advance, sometimes a year and a half!

Post # 8
    425 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I think you are fine, you definitely have time. It doesn’t hurt to start looking especially on the vendors that are most important to you. It also depends on your area, I live in Vermont and there isn’t a ton of options for vendors so I feel the best book up quickly. Our cake lady already has about 15 wedding for the spring and summer of 2013. But if I was planning where I grew up in NJ there would be plenty of vendors and plenty of time.

Post # 9
    3830 posts
    Honey bee

I’m the same month and i have my photographer, ceremony/reception booked, dress ordered. Within the next month i want to have the officiant, florist and DJ booked.

I know my colours/centerpieces/decoration ideas as well. I think the most important is booking the big important stuff!! 

But you still have time!

Post # 10
    3771 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I think the next big thing you need to get is photographer, as the great ones and the great ones who are lower priced go fast!  Other than that, I think you can take your time planning.  There are weddings planned in 4 months, they must do it somehow!

Post # 11
    2335 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

You have plenty of time but I think its good to get stuff done in advance if you can.  I got most of the stuff done in the first 2-3 months and I’m SO glad now because I don’t feel like doing much.  Seriously- I’m about to send something to the printers and it was so nice just being to open the file I created months ago, double check everything, and send it off.  Its even better knowing I won’t have to schedule any more meetings with vendors until the week-of.

Post # 12
    1686 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I’m right where you are. We booked our ceremony, but nothing else concrete yet. (We’re destination eloping though, so it’s going to be pretty low key. We might do a “surprise, we’re married!” cake reception when we get home, but not fully decided yet. 🙂

Post # 13
    197 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

Our wedding is in March and I just booked the photographer the day before yesterday. Granted, I know her and have worked with her before so she knew that I wanted to use her for my wedding but I didn’t even get engaged until May. If you’re getting married in August (or October for stacylou), you have plenty of time!

The topic ‘Aug 31 2013 Should I be doing more?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors