(Closed) Aug. 4, 2012

posted 6 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
813 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

once you get the main things booked, it seems a lot easier! make sure you can find a venue firs off, and everything else will fall into place. check out theknot.com for a checklist, i found it quite helpful! 

good luck and welcome date twin

Post # 4
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

That is my wedding date too!  We got engaged on Dec 27th.  Just bang out guest list, venue, then dress…worry about the rest later πŸ™‚ 

Post # 5
335 posts
Helper bee

I am an August 4th Bride too! Just a little over 6 months to go!

August 4th 2012 is three years to the day that we met.

Post # 7
27 posts
Newbee

Thats our date too!!! Also the day before my birthday, which I guess makes it really easy for him to remember! I found alot of amazing ideas for mason jars on pinterest because that was my original idea, but like everything else in our wedding that changed. As for invitiations, I found this cute and relatively cheap type of invites, they’re called “Seal-n-Send” Its your invitation and RSVP card all on one sheet that folds up into a cute little self seal envelope. All you need is a postage stamp and a postcard stamp (this saves a bit on stamps) but you also save money and paper because you don’t use envelopes! Also, if you aren’t super hung up on having real flowers I can give you the name of a woman in Ohio that does amazing work with silk flowers!!!

Post # 9
3 posts
Wannabee

I can not belive how close the wedding is now. congrats on your big day, same day as mine yay. my fiance and have been together five years, we have a four year old boy, a two year old girl and a one year old boy. the stress of the wedding is starting to get overwehlming, waking up at night afraid forgotten something important….

Post # 10
128 posts
Blushing bee

4 more weeks ladies! Holy buckets.. the day is soo very close. I am feeling the stress starting to kick in. Lots of little tasks to get done yet and some can not be done until the day before the wedding.

I still need to get my dress fitted, create a couple different signs, finish table numbers, paint a few things, wrap ribbon around candy jars and create labels, choose wedding meal, create the boutonniers, cut out large letters for “Love is the key to happiness,” buy a crap load of candles, and finish paying our vendors. Right before the wedding I need to create my fresh flower centerpieces and the mothers bouquets as well as the flower girls bouquets. And then of course I need to set-up for the ceremony and reception. Thankfully, I have help cleaning it up after! πŸ™‚

I am so ready for it to be here. What about you ladies? Do you have lots of things that need to get done yet?

Post # 11
418 posts
Helper bee

I’m sure that once you get the venue, food, and dress ironed out, the rest of it will fall into place! Congratulations on your engagement and good luck planning! πŸ™‚

Post # 12
128 posts
Blushing bee

Thank yas priyathescientist! πŸ™‚ A few things are crossed off my list. Only a few more little tasks to go!

Post # 13
130 posts
Blushing bee

*runs around screaming like a headless chicken* lol

4th of August here too, but it’s witner over here and cold! Today is 18 days, and I’m so hoping I’ve got everything done. *takes a few deep breaths*

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m an August 4th bride too…and we’re almost there!! Ten days and a wake up πŸ™‚ Anyone getting married in the morning?

Post # 15
5 posts
Newbee

MY TO DO LIST IS GROWING AND THE NUMBER OF DAYS ARE SHRINKING!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

Post # 16
130 posts
Blushing bee

at the stage of tearing my hair out. 3 days to go, and I rang this morning to check if we can check in early on saturday at the hotel so we dont need our bags at the venue etc. They had our reservation for the wrong night (!!!!!!!). We went to pick up our cake tin and pay for our hire cupcake stand yesterday, the shop had crossed our names off the hire forms, so we were lucky everything was still there! I have no idea why, we certainly didn’t ring and cancel anything, it’s the only place in town we can get them.

ARGH!

The topic ‘Aug. 4, 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors