(Closed) August 1, 2009

posted 10 years ago in August 2009
Post # 3
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I’m an August 1st 2009 bride! We’re getting married in upstate NY on the St. Lawerence River. How ’bout you?!

Post # 5
5 posts
Newbee

August 1 09 in Jenkintown, PA (near Philly)!

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee

Hi there, I’m getting married 8/1/09 in Newport Beach, CA.  How far along are all of you in the planning??

Post # 7
443 posts
Helper bee

We’re got the site, the photog, the guest list, the dress, the rentals, and caterer squared away. We also have our color scheme and centerpieces decided. We do seem to be lagging in the room blocks, menu choices and invitation/STD department though!

How’s everything going with you guys?

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee

I’m an August 1 Bride!! I think it’s such a great date…the first of the month… ahh I just love it!

Even though it’s an August wedding, my colors are golds and creams. I’m going for an angelic-elegant feel. How about you Bees?

Post # 9
1276 posts
Bumble bee

Hi all!  Can’t decide if I’m behind or on schedule, but August first is coming one way or another.  Am currently having the worst time finding a photographer, but hopefully I’ve finally found someone who will work out.  We’ve made but not send our STD…Never before have I thought so much about the first week of August in the first week of January!

Post # 10
443 posts
Helper bee

I hear ya fizicsGirl- on new years day my lovely SIL to be said "did you realize your wedding is 7 months from today?! You’d better get moving" I was like OMG 7 months… last I checked it was over a year out. I still need to work on room blocks.

Post # 11
443 posts
Helper bee

Here’s my inspiration board for ours LaBelle. That’s my actual dress thats pictured.

[attachment=101207,792]

Post # 12
7 posts
Newbee

I’m also getting married Aug. 1st in Birmingham AL .  I’ve got the place (which is awesome because they do catering and the flowers) I have also gotten my dress, but I am having a difficult time finding the photographer.  

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2008

August 1, 2009 here too!

Got engaged 12/20/08!

Having a simple backyard ceremony! Its about the celebration, not the cost of the wedding! Its hot in August in Central Pennsylvania, so we plan on having a ceremony is a shaded woodsy area behind our house and a evening dinner with our friends and family with the open air feel! No tent unless we know its going to rain!

I’m so excited!! The planning has begun! No vendor needed since we have a beautiful huge back yard! 🙂 We live in the countryside…..

Post # 14
106 posts
Blushing bee

I’m surprised there aren’t more August 1 brides! I fell in love with the date, I had it planned before we got engaged! I just loved how the first of the month sounds. It’s so fresh, new month, clean slate. I just love it. 🙂

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi Everyone,

I am an August 1, 2009 bride too. We are getting married in Camarillo, CA.

I don’t have my save the dates done either. Any ideas?

I am having trouble coming up with something.

Post # 16
443 posts
Helper bee

smun- Do you have a theme or color scheme for your wedding that you could use for your save the dates?

I just whipped something simple up in Photoshop (downloaded some calligraphy fonts and heron clipart) and uploaded it to staplescustomprinting.com and they’re going to print magnets with my design andship them to me.

40 magnets only cost me $35 after tax and shipping!!

The topic ‘August 1, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors