(Closed) August 10, 2012

posted 7 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@KatieJean: I’m tentatively a date twin! We’ve been talking about August/Sept dates and I really like the 8-10-12 or 9-9-12 ideas, but since it’s less likely to rain here in August that’s probably what we’ll go with! So far all we’ve done is decide on the venue, but since it’s the (very small) winery and vineyard Fiance works at, we don’t have to fight other couples for a date so we’ve been taking our time πŸ™‚ What have you done?

Post # 5
438 posts
Helper bee

@KatieJean: Sounds like your planning is going great! We are kind of wine-os too, it’s hard to NOT be one when Fiance is in wine Wink So far we pretty much just have the place and tentative date and that’s it. I have definitely done a ton of research though, I have some good ideas about what dresses I want to try on, some ideas about the overall feeling/colors, pretty sure I know where i want to get our cake (there is an AMAZING cake place in town). I also know who I’d like hire as our photographer if we can afford her. The one thing I’m not sure about that I feel like we should probably figure out sooner than later is our officiant (oh yeah, that person who actually marries us! ha).

I just finished school (again) at the end of August, and got my RN license a week ago, so I’m currently looking for a job. We’ll be able to really start planning once I’m employed and he’s not trying to support both of us Smile

Post # 7
438 posts
Helper bee

@KatieJean: So frustrating! I have all these ideas and would *love* to firm things up, I’ve been looking much of this stuff up for months and would love to solidify something! That photographer, for example, is amazing, and I seriously hope we can afford her– but what if we can, and she’s not even available? I know there will always be other options, but still…

On the plus side, I got a few job leads today! So perhaps I’ll have a job soon and we can really start this shindig! (That’s right, I want a job so we can plan a wedding, lol. I’ve got my priorities straight!)

Post # 9
438 posts
Helper bee

It turns out we are likely going to have to change our date to 9/9! Fiance will be in school next summer doing a year’s worth of Organic Chem in 3 months, so we are moving our date to September when his summer term will be over. I hope another date twin shows up soon– 8/10/12 is an awesome date!!! Happy planning! πŸ™‚

Post # 10
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I just saw this! I’m a date twin!!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 12
775 posts
Busy bee

@KatieJean:Mostly booked. I have the venue booked, carriage, officiant, photographer. Most of the little stuff. Some stuff can’t be booked until January though. 

What about you?

Post # 14
775 posts
Busy bee

We booked the photographer back in February (before we were even engaged hahaha). It took me FOREVER to find a good one! There are so many untalented photographers out there it’s ridiculous, but once I found mine I booked him right away. He’s a little pricey though.

We booked a venue for our ceremony and reception in February as well, but they ended up lying to us a bunch and we were disatisfied and did not trust them, so we got refunded our deposit and found a new place, which we just put the rental fee down for a couple weeks ago. So we have our venue for the cocktail hour, ceremony, and reception.

We also just booked our officiant last week & our dj. We had a dj previously, but his lack of communication made me question him, so he kept our $250 deposit and we were done with him.

The only flowers I am having at my wedding is the bouquets and rose petals. The centerpieces are going to be candles and also fake flower arrangements (the ones that look and feel real). I bought stuff to decorate and accessorize the reception (paper lanterns, toasting flutes, serving sets, guestbook, frames) and ceremony (shephard hooks, pales) already. The guys are having button boutonierres and the mothers are having fake flower corsages/boutonierres. We have to book the florist for our 4 bouquets in January.

We already picked out our baker for the cake and the cake we want (Madhatter style πŸ™‚ I’ve always wanted one), which we put in the deposit in January as well.

We booked the hair salon for everything as well.

We booked our carriage in April and we booked our private chartered boat cruise for the Fiance and I. 

I actually picked out the girls dresses before mine haha and I paid 1/2 for my wedding gown, so it’s ordered. Bought my shoes, hairpiece, and accessories. We picked out the tuxes as well.

My wedding is a destination wedding, so I kinda….plan faster do to that reason. Sometimes I hope the faster I plan the faster time will go by…it’s not working hahaha πŸ™‚

Post # 16
775 posts
Busy bee

Ugh I’m tired of planning! hahaha I don’t wanna plan anymore if thats what you mean!

The topic ‘August 10, 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors