(Closed) August 10, 2012

posted 10 years ago in August 2012
Post # 17
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m a date twin πŸ™‚ . We have a lot of the major stuff taken care of at this point, but really haven’t done anything about invites or flowers as of yet. The invites will be the next thing we work on getting done. My dress is supposed to be shipped to the shop in April- can’t wait!!

Post # 18
280 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m a date twin too! We’ve done quite alot already; decor, flowers, my dress, shoes, veil, wedding ring, caterer, venue, registrar, invites, cake and booked honeymoon. We still need to actually get our passports, fiances ring, my headband, photographer, transport and my fiances attire (he’s currently in a wheelchair due to an accident so can’t try anything on at the moment). We haven’t got that long to go! I’m so excited Bees!

* my weddingbee dates wrong πŸ™‚

Post # 19
488 posts
Helper bee

I’m a date twin! I have almost everything booked. Nailing down catering and the wedding coordinator duties this weekend.

What I’ve gotten done so far:

-Venue

-Photographer

-Photo Booth

-Cupcakes/Cake

– DJ

– Dress

– Shoes

– Flowers

– Most of the Decor

– Men’s Tuxes

– Chair Rental

Post # 20
95 posts
Worker bee

I’m a date twin too! πŸ˜€
We still need: cake, day of planner, consultation with DJ, some DIY projects, FH passport, honeymoon excursions/reservations.

I’ve really enjoyed planning and will miss it. I’m just one of those people who loves to plan. I finally got the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses after hours of searching online. My Bridesmaid or Best Man are college students like me so I offered to buy the dresses. But I’m a bargain shopper and didn’t want to cough up over $100 for each dress. This picture doesn’t do them justice! The dresses are so much nicer in person. And you can’t beat $38 each!

Did you girls have a hard time finding Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses or were they easy to pick out?

Post # 21
488 posts
Helper bee

I had my BMs just go to Davids Bridal and pick out what dress they wanted in the color I wanted. They are all over the place and it just seemed easier to have them go there.

Post # 22
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m a wedding date twin also!!Smile  I’m new to weddingbee so I’m feeling out everything on this site and its amazing that I haven’t found this before! Originally we had August 11 or August 4 in mind, but I fell in love with a venue and opted for August 10 because that was the only open date in the whole month! BUT I love the date 08-10-12, its fun! 

So far I have:

-venue booked (wedding and reception at same place)

-dj booked (meeting set in July to finalize details)

-photographer booked (just took engagement photos 2 weeks ago)

-cake booked (meeting set in July to finalize details)-my wedding dress πŸ™‚

-wedding colors picked for bridesmaids (now they are to choose any style from davids bridal as long as its in the color I picked)

Working on…and Need to do:

-coordinating my bridesmaids accessories (6 of them)

-flowers

-picking out wedding music to give to dj

-ordering wedding bands

-Tuxes for all the men

-wedding favors

-designing invitations

-booking honeymoon 

-find catering or decide on on-site catering

I live in the twin cities, and am having my wedding in Oklahoma….it’s been hard planning from afar!! Most of it was done during christmas break when I went to visit my family, and more will be done in May after school gets out (i’m a current grad student). 

Hope you all are coming along with your planning!! Its exciting…5 more months!

Post # 23
20 posts
Newbee

I’m a date twin also. We have all of our big stuff booked. Venue, Photog, Catering, Cake, tentatively DJ, Dress, Bridesmaids Dresses (are Bill Levkoff in Plum Chiffon and the girls picked their own style), Flowers, Invitations just came in and we’re working on decorations, centerpieces, lighting, favors. A lot of the smaller details are going to be DIY. We DIYed the Save the Dates also. We’re getting married outside at an Inn in Hampton New Hampshire. Just keep crossing my fingers for awesome weather especially since we’ve had such strange weather this winter.

Post # 24
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi there, I am from The Netherlands. I am a date twin. I hope everythings is going well there. Smile

Post # 25
123 posts
Blushing bee

Hi all!

I’m new to the boards.  I, too, have my wedding set for August 10th.  I’m *so* excited!  We’ve got almost everything done:

• Invitations arrived – half are addressed
  • Booked ceremony/reception at the hotel
  • Booked the officiant
  • Bought the wedding rings
  • Bought my dress – will be done on May 22nd!
  • Cake is ordered
  • Groom & guys will be measured for tuxes on June 2nd
  • Found a florist
  • Did the tasting for the reception dinner

Still need to finish:

• Find a reasonably priced DJ
  • Finish addressing & mail invitations
  • Find a pair of comfortable shoes for the wedding dress (looking at Angela Nuran)
  • Pick a song for our first dance (we still can’t find the “perfect” one)
  • Buy a gift for my fiancé for the wedding day (what do you get the guy who’s got everything?)
  • Find a hair/make-up artist that can come to the hotel to do my hair/make-up on the wedding day.  Having a hard time finding someone to do this on a Friday!!!

I’m trying to get as much done now as I can, since I’m returning to college full time and I’m starting this June.  I’ll have a 3 week break from August 1st to August 23rd, then it’s back to class full-time again.  Just enough time to get married and go on our honeymoon πŸ™‚

Can’t wait for my dress to arrive!  I’m having it custom sized and I ordered it online after trying on some dresses that were very similar.  Couldn’t beat the price, it was 70% off.  I’m hoping beyond hope that I love it as much as the pictures.  I figure I know how the style fits on me, so I should like it, especially having it custom sized.

Happy to meet my fellow 8/10/12 brides!!!

Post # 26
123 posts
Blushing bee

Any updates from our fellow August 10th brides?

We put the invitations in the mail and booked the DJ.  My wedding dress arrived on Monday and I had so much fun trying it on!!  Now I can go find a pair of shoes to go with it.  The guys are getting measured/fitted for tuxes next Saturday (June 2nd).

We’re getting closer, ladies!!!  YAY! Laughing

Post # 27
280 posts
Helper bee

I cannot believe how quickly time is passing! Under 3 months to go!

Right, I still have to:

-Buy bridal undies

-Book Hairdresser

-Groom Attire

-Decide on Drinks

-Book Highlights

-Confirm Guest List to Caterer

-Notice of Marriage

-Wedding Dress Fitting

Think that’s it….

Post # 28
123 posts
Blushing bee

Dropped my dress off at the seamstress to have my alterations made.  I’m having the train removed.  It’s just too awkward to move around in it and I don’t want to have to drape it over my arm all night long.  It’s also got a very plunging neckline, so we’re going to take some of the fabric from the train and make it a bit more modest in the bust.

It should be ready on Saturday!  Can’t wait to pick it up Laughing

Post # 29
123 posts
Blushing bee

Less than 2 months to go, ladies!!!  We’re in the home stretch Laughing

Post # 30
5 posts
Newbee

Before we know it this month will go by fast. How is everyone’s last min. Planing coming along?

Post # 31
2314 posts
Buzzing bee

@maliz:  Shhhhh, I’m busy procrastinating over here!!  πŸ˜‰

The topic ‘August 10, 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors